+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

FORT Fanatic

Nashville

This show started last night and it's my favorite new show of the season. Connie Britton is AMAZING. Plus, I love the combination of music and acting. I highly recommend it.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Re: Nashville

My only problem was the same one I have with so many strongly promoted shows.
    I felt I'd seen or read about most of it already, so it seemed kind of uneventful & predictable. That is until the very end. The part about the young singer & the young guy singing in the club & the way Rayna's manager seemed to start his mind clicking. It made me wonder what's up? & what will be next. Plus I loved their singing & song.

I liked the way the characters were multi-faceted. They seemed to have a lot going on in their lives. Good story potential. Also all the music was enjoyable.

Best so far. Definitely on the must-watch-or-tape list.
    Thumbs up.
    Coco46 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I recorded it so I could see if it's worth the hype. I hate when they OVER hype shows... and this is another example of it I mean I kept hearing it was the #1 new show of the season when it hadn't even aired yet. I mean, what the hell, can the show begin airing at least? Grrrrr!
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fan

AMEN. I kept seeing promos where they said the show was better than the city. Really? Let's tone it down a bit.

I watched it because I live in Nashville and was interested in seeing how they portrayed the city, and as to that, I was impressed. They really took their time and got some great establishing shots. Plus I know the guy who's engaged to the girl who played Juliette's assistant so he's been bugging everyone he knows to watch the show for weeks. I hope he makes it onto the show at some point, because he's a great songwriter.

My favorite scenes were the ones in the Bluebird. I loved the songs they showed in there, and overall, I thought the music was great. I also loved seeing some country music legends (Del McCoury Band!!!!) My least favorite was Hayden as Juliette. Can't put my finger on it, but something about her acting was off.

I recorded it and am looking forward to watching over the weekend. From the promo it reminds me of the "Country Strong" storyline. Fingers crossed, hope it's good! Doesn't seem like very many of us have watched it so far. I was driving all day yesterday and must've heard the radio commerical for the show a dozen+ times. All the hype did get me to call the DH and get him to record the show though!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I didn't see it due to a conflict, but it got excellent reviews in our local paper.

FORT Fanatic

It's on Wednesday at the same time as Chicago Fire. However, NBC reairs Chicago Fire on Saturday, so there's no conflict now. Smart of NBC because I think Nashville will/would kill Chicago Fire in the ratings.

Caught it On Demand and LOVED it! Which is actually bad because I already cram too many one hour shows into my viewing schedule and even with On Demand, I find I'm spending way too much time catching up.

The songs are good and Connie and Hayden both do their own singing. For some reason, I kept thinking Faith Hill and Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood as comparisons for the rivalry between the two women. Looking forward to the next episode!
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I like Connie Britton and I love Powers Booth, but I'm finding it another soap opera in a different setting. I did like the music, but I see:

a) Young but talented brat with mother issues.
    b) Older talented daughter with father issues and fading career.
    c) Older powerful man who want to control everything.
    d) Husband who is jealous of wife's success and regrets his choices.
    e) Secrets about child/parent biology.
    f) Sibling rivalry.

The only story line I found compelling was the discovery of the unknown singers/writer. I probably won't be watching this one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Just finished watching the first episode and am already hooked. I could have watched another whole hour. I love shows like this. Always loved me some Powers Boothe. Haven't seen him in anything in years. That deep voice...Lord help me.

Definitely adding this show to my weekly "must-see" list. Finally some shows on television again that are actually worth watching. Scandal...Dallas, now Nashville. I really hope this one lasts and doesn't get cancelled before it's had a chance to develop a good fanbase. Fingers crossed.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 123456789101151 ... LastLast