+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree337Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I don't mind Gunnar or Avery for that matter. Gunnar is going through a huge loss and he's reacting by rebelling a bit. Avery, well crap, he's just so darn cute! He got caught up in being almost famous, realized his mistakes and is now being a really good guy. Big deal. Nothing surprising about either of their actions to me. It's part of growing up. Scarlett is adorable and I am glad she keeps standing up to her men. I could see her with either Gunnar or Avery.

Love Juliette! The way Hayden has been portraying her over the past few episodes has been amazing. She had me in tears a few times during the finale.

Deacon, boy he sure is one messed up guy. I was so wishing he wouldn't drink, but he did, and now I guess he's just going to keep on drinking. Maybe the car crash (I am going to assume they will both live) will knock some sense in to him.

Anyway, I really do enjoy this show and am pleased as punch that it got renewed for another season!
    2boysmom likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Cute counts for bupkis.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Anyway, I really do enjoy this show and am pleased as punch that it got renewed for another season!
    I'm just glad this show is full of good looking young people & that there's lots of sex going on. This way they won't cancel it because of "demographics".
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

By the way ... I was surprised that Juliette won the CMA award.

If you recall ... we heard Carrie Underwood's voice introducing Rayna.
    So ... I thought neither Rayna or Juliette would win. I thought Carrie would win .... and maybe Rayna and Juliette would win for that duet song.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Cute counts for bupkis.
    It does on FICTIONAL shows lol. Not in real life, but again, it doesn't really matter, as he is cute (the actor lol), and the character is trying to redeem himself, and doing a pretty good job of it so far.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Forgive me....I don't see cute there.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

I hope Scarlett treads slowly where Gunnar is concerned. She could really use Deacon's guidance with both Gunnar and all this new career stuff happening to her. She'll suffer, I fear, because Deacon is out of it and not available to help her.

I may have had issues with how Avery treated Scarlet, but I did not fault him for taking an opportunity without his friends. I don't see that as being disloyal. Opportunities come in many forms and to refuse to accept a record deal because your friends can't join in is just too ridiculous. When you first starting out, you don't have the luxury of making those kinds of decisions. That's my take on it. If one of my friends had a great opportunity and I wasn't invited, I would encourage them to go forward. Once at the top, maybe then they could help me.

Recently, something hit me about many of the characters on this show. They have spent a lot of time on what I guess they call character development. It has involved lots of conflict, arguing, and storming out. We have seen so much of it with Gunnar, Deacon, Juliette, Teddy, etc. I've had enough of it. I wish they would start putting more meat on those scenes and stop the same reactions over and over. If the writers would put their creative thinking caps on, I bet they could come up with some new ideas. I hope they do that for next season.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I may have had issues with how Avery treated Scarlet, but I did not fault him for taking an opportunity without his friends. I don't see that as being disloyal. Opportunities come in many forms and to refuse to accept a record deal because your friends can't join in is just too ridiculous. When you first starting out, you don't have the luxury of making those kinds of decisions. That's my take on it. If one of my friends had a great opportunity and I wasn't invited, I would encourage them to go forward. Once at the top, maybe then they could help me. ...
    Sleeping with the female manager was part of the deal for Avery. He knew it and he did it anyway. So that is one reason I do not find Avery to be a good pick for long term. He left Scarlett once and broke her heart. How can she ever trust him ... especially in this business environment? Sending her a whisk was cute but doesn't cut it.

As for Gunnar ... he loves Scarlett and was pining for her since episode 1 His brother laid a huge guilt trip on him and then when he lost him ... he blamed himself. He may have missed Scarlett's Opri premier ... but it wasn't because he was shacking with some woman. Gunnar loves Scarlett and I believe he is in need of some grief counseling. ETA: The gay cowboy is sort of a bad boy fill in for Gunnar's brother.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I see Gunnar differently. I never liked him and I still think he's a big baby. He's a bigger baby than Deacon! With all he did, he walks in with flowers and says, well what else am I suppose to do???? Are you kidding me? Any thinking person, would have known, you say you're sorry and say, I understand that you may still be angry with me, but take time and please let me know when I can call call you again. And then....wait and show your new self, show her respect and give it time. Jumping into her door with flowers, then following her to the place she was going, then proposing. IT's just stalkerish and pushy to me. I see Gunnar as a total loser. There's something wrong with that guy that getting married is not likely to fix.
    Maybe Scarlet can do much better than Avery or Gunnar.

+ Reply to Thread