+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I don't know. Maybe they are having trouble renewing contracts. I would imagine it would difficult to proceed with this show if Connie or Hayden decided to not coninue with the show. I think both of them AND Deacon are intregal parts of the show. It would really suffer if any one of them left. AND it would also be very awkward if either of the sisters who play Connie's daugthers left. Replacing them would be so awkward. And how likely would it be to send them off to boarding school?

Country is music today is very different from country music of even 10 years ago. It's actually more pop, IMO. I love all kinds of music, from Patsy Cline, Hank Williams, Jr., Shania Twain, to Carrie Underwood, Randy Houser, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Correction to my post upthread. I meant that it was Scarlet who got upset at seeing Deacon with her old friends at the BlueBird. Side note: One of my best friends is in Nashville for the weekend. I told her to check out the BlueBird. She doesn't watch Nashville. I've never been there, but thought it might be fun. My friend loves music.)

I kind of hate that Lamar died too. I kind of felt that while he was a bad guy, he was a good at being a bad guy. Someone like him can carry that off in my mind, better than a younger person like the president of Edgehill Records. I wonder if there was some reason the actor wanted to leave. Perhaps health reasons or something. Of course, I couldn't believe they got rid of Peggy either. Odd decisions and odd they way they wrapped up that storyline so quick. It could have been much more involved. Too abrupt, IMO.

I loved Juliette in this episode. I think she is so beautiful. Something about her just appeals to me. She may be actually learning some life lessons. That looks so good.

I guess I like country music more than most of these boards. I enjoy it when they include a lot in an episode, especially, the trio from this week! IMO, they sound just as good as Little Big Town and MUCH better than The Band Perry.
    I'm with you Debb - I love country music as well and always have. I love this show not only because I think it's a great show, but I love hearing the music. I know most people aren't fans of country music so sometimes I hesitate to mention it. Like you I love all kinds - from the early stuff to the present.

I made a trip to Nashville about 7 or 8 years ago when my husband had a conference at the Opryland Hotel and of course I just had to go with him. I had always wanted to go to Nashville and stay at the Opryland Hotel. It was absolutely beautiful and the highlight of the trip was going to a show at the Grand Old Opry. It was quite the experience and heard some great music. We were there on the night that one of female country artists whose name escapes me at the minute was inducted into the Country Hall of Fame. You will have to let us know how your friend liked the "BlueBird".

Back to this show I think I mentioned before I hope that Deacon and Rayna get back together and it would be fine with me if Teddy and Deacon's girlfriend end up together. I liked Rayna's dad Lamar being on the show, but as you mentioned they don't have a problem killing of people. I thought he brought another layer to the show.

I didn't like it when Scarlett ended up getting together with the Producer who was once Rayna's boyfriend. Even though I like Gunnar's new girlfriend I liked him best with Scarlett.

I loved the trio as well and agree they do sound as good as Little Big Town and better than The Band Perry. I didn't like Juliette in the beginning, but I see a big improvement in her. She has gone through a lot and it has definitely matured her. I think her being with Avery is adorable and he is good for her.

I do watch this show every week, but don't get a chance to comment on every episode. I just hope it stays on.

I would love a trip to Nashville like you describe Jaceegirl! I bet the ceremony at the Grand Ole Opry was incredible! Let me know if you figure out who is was. What year was it? My cousin went years ago and to all these activities and even on a river boat where there were artists performing and you got to meet and greet with them! She had the time of her life and met a bunch of famous artists. Nashville sounds like a great place to vacation.

I would think this show brings in a lot of tourists wanting to see what we see on the show.

I didn't think Rayna cry scene was all that bad. Someone described it like she was in a horror movie! lol
    elleprn likes this.

I would love a trip to Nashville like you describe Jaceegirl! I bet the ceremony at the Grand Ole Opry was incredible! Let me know if you figure out who is was. What year was it? My cousin went years ago and to all these activities and even on a river boat where there were artists performing and you got to meet and greet with them! She had the time of her life and met a bunch of famous artists. Nashville sounds like a great place to vacation.

I would think this show brings in a lot of tourists wanting to see what we see on the show.

