+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

All of you have pretty much nailed how I felt about last night's show & the show in general.
    For a show that I was ready to stop watching, it really took off the second half of the season. I'm glad I stuck with it, although a few of them I was only watching half heartedly (while doing other stuff).

I hated spoiled, narcicistic, nasty Juliette at the beginning. But she's become the most interesting & complex character.
    Everything she does seems to blow up in her face, but she's doing it all to herself. It's all the result of her own "I want it all & I want it NOW" attitude & actions.
    She does seem to be starting to realize this & starting to grow as a person.
    She's become my favorite character.

I still just can't warm to Avery. I've hated him since day 1, but they're starting to soften him just a bit. Maybe the character just needs to grow up. I was hoping he'd be the one killed off.

I'll miss Jolene. She somehow kept Juliette down to earth, grudgingly. Juliette was softening to her a bit & just beginning to establish a civil Mother/Daughter relationship.

I think Deacon/Rayna will be the roller coaster relationship all through the run of this series. Not even close to finding happiness yet.
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I still just can't warm to Avery. I've hated him since day 1, but they're starting to soften him just a bit. Maybe the character just needs to grow up. I was hoping he'd be the one killed off.
    I watched Jonathan Jackson grow up on GH, so maybe I root for Avery because of that. I'm glad he's still around. That leaves room for some growing up and redemption.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fanatic

So was last night the season finale? We had storm in our area so I didn't get to watch, I will try to catch it onDemand this weekend. I was thinking it was the season finale, but maybe next week is?

Next week is the season finale
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    So was last night the season finale? We had storm in our area so I didn't get to watch, I will try to catch it onDemand this weekend. I was thinking it was the season finale, but maybe next week is?
    I was thinking it was too but they showed a preview for next week so I guess it's not.

I'll always give Jonathan Jackson (Avery) a break since I loved him as Lucky and watched him grow and blossom both as a young man and as one of my favorite actors.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fanatic

thanks!! will Definately watch on demand this weekend then to catch up.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I can't say I'm upset about Jolene and Dante going out. Do you think Jolene got those drugs in order to get the courage to shoot Dante or was she wanting to do them anyway? Did she accidently overdose or did she take the drugs she's allergic to on purpose?
    I think she got the drugs to OD. She probably feels responsible for causing all this trouble. Juliette makes her feel responsible for everything wrong in her life. So Jolene decided to make everything right.

Why did Avery send her that kitchen utensil backstage? Is that what she used to use for a microphone?
    In one of the early episodes Avery had her practicing singing into a wisk and pretending it was a microphone. The recap at the beginning of the episode had a quick flash of that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenn View Post
    In one of the early episodes Avery had her practicing singing into a wisk and pretending it was a microphone. The recap at the beginning of the episode had a quick flash of that scene.
    At first I thought it was an insult, as in: "you belong in the kitchen cooking, instead of on stage", but her reaction to it proved me wrong. She smiled like it was a sweet memory. Then she saw Avery in the audience & smiled.
    I don't remember the singing into the wisk scene, but I think you nailed it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's not that he took the songs, it's that he's representing them as HIS songs and getting a record deal on their merits. A label would sign him thinking he was capable of writing songs that good when he likely isn't. In that way, it's very dishonest and misleading. What happens when he runs out of songs in his brother's notebook and then has to come up with his own material and maybe it isn't up to the level of the previous material? That could cost people money. I don't have a problem with him using the songs, but it does bother me that he's lying about who wrote them to get a record deal.
    He and Scarlett were writing songs together to begin with right ? .... So he probably figures he can do it. He also has himself on a major guilt trip where his brother is concerned. He did before his bro died.

That's just it. We all sit here drooling over Deacon and disgusted by Teddy but if we had watched all of the non-recovery years of Deacon and Teddy stepping up to become a real daddy to the little girls who's biological daddy was too drunk to walk, we might have a different opinion. I can imagine what it would be like to be married to someone who really loves someone else.
    From the previews it looks like we'll get to see an intoxicated and volatile Deacon.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Maybe the finale will reveal more, but from what Rayna has said, I don't think Deacon kept drinking after his last stay in rehab, because Rayna has said, that she might have waited before hooking up with Teddy, but how was she supposed to know that that was the time it would stick. So, maybe all those years, Deacon wasn't drunk. OH yeah, Rayna told the judge Deacon had been sober for 13 years. However, based on his previous conduct, I can see how Rayna might have been scared to raise a kid with him. Teddy looked more stable. I get that. I just don't think it's right to lie about a child's parentage, if at all possible.

I'm not that upset with Teddy. Yes, he had an affair, but I agree with him. Rayna did have an emotional affair for quite awhile, from what we saw. I just don't see it as all his fault.

Plus, Teddy is right about being distrustful of Rayna spilling the beans, (which is now a mute point), but at the time he was scared, because he knows how Rayna is. Recall how silly and coy she was acting at the Label party? Deacon asked her what was up and she could have just said anything, but no. She has to act all mysterious, which got Deacon asking what she was hiding. Well, that's the kind of stupid games that Teddy was trying to avoid. Teddy knows Rayna and how she will act that way and arouse Deacon's curiousity. This makes a perfect environment for Deacon to put the pressue and Rayna to cave in. So, no, I don't think Teddy was being overly cautious. Rayna loves to play games and eventually, Rayna would have told Deacon. Teddy knew it.

I think the truth about the child's bio dad should come out, but I can see how threatened and afraid that Teddy is. He could lose her forever. That's a terrifying thought.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread