+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I just read an article about tonight's show that claimed to have spoilers, but there was nothing that I would consider a spoiler there, so here's what there was:

The death is going to be a BIG character! Not just a peripheral character. It gave no indication who. The only hint was "I can't believe they went there." Darned if I have any idea who or what that means.
    Supposedly someone else will be left in jeopardy. Don't know who. Don't know if it's life jeopardy or career jeopardy.
    Lots of hook ups & life direction decisions. Don't know who.
    Supposedly the very end will be a huge don't-miss-it thing. Don't know how.

I didn't put this in spoiler tags because there's basically nothing there, except to say it's going to be a heck of a show.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Heck of a show, indeed! I'm still shocked. I wasn't crazy about the character who died from the beginning, but wow! I don' t want to say anymore till it has aired on the West coast.

Btw, I should've said "From the beginning I wasn't crazy about..." Poor grammar on my part!

Well I thought it was a pretty good episode overall. I didn't quite understand why Rayna and Teddy seemed to be partked in such a secluded dark parking area. I guess they had left the main festival and gone to the unofficial Deacon show, right? But where were the daugters? With Tandy? Is Peggy dead? I hope not. I have learned to like her.

Why would Will choose to kill himself by standing in front of a train? Couldn't he find some pills or a gun? I said he was nuts when he and Gunnar raced a train in their truck and barely made it. That made me really despise him and I haven't liked him since. I wonder if that was what he was doing last night. Was he just standing in front of the train playing chicken?

I'm afraid I don't understand why getting those original tapes of her music is so important to Rayna. It's just one bad record. Why not just let it go and make an new record? To use every single dime you have for vaniety, seems like a crazy risk to me. What about her children's college? What about her retirement? She is an aging country singer. I think she may be fooling herself to believe she is bound to sell music the way she did many years ago. The music industry is very different now than when she was selling records and CD's.
    Cornholio likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still fast forward through most of the music. It, generally, just gets in my way. The storyline is enough for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like most of the music, especially the ones with Deacon and Maddy. I love that song called Life That Is Good.

Yes, I know it's not a good idea to date a girlfriend's ex, but come on. I kinda wish that someone would havetold Scarlett that she was being overly sensitive. Yes, it's against the code, but she acted too hurt, IMO.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Why would Will choose to kill himself by standing in front of a train? Couldn't he find some pills or a gun?
    Pills or a gun are a hands-on way of killing yourself. You have to physically do it to yourself. Standing in front of a train is hands-off. The train does all the work for you. All you have to do is wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm afraid I don't understand why getting those original tapes of her music is so important to Rayna. It's just one bad record. Why not just let it go and make an new record? To use every single dime you have for vaniety, seems like a crazy risk to me. What about her children's college? What about her retirement? She is an aging country singer. I think she may be fooling herself to believe she is bound to sell music the way she did many years ago. The music industry is very different now than when she was selling records and CD's.
    I agree with the above. It's not like he was going to do something awful with the songs. He just wanted to release the album, although the cover was beyond tacky. It's not like the album would deliberately ruin her career.
    It's a power play & like you said, vanity.
    I think she's a fool to risk everything she's worked all these years to build, plus her & her children's futures. Her sister was right. Rayna should look at this from an accountant's point of view.

I also agree with Debb70 about Scarlett. It's one thing if the ex-boyfriend dumped her, but Scarlett was the dumper. She made it clear she didn't want him. Plus he hadn't done anything awful to cause the breakup. It was just her whim.
    I felt Scarlett was acting like a big baby & a control freak. Like she wanted Gunnar to be alone & sad & longing for her, to feed her own ego.
    I could see the feeling of a bit of shock & maybe uncomfortableness. But that's all she's entitled to.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Scarlett's problem is just that she feels left out. She didn't know the card game the others were playing and was already feeling left out before she learned of Gunnar and her friend's relationship. She doesn't fit in on the road and she doesn't fit in at home anymore either. I would have to question Scarlett on her relationship with Avery - do Gunnar and her girlfriend know about that? She has no claim on Gunnar since she dumped him and is with Avery now. She is really acting like a baby, IMO.

Could you believe Juliette went to profess her love to Avery and found Scarlett there? I felt so bad for her. She wanted to have an honest relationship with a true friend, a love relationship, and then had to try and play it off when Scarlett came out. Avery knew what was up... we'll see what further develops there.

I still kind of view Penny as a peripheral character, if she's the one that's dead. Will - I don't know, he wasn't really one of the main characters either, he's fairly newish. He loves to play chicken, but he looked like he really wanted to die on the tracks there. I think he really loves the guy. But maybe he'll jump away in time.

How about Luke Wheeler? Seems like he doesn't want anything to do with Rayna if she's not on the label. It almost seems like his role with her was to keep an eye on her and what's going on for the executive guy. He just kind of wrote her off with the "I'll see you when I see you" comment.

I guess Lamar ordered the hit on Teddy from prison, assuming that Teddy was the whistleblower?

Do you really think Rayna should bet everything on that album? I'm with Debb, I don't think so!
    Moontat likes this.

Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Pills or a gun are a hands-on way of killing yourself. You have to physically do it to yourself. Standing in front of a train is hands-off. The train does all the work for you. All you have to do is wait.
    Also, Will is feeling out of control and pills or a gun are in some ways very in control methods of killing yourself.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Rayna wants the original tapes of her music so that SHE can control what happens with them and how they are dealt with. I wouldn't trust somebody with whom I don't have a good relationship to look out for my best interest, either, especially with me starting my own label. I think it would be na´ve to leave them in the other guy's hands.

Sometimes, you've got to step out there, on faith (in yourself).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread