+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I totally get why Deacon was upset. Like he wants to fight against Teddy for yet another woman? Bleh. Anyway, he did call and whatever his apology was, was enough for Megan to quit the case to save her relationship with him. Me - I'd pick Deacon over Teddy any day of the week.

I don't think Will is cold at all. He's so confused. You can't be a gay cowboy in the country music industry - its the kiss of death. So what becomes more important? Your career or your love life? He's picking his career, which makes sense at his age. I doubt Gunnar would be hit with any backlash whatsoever. Why would he??

Lamar - still not sure what I believe.

Still loving Avery with Juliette! Best couple on the show. Avery is so good with her Scarlett - so she's taking these no doze type pills - they are certainly making her a happier person lol. I wonder when she will crash.
    Moontat, nanarama and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I can't remember any gay country singers....and if they were, they sure as heck never said so. So Will will be one of the firsts.
    I agree w/you about people who are country music fans are definitely not accepting of it as many other areas are. Heck, I remember when Charlie Pride started to get famous.....a black country singer was unheard of! He sure proved them wrong.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There are gay people in EVERY sector of society and EVERY corner of the earth....no matter how much people try to legislate against it. It's a natural human fact. Maybe there just weren't any gay country singers that revealed themselves to people but, I guarantee you, they were there, and always have been.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Oh yeah there are definitely gay country singers I am sure. Try finding one that has come out and had a successful career though. Kenny Chesney has been long thought to be gay, but if he is, I bet he'll never acknowledge that.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Shelly Wright, country singer, was doing great, then she announced she was a lesbian and she was hit hard by the country music industry. They blocked her out and she never recovered. She's talked about it openly. I'm not sure if the atmosphere is different now or not, but I think any country artists don't want to take the chance.

It's not that I don't see the uncomfortable position that Will is in, but he is jerk. He physically attacks people, betrays friendships, blows up and is generally not the kind of person you can trust. Recall when he was so out of control that the Edgehill head assigned that guy to follow him around and make sure he didn't get into trouble? And look what he's doing to Layla. I wonder if they are modeling his character after Kenny Chesney with coverup thing. I don't think Kenny Chesney is a jerk like Will is, though.

And I would pick Teddy over Deacon. Deacon is certainly a very attractive man, however, he's a rage-aholic. (It's not worth it.) There's a drinking game while watching this show. You take a drink everytime Deacon blows his cool. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I totally get why Deacon was upset. Like he wants to fight against Teddy for yet another woman? Bleh. Anyway, he did call and whatever his apology was, was enough for Megan to quit the case to save her relationship with him. Me - I'd pick Deacon over Teddy any day of the week.

I don't think Will is cold at all. He's so confused. You can't be a gay cowboy in the country music industry - its the kiss of death. So what becomes more important? Your career or your love life? He's picking his career, which makes sense at his age. I doubt Gunnar would be hit with any backlash whatsoever. Why would he??

Lamar - still not sure what I believe.

Still loving Avery with Juliette! Best couple on the show. Avery is so good with her Scarlett - so she's taking these no doze type pills - they are certainly making her a happier person lol. I wonder when she will crash.
    I agree with all you wrote, but especially Deacon. My only problem is I really want Rayna and Deacon back together again. Am I the only one? I loved how they worked together on that song and I could see sparks fly. I think they realized it too. When Deacon was with the vet she was very nice and so is the one he is with now. Just don't see the same chemistry. I'm not sure about Lamar and what to believe either. Another one I'm not sure I know what to think about is the guy Rayna is with now - can't think of his name. I just don't see the same sparks fly between the two of them. I also like Gunner the best with Scarlett. They remind me of the younger generation of Rayna and Deacon.
    nanarama, mesachick and elleprn like this.

Yeah, what you said! ^

The chemistry between Rayna and Deacon is off the charts. I still would like to see them together - and I never could stand Teddy. Aside from being boring, he seems slimy and devious.

I also liked Scarlet with Gunner best. She must still care for him. If she'd moved on, she wouldn't have minded writing with him. She seems to be playing nicely around him now, but I don't know how much of that is the speed she's taking.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Yeah, what you said! ^

The chemistry between Rayna and Deacon is off the charts. I still would like to see them together - and I never could stand Teddy. Aside from being boring, he seems slimy and devious.

I also liked Scarlet with Gunner best. She must still care for him. If she'd moved on, she wouldn't have minded writing with him. She seems to be playing nicely around him now, but I don't know how much of that is the speed she's taking.
    Thank you nanarama - at least I know someone else feels the same way I do. to your comment about her playing nicely around him now and that it may be because of the pills. Maybe he will notice that she is in trouble and try to help her. Then they realize they never stopped loving each other and find their way back to each other. Sounds good to me and could be lyrics for the next song they co-write together.

Just had to add I so agree about Teddy and love your perfect description of him. Yuck!!!

I think it's a good idea to really consider whether she wants to reconcile with a man who almost killed her because he was drunk out of his mind and raging like a lunatic. Yes, she should have pulled over, but still. She was trying to keep him from driving drunk and she was almost killed. Plus, have you ever lived with a rage-a-holic? Eventually, the hotness gets old when the man acts like a baby when things don't go his way.

Deacon is hands down the best looking on the show, IMO. VERY attractive and sexy, but he is too childish. Not worth it. Been there, done that....lol

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    When I was watching the Gunner/Scarlet singing/writing together situation, I thought Scarlet explained it well later, saying that there was still too much chemistry/emotions for her to feel comfortable w/him. I took that to mean that she still had a lot of feelings (love) for Gunner.
    He sure seemed to get over her so quickly and completely. That surprised me.

+ Reply to Thread