+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Rayna's husband is dumb as a box of rocks. How can he not expect that someone could be watching when he's hanging out at night with a woman not his wife? I hope it's someone hired by Rayna's father just to show the guy that he's got to be more careful.

I'm really trying hard to not get turned off by the singer/songwriter girl. I just cannot stand her character. At least her boyfriend is a pretty good actor. I'll call him oily hair and her burned hair. When do they get their makeovers.

I'm liking Juliette more each week.

How do you think Rayna knew who was calling her from the jail?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm really trying hard to not get turned off by the singer/songwriter girl. I just cannot stand her character. At least her boyfriend is a pretty good actor. I'll call him oily hair and her burned hair. When do they get their makeovers.

I'm liking Juliette more each week.
    I also don't care for Scarlet. I think it's her facial expression (singular). She always has such a mopy look on her face & her demeanor is always so down. It reminds me of that of an abused female. She might be a more likable character if she was a little more upbeat.

As to the boyfriend, I like him even less. He's a selfish jerk & always looks like a bum. Plus he has no talent whatsoever. However, the guy who plays him is a good actor. He's quite convincing in the part.

As to Juliette, I'm disliking her more each week. She's a spoiled entitled nasty brat. I felt bad for her at first because of the Mother situation, but even after her Mom went to get help, Juliette is just vile about & toward her. I don't think she has a compassionate bone in her body except for herself.

As to Rayna, she's getting more boring with each episode. I loved her at the beginning, but she's losing me fast.

I still love the music, though, and the story still has potential, so I'll keep watching.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I also don't care for Scarlet. I think it's her facial expression (singular). She always has such a mopy look on her face & her demeanor is always so down. It reminds me of that of an abused female. She might be a more likable character if she was a little more upbeat.
    Well, she is kind of the abused female, isn't she? Definitely emotional abuse. I get the feeling the boyfriend would like her to be at home, barefoot and pregnant, waiting by the door with dinner on the table and his slippers in hand, ready to cater to his every whim. And it seems like she's been doing that so long that it's hard for her to speak out-I mean, multiple characters have made some kind of reference to it, even Scarlett said this week that what he wants is to go back to how it was, with her never doing anything for himself. I bet in their backstory, he's just beat it into her head for so long that he's the star that it's dampened her spirit. I hope as her story goes on, she keeps getting stronger and stronger and maybe finally leaves the guy.

How do you think Rayna knew who was calling her from the jail?
    When she got the phone call, the message asked if she wanted to accept a collect call from Deacon

I agree that Rayna's storyline is getting more boring.

I thought at first they were going to reveal her husband HAD had an affair with that woman, and I thought, oh God, another love triangle. I was pleasantly surprised that she and Teddy were involved in embezzling instead. My guess as to the photographer is that Lamar set that whole thing up-he's really got Teddy thinking ruthlessly to win the election. My guess is that they're going to release those pictures to the press, Teddy's tearfully going to confess to an affair and beg public forgiveness, and then they're going to throw that woman under the bus claiming that she stole the money without Teddy's knowledge to impress her lover. Then Teddy, selfless as he is, went bankrupt personally to pay back the investors. SOMEHOW they're going to try to spin that whole thing as being that woman's fault, with Teddy somehow the good guy.

Personally, I like Juliette's storyline. I don't like HER, I'd hate to work for her or be around her, but I think she's one of the most well developed characters on the show. She just seems like a girl so desperate not to go back to what she was that she comes off as so ruthless and bratty. I mean, she admitted in the second episode that she'd play whatever role would sell the most records to secure her place, but when she's not playing the game so hard, she has some really tender moments. A lot of them related to Deacon, interestingly. He seems to bring out her more honest side-I loved the scene where they were sitting on the steps, just talking honestly. And that she went and picked him up from jail and didn't need any kind of explanation. And for me, the scenes with her and her bodyguard this week because I think at her core, that's who she truly would be if she felt more secure in her world. I mean, she apologized to him for making his job hard and then took his advice about her mother. When it comes to how she acts around her mother, I don't really blame her. She seems at her wit's end, like she's repeated this cycle a hundred times. I'd probably act that way toward a junkie parent too.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I like the Juliette character. She's a firecracker alright!

