+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Deception

Re: Deception

IMO, this show is much closer to Revenge than Scandal. Maybe there's a comparison with the latter because both shows have beautiful African American actresses as the lead

I've enjoyed the episodes I've seen but, like with Revenge, I have to wonder how long this show can continue on with this premise. What happens when the culprit is found out?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    Ok I have seen Meagan in jumping the broom and deliver us from Eva. Thank you imdb.

As for the older brother, Tate Donovan, I know him best as the voice of Hercules from the Disney cartoon and the fact that he was engaged to both Sandra Bullock and Jennifer Aniston. I was such a fan girl for both these ladies in the 90s
    I've read that he was not such a great romantic partner to either, but what I care about is that he's a very good actor. I always enjoy watching him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    IMO, this show is much closer to Revenge than Scandal. Maybe there's a comparison with the latter because both shows have beautiful African American actresses as the lead

I've enjoyed the episodes I've seen but, like with Revenge, I have to wonder how long this show can continue on with this premise. What happens when the culprit is found out?
    I don't get the comparisons to Scandal either. Silly, and way off base. The premises of the two shows couldn't be any further apart, leaving one to surmise that the only reason folk have drawn comparisons between the two is because both shows' lead characters are AA females.

I'm surprised at myself enjoying this show so much as normally, these types of shows with these types of "one incident" premises don't interest me at all. Didn't like Lost for this very reason.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Interesting turning of events on tonight's episode with actor John Laurquette (sp?), guest starring and playing a well-noted doctor to Victor Garber's character (can't remember his name). Lots of sub-plots going on now. But the end where Joanna saw the picture of Julian wearing the (the one he threw into the water last week), and then putting two and two together that the design on the ring matches the imprint of the cuts on Vivian's face...hmm...
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 01-21-2013 at 10:16 PM.

I stopped watching Revenge about 8 episodes in because I found it was taking too long to resolve. I wonder if that feeling will happen again. At some point things need to start to move without just becoming more complicated.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I like how each week they eliminate one suspect and then introduce another possible suspect in Vivian's death. Now supposedly John Laurequette's character is a suspect perhaps? I can't help thinking that Robert is somehow involved.

I gave up on this one. There are too many continuing dramas on that I like better.

I'm going to have to catch up on this one either online or On Demand at some point. I'm intertested, but it was stupid to schedule it opposite both "Castle" and "Hawaii Five-0."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I recorded the show and watched it last night! I thought it was a great episode. I like it better than when it first started. I will continue to record and watch it. I love the actors on this show too.

Deception

I really hope this show lasts, although since this is NBC were talking about here. But I am interested in seeing how hints further develop with the plot. If by some snowballs chance in hell this show gets a season two I can help wondering what the plot/premise will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread