+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Deception

Deception

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I really really really hope this show gets renewed. I s'pose the chances aren't too good, but my fingers are crossed.
    Fingers crossed with you. I really enjoyed this show.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: Deception

I've loved me some Tate Donovan for years. I watched the show because of him. I found myself really enjoying it though. The acting was great, and the stories kept me interested. I hope NBC gives it another year to grow.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

It was Victor Garber who got me to watch this show in the first place; I'll watch pretty much anything he does as he usually helps make bad things better and good things great. I'll also agree with yourefired about Tate Donavan's talent. And I adore John Pyper-Ferguson. I'm hoping we see a lot more of him if there is a second season. I feel the acting has been strong pretty much across the board.

I had to marathon the show via On Demand because it aired opposite two other must see shows for me -- another instance of idiotic NBC scheduling.

I knew from the start that Edward would not be the killer; the writer's made him look like too much of a villain from the start. That was pretty obvious. They did have me going with the others since at various times I believed Vivian's killer to be Julian or Sofia. I'm very curious as to exactly what and how much Robert knows about Sofia's past.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Count me in as one of those with fingers crossed hoping there's a season two. I need to know how things work out with everyone, specifically with Mia being kidnapped and Robert being the supposed killer of his previous wife.

NBC please don't leave us hanging...I beg of thee....
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

It seems to me that if NBC would hire programming schedulers with some working brain cells, they wouldn't be consistently in last place. To obtain a quality show like Deception and schedule it in the same air time as Hawaii Five-0, The Following, and Castle and expect it to succeed is ludicrous. (I think I have those shows right; please correct me if I've made an error.) There is plenty of available air time with weaker competition.

Maybe one of the cable stations will pick it up if NBC cancels it.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy444777 View Post
    love this show and hope it gets renewed . . .

1. Why wouldn't Edward's wife's family/parents/daughters be there when he pulled the plug?
    This bothered me so much!!

Maybe I missed some things, but do we even know that Edward's in-laws are alive? Maybe he thought having their young children there when their mother was taken off life support would be too traumatic.

I don't think we can count on anyone at NBC to make smart programming decisions. They're in 5th place behind Univision, so it's pretty clear they're clueless.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Maybe I missed some things, but do we even know that Edward's in-laws are alive? Maybe he thought having their young children there when their mother was taken off life support would be too traumatic.

I don't think we can count on anyone at NBC to make smart programming decisions. They're in 5th place behind Univision, so it's pretty clear they're clueless.
    Exactly what I thought, Critical almost word for word. I would surely think their daughters were too young to be there and I don't think we've heard anything about any in-laws, parents or siblings, at least not yet.

I guess I should have clarified, I didn't mean *in the room* when he pulled the plug, just, around. Like, they weren't even at the hospital.

Here's a site to join petition to have the show renewed for another season if you are interested.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/833/0...new-deception/

+ Reply to Thread