I didn't think Rayna cry scene was all that bad. Someone described it like she was in a horror movie! lol
    I wonder if she was having flashbacks from American Horror Story
    Debb70 likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I was saddened by Scarlet's story on the last show. It explains a lot about her demeanour and her need for approval/love.

Debb don't know if you still check this thread, but so sorry that I didn't ever get back to answer your question of who it was that I saw inducted into the Grand Old Opry. Sometimes I post things and have a hard time keeping up with replying back to the different places I post. Her name is Terri Clark and the only female Canadian country western singer to have that honor to this day. It was on June 12, 2004 - wow can't believe that much time has passed since I was there. You may have not heard of her, but in Canada she won 5 Canadian Country Music Association Awards and in 2011 won the CCMA for Female Artist of the Year. I just read that she is coming out with a new album this year and will be returning to the Grand Old Opry a few times to perform it. I hope it does well.

From what I've read she was expected to be the next superstar in the country world (when she was inducted) and people don't understand why she didn't become just that. It’s almost like the Karma Fairy threw her a curve ball. The mysteries and complexities of the music business certainly comes into play here, but the old saying “Life’s not fair,” may also apply. Here is a link to some of her songs if you are interested. Some of the really great ones are: “I Just Wanna Be Mad,” I Wanna Do It All,” Girls Lie Too and “Better Things to Do,” as well as “You’re Easy on the Eyes.” "Girls Lie Too" reached Number One only in the U.S., and "You're Easy on the Eyes" was a Number One in both countries.

Terri is known for always wearing her cowboy hat and she is a tall girl (just like me). When I did country western dancing for 16 years and we traveled all over to dance I loved wearing my cowboy hat as well and boots were my shoes of choice. I love boots and won't tell you how many pair I owned. A girl just needed her boots to dance and I found them extremely comfortable. If you ever get a chance to go to Nashville - go for it. Like your friend said she had a blast and so did I.

@DesertRose I couldn't agree more with you about poor Scarlett - her mom was a royal B%#*$ in every way possible.
    Debb70 likes this.

I still like the show a lot myself. Man, Scarlett's mom was really horrible. I understand Scarlett a lot better now. I kind of feel bad for Gunner. He got that royalty check (hello I need to write me some hit songs to sell LOL) but I think what really makes him happy is performing. Anyone know the importance of that house for sale? I didn't recognize it.

I was glad that Deacon did not drink after the latest Megan issue. I am glad he was able to put that away to help his daughter. I really can't stand Teddy. I also liked at the end how Rayna listened to Deacon and how he was blaming her for what happened, but then she turned it around on him at the end. I think he may finally have gotten it lol.

Three more weeks and then the next one is just the music. I enjoy the music from the show, but not enough to keep me interested to watch for an hour. I like the music sprinkled in with the storylines.
    Cornholio and Jaceegirl like this.

Wasn't the house for sale Deacons? It looked like it to me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Wasn't the house for sale Deacons? It looked like it to me.
    I thought so too.
    I missed all but the last 15 minutes, so I didn't get to see what the Scarlet & her mother situation was, just the way she fell apart at the concert when she saw her.

I'm not sure how I feel about the all song show in 3 weeks. While I do enjoy the music & performances, that's not why I watch this show. I watch for the story & characters. Kind of a Country Soap Opera. The songs are just a bonus.
    An entire episode of just the singing doesn't interest me.
    I'm not one at all to go out & buy CD's or songs from a TV show, with the TV stars singing them. If I want to listen to music, I want to listen to a pro musician, not a TV series star.

This is where Glee lost me. They got away from the stories & characters, and turned it into nothing more than a kids performance show.
    Even what little stories they had were nothing more than "can we go to regionals?" "can we win regionals?" "can we go to nationals?" "can we win nationals?" Pretty boring. That and the preachy public service of the week episodes.

I want Nashville to stick with the characters/storylines.
    Last edited by Miss Scarlet; 04-06-2014 at 06:56 PM.
    prhoshay likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Scarlett's mom beat on her, physically and emotionally abused her. They showed a flashback of Scarlett as a little girl hiding under the table to avoid her mother hitting on her. Flash forward to the present - Scarlett seeing her mom everywhere in the audience, then hiding under the piano. Pretty terrible stuff.

+ Reply to Thread