+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beauty and the Beast

FORT Fogey

Beauty and the Beast

I loved the original series back in the day, so I was very curious about this CW show. The setup and mystery are intriguing, but not too excited about the casting. Or maybe it's the setting? The detectives & ME look much too young for their jobs. Perhaps if they were reporters instead of cops? It's distracting.

The chemistry between the two leads is very good, though. I'll keep watching, but I won't be surprised if it doesn't make it past the first season. I'm getting a Ringer vibe, unfortunately.

Re: Beauty and the Beast

I liked Ringer & wished it would have continued.

As for this one, I didn't even make it to the end of the 1st episode. I also didn't care for the casting. Even before the premier, the promos put me off a bit. The overly pretty boy/girl looks of the leads were just off. They both have such a vapid look to them. In the show, they didn't redeem themselves a bit. Neither was convincing in their part.
    It got cut from my watch list about 35 minutes into the show. I wasn't even interested in seeing how the episode ended.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I didn't mind it, but I've never been a big fan of Kristen K (didn't like her on Edgemont and still don't), but I'll give it a try to see where it goes.

Is anyone else still watching? I didn't plan on watching, but I've sort of gotten hooked.

I will say that Cat's sister of one of THE most annoying characters on TV. I keep hoping she'll get knocked off....or struck mute.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I didn't think I would still be watching either but I am.
    Maybe the events from the last episode will calm little sister down. She is annoying.

FORT Fogey

This show is moving along so quickly! They could've lingered a bit on the captain's bro & Heather's relationship. Give us a chance to really miss his character now that he's dead. No more new episodes until March 14. I'll be looking forward to hearing Vincent's voice

I've been watching the whole first season and I absolutely LOVE it. I think the love between Jay Ryan's character and Kristin's is amazing.

FORT Fogey

So, this show survived it's first season, and the second season is off to a great start. Like the new direction with more focus on the people behind the beasts. Glad that Gabe remains in a different capacity and that Tess is no longer dating a married man. The new beast look and transformation are much improved from last year. Looking forward to seeing where the story takes us this year.

Renewed. New season will start June 2, 2014 at 9pm.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread