+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I disagree. He has her writing songs that stem from her experiences instead of some canned happy song. Both can be on her album anyway. He asked her... do you want to be a singer or an artist. She is choosing to be an artist. And remember, she said that she IS happy with what she is putting out now, after being with Liam. She said so to Deacon, who then commented about how he was glad that she was excited about her music again. As to the drug thing... sure Liam didn't gain any points for telling her she could take a pill if she wanted, but he wasn't pointing a gun at her head. She could have just as easily said no, I'd rather have a cup of coffee. She is an adult and will make her own choices.
    Critical and Moontat like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I guess we are supposed to see Liam as a sort of therapist. He pushes her to get her to reach deep inside the pain and put it on paper. She probably could have done that after a good night's sleep and without drugs though. I still think he's nasty. Rayna even introduced him as someone who slammed the door in her face when she first met him.

I actually liked the upbeat song she was doing when Liam pitched a fit and interrupted. Why can't she do both kinds of songs?

Liam has the reputation of being a huge talent in music production. Have we seen that yet with him? He worked with Rayna, but has that album actually received praise? The one song on it that Rayna and Liam wanted to release as a single wasn't that great. Recall that Rayna said she asked family members and friends to listen to that song and none of them thought it was a single. Translation, it's not that great nor memorable and no one is likely to buy the album based on that single. That's not a good sign, IMO. Maybe Liam isn't all that anymore. We'll see when Rayna's album does drop. I hope it's not a failure.

And what's all the talk about shelf space and selling CD's? Isn't music purchased on Itunes now?
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

But maybe ol' Scarlett is a member of my club and thinks coffee is gross!! Looks like her addictive side is about to take over. I don't understand it, but we do what we do. Never, never, never take an offered pill. At work, I always drank a Coke in the morning, for my boost, instead of fouling my breath with coffee.

They certainly picked the right actor to play Liam. He looks just smarmy enough. He, too, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Now it looks like poor Scarlett is going to end up in the nervous hospital!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

She asked for coffee first. Then Liam offered the pill since they had no coffee.

I am with ya prhoshay - not a coffee drinker at all!

I remember that, now that you say it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Why do artists even have to put out whole album these days anyway, unless it's a greatest hits. Back in the day we had to buy the whole thing even though only one or two were actually good (I know there are exceptions out there). Now with iTunes and other streaming I only buy the songs I like. So other than the single they think will be the hit it really shouldn't matter what Scarlett or Rayna or any of them put on their album because many people won't listen to the whole thing anyway, imo.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I am not so sure Teddy and Morgan get together anytime soon. I have a feeling that scene was pretty misleading.

I'm only going off the flash previews for the next episode, but it looks like she is going to be the aggressor. You know that women just love to take care of people (men) and console them, and that's what I thought it looked like she was going for. Men don't tend to resist that kind of treatment. She looks like she's worming her way in. JMO.

It doesn't hurt that she is pretty and smart.

While Teddy can be a real pain in the rear, he still seems to be over Rayna and able to make a new relationship work, like he did with Peggy. I just don't think Deacon will ever really give fully to any woman but Rayna, though he pretends. Then bam....he moves on and usually because of Rayna. That's why I was hoping more for Megan. Deacon is certainly not going to be content with her. Teddy could be.

I'd rather not see Teddy and Deacon vie for the same woman. Been there, done that.

So is Lamar going to make it? I'm still struggling with the idea that he put the hit on Teddy. It's just so simple. I expected more drama surrounding the identity of the killer.

I hope that Gunnar sees just how cold Will can be. If Will is ousted, he is likely to not do much to help Gunnar and I expect that Gunnar as Will's roommate would be hit with a big back lash as well. Country music is not very accepting of gay people in their industry. It's not right, but the few who have come out, were shot down. Will knows this would happen to him. I'm not sure that Gunnar realizes he may be effected as well.

I hope Megan enjoys the weekly blow ups by Deacon. He's so charming that guy......lol

+ Reply to Thread