I thought that when Rayna answered the phone it said you have a collect call from the Davidson County Jail. I didn't notice they said Deacon.

Good speculation about how things will go with Rayna's husband and that lady.

The actress who plays Scarlett is so familiar to me. I can't place her. I looked her up and don't recognize where I have seen her before. Her body of work is not that large. Anyone know?

FORT Fan

It said both. Something along the lines of "This is the Davidson County Jail, you have a collect call from [Deacon]" The Deacon part I put in brackets because that's where he said his own name in the middle of the recording. I'd bet she'd know who was calling anyway-her kids are too young to be needing bail money, her husband was in bed beside her, so who else would be calling her to bail them out? I know they have issues and she's trying to be more true to her husband, but I still thought it was terrible of her to not go help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Well, she is kind of the abused female, isn't she? Definitely emotional abuse. I get the feeling the boyfriend would like her to be at home, barefoot and pregnant, waiting by the door with dinner on the table and his slippers in hand, ready to cater to his every whim. And it seems like she's been doing that so long that it's hard for her to speak out-I mean, multiple characters have made some kind of reference to it, even Scarlett said this week that what he wants is to go back to how it was, with her never doing anything for himself. I bet in their backstory, he's just beat it into her head for so long that he's the star that it's dampened her spirit. I hope as her story goes on, she keeps getting stronger and stronger and maybe finally leaves the guy.
    No offense but I don't think that makes an "abused female." I think that makes a dumb doormat.....it's wonderful that she wants to treat her guy well and maybe she does cater to him. But after awhile, no matter how much you love him, if you're not treated well, stop doing it. Don't take "abuse."
    To me, she chooses her "abuse" by allowing it. She needs to stand up to him if she doesn't like it....
    I think she probably is the bread winner....so it's not like she's dependent on him for financial support.
    The main problem is that the boyfriend is a self centered jerk.

Why wouldn't Rayna bail out Deacon?
    I can't understand Rayna's marriage...I just don't get anything between them....not anger, not love, maybe a little resentment but otherwise, nothing.
    Juliette's character is awful but that's what makes it good for the show.........and it's not just directed at her mother, nor can her obnoxious behavior to others, like those she employs, be overlooked and forgiven.
    But we need the Bad vs Evil....just like Rayna's father.
    I like the show but Rayna/Deacon storyline is stale at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    As to Juliette, I'm disliking her more each week. She's a spoiled entitled nasty brat. I felt bad for her at first because of the Mother situation, but even after her Mom went to get help, Juliette is just vile about & toward her. I don't think she has a compassionate bone in her body except for herself.
    As the daughter of an abusive, alcoholic mother, I totally get her attitude towards her mother. It's not fun to live in that environment as a child and to need a parent that has checked out. It's a really tough situation to be in and it's really hard to let go and forgive, especially when the parent refuses to admit they have a problem.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I didn't grow up with alcoholic parents, but I have watched enough Intervention type shows to see what kids go through with addicted parents. AND my ex was an addict/alcoholic. They can drive you crazy! Your life is not your own because these people cannot be content. They are miserable and they make everyone around them miserable. That's why Juliette has a difficult time being happy. She never learned how to be happy. It's impossible to be happy with addicts and alcoholics. They breed misery.
    PA Snow Bunny and JavaJo like this.

I watched a marathon of this yesterday on in demand. Just didn't click with me. I am not a Hayden P. fan to begin with so that might have been strike 1 for me before the show even started. I just don't see how her character would be attracted to a guy who is old enough to be her father PLUS he had an earlier addiction problem. Then the stealing of nail polish knowing she was being watched & pictures taken by those 3 girls. I am just lost with the relationship with Rayna/Deacon/Rayna's husband/Peggy. See I can't even remember Rayna's husbands name.
    Won't be watching again.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't grow up with alcoholic parents, but I have watched enough Intervention type shows to see what kids go through with addicted parents. AND my ex was an addict/alcoholic. They can drive you crazy! Your life is not your own because these people cannot be content. They are miserable and they make everyone around them miserable. That's why Juliette has a difficult time being happy. She never learned how to be happy. It's impossible to be happy with addicts and alcoholics. They breed misery.
    YEP!!! My ex is an alcoholic. Started his 5th job in 11 months & is drinking on the job since he works 12 hours shifts. So happy I divorced him.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread