+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Patterns are difficult to change and I can't see Deacon changing. Who needs a person in their life who can't be depended upon...........over and over again? Deacon is not emotionally stable. If things upset him, we know what he does. Either he pitches a baby fit and runs away or goes on a drunken tirade. He may cry crockadile tears later, but in the moment, he doesn't care who he hurts. He keeps hurting the people he claims to love and then says he's sorry, but we know he isn't, because he keeps doing it.

I'm not sure what more Deacon has to do to make Rayna understand who he is. He has shown her. If she takes a chance again, it's at her own risk. Poor kid. I don't feel this need for Rayna to be with Deacon, because he is toxic. Oh well, had to get that out. lol Teddy was right in the very beginning when he said Deacon was not safe to be around the kids.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The ending of that episode had me wondering if Rayna was planning to poach the new female artist from the other guy, just like he had poached Will from her. Looks like Juliet is stuck being the "middle child" in the industry right now.....she was basically told that "new girl" was going to give the public what Juliet used to give them, but now feels she has outgrown. "New girl" is going to draw all of the attention that Juliet is used to getting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's so common in most all music genres. In today and gone tomorrow. I recall when some names were tops in the field, but they eventually fade away for newer talent. It's inevitable. I'm shocked that Rayna James is still doing so well, though she was only able to tour due to co-staring with Juliette. Recall she couldn't fill arenas without Juliette's name.

I heard that this year is the first in many that Brad Paisley (his wife plays Teddy's girlfriend) and Kenny Chesney were not nominated for Entertainer of the Year award with the CMA. In fact, they weren't nominated for anything.

2013 CMA Awards Nominations - Surprises and Snubs

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That's so common in most all music genres. In today and gone tomorrow. I recall when some names were tops in the field, but they eventually fade away for newer talent. It's inevitable. I'm shocked that Rayna James is still doing so well, though she was only able to tour due to co-staring with Juliette. Recall she couldn't fill arenas without Juliette's name.

I heard that this year is the first in many that Brad Paisley (his wife plays Teddy's girlfriend) and Kenny Chesney were not nominated for Entertainer of the Year award with the CMA. In fact, they weren't nominated for anything.

2013 CMA Awards Nominations - Surprises and Snubs
    Dolly Parton has surprising staying power and I think she is making or just released an album w/Kenny Rogers? Reba is another one.

I do hope Carrie hangs in there. She may have to start the reinventing thing too.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Oh yeah! Carrie being snubbed is ridiculous.

I have my issues with Deacon, but I have to hand one thing to him. He doesn't spin his wheels long before he's back in the sack with his flavor of the month! Now he's working on a relationship (wink, wink) with his former attorney. She seems smart enough. She's been super hurt when her fiance was murdered, so her heart is tender. I hope she knows to RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! Deacon will crush you. She does know that, right. I'm not sure why he doesn't follow one of the rules for AA and that it not to begin a new relationship for 12 months after starting sobriety, right? I've always heard that, but it doesn't surprise me that Deacon hops in and out of bed so easily.

What do you think about Rayna's sister turning on their dad? I think I would have done a little more research before I gave the goods on my dad. I still think he did NOT kill his wife.

I could be totally wrong but I'm pretty sure Daddy Rayna indicated in the first season that his wife wanted to die because of her condition or something...

Deacon is so boring in every aspect...it seems as if the show runners refuse to let go of the folks that don't really fit the show just to be nostalgic since we don't really need Deacon, Daddy Rayna or Sister Rayna anymore...we have more than enough with Scarlet, Juliette, 'new Juliette' (Laila), Avery, Gunnar, Scarlet's bestie, hunky closet guy, Rayna (plus kids), Teddy (plus psycho lady) and Rayna's producer/new lover. In fact, I think season 2 is way better than seaon 1 because we have focused on the drama with the music/fame and had tons of Juliette and co.

Speaking of Juliette, I said it last season and will say it again--she is by far the most interesting, complex, complicated and realistic character on the show and I just love her (even when she's BAD). Hayden P. has certainly done a great job with this role and I look forward to her screentime every episode

One more note re: the new head of Edgehill Records...the guy used to play Adam on Rules of Engagement and he is an amazing actor (I don't even think of him as loveable Adam when he is on screen and I've watched ROE hundreds of times).

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    Speaking of Juliette, I said it last season and will say it again--she is by far the most interesting, complex, complicated and realistic character on the show and I just love her (even when she's BAD). Hayden P. has certainly done a great job with this role and I look forward to her screentime every episode
    I agree. She's still the self centered nasty bimbo that's fun to watch, but now we're seeing a side to her we didn't see before. I really enjoy her scenes & watching her grow as a person & an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    One more note re: the new head of Edgehill Records...the guy used to play Adam on Rules of Engagement and he is an amazing actor (I don't even think of him as loveable Adam when he is on screen and I've watched ROE hundreds of times).
    He's Kate Hudson's brother & Goldie Hawn's son in real life.
    mindy384 likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Interesting! I'm not sure that I, for one, would still watch the show without Deacon. To each his own, but I really enjoy watching him. He's my main eye-candy on the show. My husband watches the show with me and Deacon is one of his favorite characters as well.

I despise Will (Hunky Closet Guy) and would vastly prefer the show without him. He actually isn't "hunky" in my eyes. There's something about his mouth that bugs me. I think Gunnar and Avery are much sexier.

I also am intrigued by the whole did he or didn't he story of Rayna's dad. And I'm enjoying Rayna's sister far more this season than last.

Teddy with Kimberly Paisley (though I'm a huge fan of her's) is a storyline I could do without. It's just filler to me.

I am enjoying the facets of Julianne's character. Loved that she was the one to pick up Maddie and that she called Rayna and now understands Rayna's family situation better - though it looks like next week the issue of Rayna's voice could come to a head. Can't wait!
    Moontat and Dragonlady like this.

I don't know where to start. Deacon is not boring. They are also trying to integrate Rayna's daughters into the show more and "grow" their stories and Maddie's father is part of it.

I want to see Avery and Gunnar become better friends. I can do without the closet cowboy Will. I just hope he doesn't steal Gunnar's song.

They try to draw similarities/paralells between the relationships between the central characters.

Example:

Rayna and Deacon were an item ... Deacon messed up and Teddy stepped in..
    Avery and Scarlet were an item ... Avery messed up ... and Gunnar stepped in.

I know it's not exactly the same but some situations are noticeably similar or highlighted by their differences!

We also have the sisters thing Rayna and Tandy and Rayna's 2 daughters ... and their relationships with their mothers.
    Wasn't there also another man in Rayna's mother's life?

Juliette is looking into what motherhood is all about.

It is all tied together.

I think they will eliminate Will ... maybe in a scary car ride ... or some other thing with him trying to prove/display his masculinity.

Remember when he took Gunnar for that ride?
    Moontat likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread