+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Who is Jake? Do you mean Jeff (Fordham)? I didn't recognize him at first, but Jeff is played by Goldie Hawn's son, Oliver Hudson.
    Oh man, I meant to say Luke. I liked it when Rayna went to Luke's hospital bed side and asked how he was doing. He said, I feel well enough to want you to give me some sugar! Loved that. lol

And I thought everyone loved Deacon. I do think he's very handsome, sexy and all that. It would be difficult for me to resist. That's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Oh man, I meant to say Luke. I liked it when Rayna went to Luke's hospital bed side and asked how he was doing. He said, I feel well enough to want you to give me some sugar! Loved that. lol

And I thought everyone loved Deacon. I do think he's very handsome, sexy and all that. It would be difficult for me to resist. That's for sure.
    I'm not a sucker for just a pretty face. It's the character, reliability & stability that I find more attractive in the end. Deacon is kind of out to lunch on those things. You're right that when he's good he's great, but when he's not he's awful. He's just too unpredictable. I think he's got the character, but the reliability & stability just aren't there.
    If Rayna picks him again, she's setting herself up for disaster, and at the expense of a much better relationship with Luke.
    Sometimes "I've got the hots for you" just isn't enough. You've got to look at the big picture.

I far prefer Luke at this point. He's not a loose cannon waiting to go off. And he's just as easy on the eyes as Deacon. Plus he & Rayna seem to work together career wise. She & Teddy never did.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I think Deacon is hot, hot, hot. That said, you do have a good point about his reliability. Of course, he says he has changed.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I think Deacon has changed. I also think it's too little too late when it comes to getting back with Rayna (or it should be lol).
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I always thought that Deacon and Rayna were the star-crossed lovers who could never really get together at least until the end of the show thus, she would have to get with her fiancÚ for now since the show got renewed.

I agree with the love for Deacon, but still....it's not enough. He's still a huge risk. While people may gain sobriety and overcome rage issues, their core self doesn't change and I wouldn't trust my heart to Deacon. It's just not worth and it exposes the kids too much too.

I felt a little sorry for Teddy when Daphne was saying she wanted to take music lessons. I know Teddy has been a real jerk at times, but he did do the family a favor and got rid of Rayna's dad. Of course, no one but Deacon's ex-girlfriend knows that. But to have two daughters who seem to want more to do with Deacon must be heartbreaking. I think Teddy should take guitar lessons so he can fit it with the girls. lol.

WHY did Gunnar have to ask Scarlet to stay? I really don't care for her anymore.

Was there a mic or camera in the room that Will went into and said he was gay? I thought they had that room off limits. Will is so selfish and self absorbed. It's all about him and what he wants. He never takes advice and never thinks of other's welfare.

I've always felt sorry for Teddy. He was the one that stepped up and was a real father to both of the girls and a sorta husband to Rayna but he ended up being the bad guy. Yeah, he's got problems but I do feel like he got the short end of the stick while having to be the one that got up each day and went to work.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I've always felt sorry for Teddy. He was the one that stepped up and was a real father to both of the girls and a sorta husband to Rayna but he ended up being the bad guy. Yeah, he's got problems but I do feel like he got the short end of the stick while having to be the one that got up each day and went to work.
    Yeah, after he cheated on his wife. I don't feel sorry for him at all. He made his bed. He participated in keeping Deacon from knowing he had a daughter. He deserves the anger from Deacon about it, regardless of what Deacon was like back then.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Was there a mic or camera in the room that Will went into and said he was gay? I thought they had that room off limits. Will is so selfish and self absorbed. It's all about him and what he wants. He never takes advice and never thinks of other's welfare.
    Yes! They showed the cameras in the clock right after he said it. He's out now for sure. I can't wait to see who Rayna chooses.

I wonder how they will handle the Will matter. There are all kinds of possibilities. I can't see him staying on the show though. He isn't discrete enough to keep his personal life private and he's too miserable being gay. And once he's exposed, things are going to close up pretty quickly. He is the best singer on the show, IMO. I'll hate to lose that.

Jeff has done a terrible job with Edgehill Records. Since he came aboard they have lost Rayna and Juliette. Jeff fired a topnotch assistant. He let Layla go. They lost their shot with bringing Gunnar in. Now if Will is exposed as being gay, the people that Jeff answers to are going to go ballistic. Even though it's wrong, the country music industry will not support Will with that revelation. His record company will have to drop him. The only remaining artist is Luke, right? The label must be in terrible condition. Jeff has to be on his way out, unless he can redeem himself. Jeff has done a terrible job as the head of that company. I wonder why the board or someone has not come down on him. He is NOT a people person and apparently, not a numbers person either.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-19-2014 at 09:33 AM.
    Cornholio likes this.

+ Reply to Thread