+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

You try and try and then eventually you have to save yourself. The day I walked away, I knew I would NEVER return and that it was the best decision I ever made.

My mom loves this show too, but she is constantly complaining that Deason is too old for Juliett. True, but it's not uncommon for young girls to have crushes on daddy figures, especially, when the guy is attractive, poweful, talented, rich and famous. Deacon has a few of those things in his corner. I can see the relationship EASY. I dated several older men when I was Juliett's age. Man, the mistakes I made. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    As the daughter of an abusive, alcoholic mother, I totally get her attitude towards her mother. It's not fun to live in that environment as a child and to need a parent that has checked out. It's a really tough situation to be in and it's really hard to let go and forgive, especially when the parent refuses to admit they have a problem.
    It's interesting reading this board sometimes.
    I didn't have to live with alcoholics/drug abuse growing up, so I don't have the knowledge of what it's like, so it's interesting to hear your point of view, & I realize you're right about the damage it can do & the feelings it leaves you with.
    But as to the verbal abuse, controlling, manupulative abusive (yes, it very well CAN be abusive) man, I have plenty of first hand knowledge. It's not all that easy to just walk away as some of you think. It eats away at your self esteem, and you begin to blame yourself when they get mad at you. You feel it's your fault for not being "good enough" and not supporting their ways completely. The longer you stay, the harder it is.
    It's the old Frog Story. It's great in the beginning, but the abuse, manipulation, control is so gradual you don't see it happening until your faith in yourself is gone & you're in hot water.
    Everyone says, "just walk away. you're letting it happen". But once again it's like saying "it's YOUR fault". That only makes you more down on yourself.

I can see where Scarlett is at. Been there, done that. Got out, but only after over 20 years.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Very well put Miss Scarlett. I don't have any experience with that kind of man so I wasn't able to explain it as well as you, but that's exactly why I called Scarlett an abused woman. Just because it's emotional abuse doesn't mean it's easier to walk away, and you're right, it never starts out extreme. It builds to that level and by the time you're in that deep, it's hard to climb out, and that's where I see Scarlett's character at.

I guess the other extreme is Juliette. She obviously also suffered emotional abuse from having an addict mother, and she went the opposite way. She's so determined to be independent and standing on her own two feet that everyone things of her as a nasty witch.

FORT Fanatic

I really, really wanted to like this show, but for me, it's just okay. I DVR it and find myself fast forwarding through everything that doesn't involve Rayna or her family. I'm sure I miss alot of the storylines, but I can't stand Hayden P. nor can I tolerate the Scarlett character.

I'm liking it well enough, but I'm not loving it. I think the cast is way too big. The guy that sings with Scarlett was a side character at first and unless he's involved with Scarlett, should stay that way but they gave him a love interest and now we are getting stand alone scenes with him. Then we have Rayna and her brood...husband, father, sister. Whitey, Julianna, Deacon, the new lady who embezzled with Rayna's husband, Scarlett's boyfriend, blahblahblah. It's too many people to care about. I like it better when shows start with a small core group and then expand slowly. There's just too many storylines that I don't care enough about.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I still don't think Scarlett is abused....mostly because she's not married to the jerk, even though they live together, she is fiancially able to support herself and there are no kids involved.
    I think during this time is when you get to really know someone.....and in her case, she now knows all she needs to know to start walking away. Surely, she can see this is her future.
    Jerks don't change.
    Deacon may by too old for Juliette but he sure is still nice enough to consider! altho she may not feel that way in 10 years or so.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I still don't think Scarlett is abused....mostly because she's not married to the jerk, even though they live together, she is fiancially able to support herself and there are no kids involved.
    I don't think she's abused either. She's just has the misfortune of having to deal with an insanely jealous boyfriend. But that doesn't make it abuse. She'll probably end up kicking him to the curb by the end of the season.

And the more the weeks wear on, the more I dislike Rayna. Also, I agree that there are too many characters on this show making it difficult to focus on specific ones and care about their storylines.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 11-11-2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Yep, bee stung lips, ol' Rayna needs a good kick start or something...right now she seems so wishy washy and boring.
    I think she's gorgeous but she needs to come alive again. She seems to just be "existing."
    not good in real life nor as a character on a show.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 11-12-2012 at 04:51 AM.

I like the show and wish Rayna would just hurry up and hook up with Deacon... I see the chemistry between them but not Rayna and her husband. Talk about a dead fish. I am not a Hayden P. fan either but her character is warming up to me. They are peeling the layers back on her character so I am getting invested. I like the two young songwriters, little quirky but I like them. I liked Joshua Jackson on General Hospital but I don't like his character on this show as the jerky boyfriend.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

FORT Fogey

Well this show reeled me in again! I love listening to the music.

+ Reply to Thread