+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I know a few of you have posted that you like the Juliette/Deacon scenes, but I can't stand them. Their whole relationship skeeves me out.

I liked her relationship with her boyfriend/husband. Kind of an opposites attract kind of thing. It made her a little more human & likable. Plus the mother-in-law relationship had a lot of potential. It made me sympathetic to Juliette. So very soapy.

I hope they explore the paternity issue of Rayna's daughter. Now that it's been brought up you just know they're going to. It will come out at the worst possible time.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

so I guess Rayna's dad bought the election for Teddy? That'll cause some drama. And Peggy came to see Teddy after the win? That will go somewhere too I believe.

They need to figure out what to do with Juliette - they need a longer storyline for her.

The prison thing was interesting too - I like that guy.

I have zero interest in the Avery storyline in Atlanta though. Boring.

IMO, they have enough main characters to give interesting storylines without going off with new characters like Avery's brother. I have no interest in that or an ex-con. Total turnoff for me.

I suddenly realized that Ranya has an annoying nasally voice, especially when she talks. I just noticed it. I like her though. I didn't care for the song she sang in her concert. Couldn't they do better than that? The one Juliette did wasn't much better.

Juliett's husband is right in being upset. She took advantage of him and his convictions for her own amusement. That is not right. Reminds me a little of the Chris Humphries/kardashian situation. lol

Now I know that Rayna's husband and that woman are crazy as all get out. With their history, her showing up and going in his suite alone was VERY stupid. Anyone could have caught more pictures of that happening. You can't keep explaining guilty looking stuff away. Maybe RAyna doesn't care, but the citizens and supporters would.

I like Nashville but it's got to get a little more exciting than this. I do not like Deacon and Juliette....too much age difference for me to feel comfortable.
    Rayna's and Juliette's songs all just blend together for me....haven't listened to country music for a long time but it sure is different than what I used to hear. Those songs were simple and complete. I'm not sure what these songs were even about!
    And I'm afraid that we will be hearing/seeing more of the ex con brother...why else do that segment?....doesn't appeal to me.

ITA. I have no interest in the ex-con brother. Please. This show has great potential, but the writers are blowing it with lame storylines. They need to pick it up.

The ex con brother played the big brother Ben on Jane By Design and I loved him on that. I'm going to give him a chance because I really like the actor. That said, maybe he's the love interest for Juls. He's a bad boy and musically inclined...right up her alley.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    The ex con brother played the big brother Ben on Jane By Design and I loved him on that. I'm going to give him a chance because I really like the actor. That said, maybe he's the love interest for Juls. He's a bad boy and musically inclined...right up her alley.
    The only problem with the ex-con storyline is that it's so predictable. We can anticipate exactly what is going to happen with that character. I just don't see the point. And then we have perfectly good characters who are wondering around doing nothing. It really strikes me as odd. With all the writers who need work, why are there so few who write good scripts in network tv? If it doesn't change, I fear Nashville is in it's last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    ITA. I have no interest in the ex-con brother. Please. This show has great potential, but the writers are blowing it with lame storylines. They need to pick it up.
    I just don't want to give up on this show.
    I see the potential too. My problem is that I just don't seem to be able to get attached to any of the characters.
    Really caring about what happens to characters is what keeps me watching, even if I don't like them & want to see them get their comeuppance.

I'm still waiting, but I won't wait forever.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Enjoy the backstory, and enjoy fastforwarding through the singing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Most of the time, I like the singing. Last week's performances weren't up to par, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread