+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Nashville

I'm not buying that love crap. As far as him seeming so happy when he was at the festival, I think he was doing his mayor-thing. It was important that the people see the happy little family. Don't buy it for a minute.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought it was totally normal reaction. As far as Teddy knows, Peggy just lost their baby. Plus, she's always loved him AND he's known her and, seemingly, been close to her for a long time. Then he sees her murdered right in front of him. Was he not supposed to be upset and break down? If you look at it from the character's perspective instead of from the perspective of the TV viewer, it's not hard to see why he was devastated....could be also that he was crying because he didn't love her the way that she loved him.
    nanarama likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm hoping that Teddy can find love again with Megan. She's career oriented and that is perhaps not what he wants, but I can see them together. Deacon will eventually dump Megan, either because he's on a rage breakdown or because he has gotten Rayna back. But, that will make Megan available. She's quite similar to the Vet that Deacon dumped after talking about how happy he was with her.

I really don't care about Teddy's love life AT ALL. If all we saw of him was him picking up or dropping off the girls, I'd be happy. He adds nothing to the show for me.
    Cornholio, elleprn and JavaJo like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Surprisingly, I agree with you about Clare's performance! She had that Celtic sound going. Lovely song! You should really catch her interview, too. Very interesting.
    I'll have to check her out... I don't love her character... Mostly the way she talks... It's like baby talk. It just bugs me... hearing her speaking and singing in her native accent will probably be much better... And I like Celtic...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't think he was ever in love with her; I thought he was in love with the sex.
    I got the feeling that the only love he felt was that he loved that he was getting even with Rayna.
    If I remember correctly, when Peggy told him she was pregnant, he made it very clear that he would support the baby, but nothing more. Then for some reason he changed his mind & decided to marry her, for the kid.
    prhoshay and elleprn like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Wow - Clare sounds nothing like Scarlett lol. Love her actual accent (Aussie). She sang beautifully
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I've heard that the actor who plays Gunnar has a similar accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I got the feeling that the only love he felt was that he loved that he was getting even with Rayna.
    If I remember correctly, when Peggy told him she was pregnant, he made it very clear that he would support the baby, but nothing more. Then for some reason he changed his mind & decided to marry her, for the kid.
    Plus, she came into his life as a "side piece", and being mayor, he couldn't have only a pregnant girlfriend after divorcing his wife of many years. Appearances must be kept up when you're in the public eye in the Bible Belt.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I knew there was a reason why I felt like I did and now that Miss Scarlett has refreshed my memory, that event is exactly where it was coming from! Mr. Mayor was trying to make a bad situation better!

+ Reply to Thread