+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree337Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I don't listen to country music for the most part. But i have a friend who loves "real" country music. Which gave me a chuckle in this last episode. He doesn't watch this show. Anyhow, we both share a dislike for Taylor. I finally told him last week that sometimes there's a part of me that feels kind of sorry for her because she really is oblivious to the fact that she is being used. She's being spoon fed all these ideas that her music is actually good but she apparently doesn't see that her handlers and who ever her people are are trying to keep her popular just with that teenage crowd because she lacks the ability to anything more mature. And that's sad. Anytime I've heard her on TV singing live I cringe. It just doesn't sound good to me at all. Without going through autotune her voice really grates one me.

Finally got to watch the first 2 episodes of this show and I love it! Looking forward to tonight's episode. I actually thought the acting and the flow was really good for early days of the show. Usually pilots are awkward and stilted and the characters don't relate well together, but this one I got into immediately. Excellent! The struggles of music artists behind the scenes are very interesting. I am not a fan of country music at all, but enjoyed the actual singing by Britton & Penetierre as well as the storylines.
    nanarama likes this.

Connie Britton was on GMA couple of weeks ago and said that all the actors are doing their own singing. Really like that about this show. Not overly fond of Penetierre. but she can sing!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Connie Britton was on GMA couple of weeks ago and said that all the actors are doing their own singing. Really like that about this show. Not overly fond of Penetierre. but she can sing!
    She's been singing for years....mostly on Disney movies.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Last night's episode was pretty good. Juliette is growing on me. I'm so glad she is resisting attempts by her mother to support her drug habit, however, her handlers aren't doing a good job to keep the mom away from Juliette. She needs better security.

I find myself pulling for the guy to pull away from Rayna and tour with Juliette. I think it would make for a much better concert. I'm betting that somehow, the THREE of them will end up on tour together after all. lol

I LOVED Rayna's kids' performance! They were really good. And I loved it that Rayna put aside her hatred for Juliette's song that they performed. The smile of pride on her face overcome any hatred she has for Juliette. I liked that.

Well, they have opened the door to Rayna's parternity now. The discovery that her mom had a lover, now lends us the idea that that jerk of a father, may NOT actually be her dad. Wonder if its a big time country star?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Well, they have opened the door to Rayna's parternity now. The discovery that her mom had a lover, now lends us the idea that that jerk of a father, may NOT actually be her dad. Wonder if its a big time country star?

oooh I didn't think of that!

I'm thoroughly enjoying this show. I am a country music fan - old and new (sans Taylor lol). But I think the storylines and acting are really great. I hope it sticks around.

I'm guessing the shoplifting was just a little bit of a cry for help - she knew those girls were there with a camera.

and Deacon is HOT. That is all. lol

FORT Fan

I don't know, I can't see Rayna having a different father, I think they've already gone that route with Rayna's own daughter. Then again, they do seem to think that every character needs to be in a love triangle.

I really, really wish they would have gotten a dialect coach in though. The faux southern accents are killing me. It did crack me up that Scarlett (who's played by an Aussie actor) said she was shaking like a leaf on a tree. Flashback to watching Steve Irwin on tv....not exactly a southern saying.

I'm fascinated to learn more about Teddy's shady deals in the past. That's going to be an interesting storyline.

Still loving the music in the show, and I'm really glad they let Rayna's girls have a singing bit because gosh they're talented!

And yes....the actor playing Deacon is very easy on the eyes. Throw in the great singing and I'm smitten

I finally figured out who Juliette reminds me of at times. There is something about her mannerisms that remind me of Susan Luci as Erica Cane. lol

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I wonder what Teddy and his ex did? Some sort of coverup??

I am really enjoying this show. Any news on ratings??

I'm loving this show. And I'm delighted to hear so many say how nice looking Chip Esten is ...altho I think he's going by Charles now.
    We used to watch Who's Line Is It? which my husband loved.....I watched with him but when Chip was on, I was really watching! Just my own secret crush. And he is hilarious at improvisation.

+ Reply to Thread