+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's Panettierre - you were pretty close! She also played Sarah on OLTL MANY years ago.

Series that aren't procedurals like CSI or medical dramas like Grey's Anatomy have a hard time getting big ratings. I think it's because people feel like, if they miss an episode or two, they won't know what's going on. Plus, those other shows are "easy" to get into because of that pre-set formula.

I still have hope that the critical acclaim will buy this show another season. I think it's only gotten better as this season has progressed.
    I am surprised ya'll didn't mention Hayden's being from Heroes. I loved her in that show (she was the main character - Save the Cheerleader!), and loved the show for the first few seasons.

I really am enjoying Nashville, and I didn't think I would so I kept practically the whole season racked up until a week or so ago. I hope it gets renewed!

ETA: It did get renewed for a second season! Woot!
    Last edited by mesachick; 05-22-2013 at 05:51 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Way to end the season! My husband kept saying, "why don't they just pull over to talk?" It was nice seeing Juliette being real and Rayna being nice to her.

Oh boy. What a finale. I didn't see any explosion though. I wonder where that spoiler came from.

Deacon is still the biggest baby. I know I keep complaining about it, but he really is. I know addiction is a disease, but he seems to be totally incapable of handling issues in life. Wouldn't an adult think about the child's welfare and state of mind instead of freaking out like a lunatic? So selfish. This guy has really gone down hill and lost any attraction I had for him. I bet in the accident he has broken his hand and can't play the guitar anymore or Rayna had a drink in the Blue Bird and blood tests confirm it so it gets out she was drinking and driving. Run Rayna, this guy is toxic.

Rayna' dad will bail Teddy out of trouble again and Teddy will have to give him that stadium deal he wants. Teddy should learn not mess with this guy.

No surprise that Peggy is pregnant.

I thought Juliette did a great job. Her grief will probably be mostly over by the time next season opens.

I was disappointed they had Gunnar and Scarlet making up. No good. That guy should have to build trust up. Beware.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Did you notice how, when the "handsome guy" was walking toward the "gay guy" in the Bluebird and got that look of recognition, that "gay" guy (whose name I, obviously, can't remember) got the look and signaled "No!" to the handsome guy not to approach/acknowledge him???

"Gay guy" definitely IS gay, and not putting on any act. He's trying to sleep with women and be seen with women...as many as possible...to further his career. Apparently, gay is frowned upon in the country community....at least on this show, and in his mind. He's said he'll do whatever it takes. Is this a tie-in with Gunnar's marriage proposal to Scarlett; I am sure it is!

I also think that Gunnar is befuddled/concerned about his reaction to the kiss from "gay guy".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it's good for them to include the story of how a gay country singer can't make it in Nashville. There are rumors of actual country singers who are in the closet. I can see why. The one country singer who did come out, Chely Wright, was shut down by the industry. I think she has a book about it. Few people stood by her.

It has been rumored that a certain singer intials K.C. is. I recall the deer in the headlights look he got in an interview with Robin Roberts, when she asked about his love life. I think I heard recently that he has a girlfriend and may be shopping for rings. Recall his first marriage lasted about 3 weeks.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

OMG what a finale. I'm not happy about Gunnar and Scarlet, but did she say yes??

The screaming in the car scene was done great because you couldn't hear them but you could feel their anger.

As the sister of an alcoholic, I cringed watching Deacon in the bar. I was screaming "don't drink it!!!". I watched my sister screw up her sobriety twice (third time is the charm though - 12 years sober this year!). I think they did it really well. I was disappointed though that he took the pain pill with booze - I was hoping he realized that he needed to go to a meeting. I felt SO bad for Maddie.

I'm not surprised they made Peggy pregnant either.

I totally saw him shoo the guy away in the bar when he was hanging on the girl. Debb is right - seems to be a lot of covering up in Nashville. I've always suspected Kenny Chesney was gay. I could care less - I love love his music and could care less who he spends his life with. That said, not as open in Nashville. Chely Wright is an amazing artist. I hated to see her shunned, but glad she's truly happy.

Anyway, tangent. I wonder who is hurt - maybe Deacon won't be able to play guitar. I hope they don't make Rayna drunk (not sure if she drank before she got in the car).

Juliette and Avery have a nice relationship. I was heartbroken for Juliette. I didn't like her spoiled brat attitude in the beginning. She's come full circle for me. I would like to see her have some happiness.

I understand they need conflict and drama for ratings, but I wish they would give us at least one happy couple that is stable and able to rely on each other. The show needs that, IMO, even if it's for one season. The only stable couple seems to be Deacon's sponsor and his wife, but they don't have much air time.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I just went back and rewatched the end. Scarlet didn't say yes. I hope she doesn't.
    Debb70 likes this.

Gunnar treated Scartlet like crap. He practically ruined her debut on the Opry and then just waltzes in with flowers....what nerve. It's like she said to him...it's not enough. If she accepts it, he will think he can treat her any old way and it's okay. He needs time to prove himself. He could be another Deacon in the making. I hope Scarlet sees that.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Gunnar treated Scartlet like crap. He practically ruined her debut on the Opry and then just waltzes in with flowers....what nerve. It's like she said to him...it's not enough. If she accepts it, he will think he can treat her any old way and it's okay. He needs time to prove himself. He could be another Deacon in the making. I hope Scarlet sees that.
    I don't see Gunnar's behavior quite as awful as a lot of you do. Sure he changed for the worse & was being a bit of a jerk, but he just lost his brother, and tragically at that. I think he's blaming himself for what he didn't do to help while he could.
    His brother chose his own path, but it's human nature for the ones left behind to blame themselves & keep beating themselves up with "what if I had done.............. I could have prevented this." Guilt & self blame are awful things to live with.

To us they're just TV characters, & the fictional death of a fictional sibling is something you move on from quickly & go back to business as usual. But the show is actually treating this very realistically. In real life a tragic sudden death of someone close to you can screw you up for years, if not more.

I loved the finale. So many open ended situations to start with in the Fall.
    I also love the way that Juliette is growing, unfortunately through tragedies. She seems to be seeing that the only similarity in the tragedies is that ultimately she created her own mess.

As to the Gay In Nashville storyline, with all the progress that's been made in acceptance in all areas of life, there's still a lot of prejudice against gays everywhere. The only difference now is that it isn't always admitted & spoken about. It's handled in ways that can't be definitely proven.
    That's got to be tough to deal with, especially in the entertainment industry where it can destroy your livelyhood.
    taracran and mindy384 like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread