+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

ITA that we don't know what Deacon was like before he got sober. I can imagine though, because he's such a baby now! He must have horrible.

I do recall Rayna and Deacon talking about how he regretted she left him when he went into rehab and she asked how as she supposed to know that that was the time it was going to stick. So, that leads me to believe that the last time he went was when she walked away from him and married Teddy. So, that would mean that he didn't have much drunk time after Rayna got pregnant. It was too late to go back to Deacon though, because she was married to Teddy by then.

Interesting episode. They said one would not make it out alive yet it looks like 2 died. Maybe they didnt consider Dante a main character so thats why the wording was they way it was. I also read somewhere that they were going to keep the Maddie/Deacon parentage a secret for a while longer but it looks like it will come to a head next week. Unless we are all wrong and Maddie is really not Deacons daughter, that would really be a shock. I love this show, my favorite character is Deacon and I hope they do not turn him into an ass****. He seems to be the only one with his head on straight.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 05-16-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Based on what Maddie was telling somone on the phone last night, the DNA report she found in her mom's closet said Teddy was not her dad. She was so upset. Poor kid. That's how it is. Information like that is bound to get out. Why people think they should withhold it is beyond me. I know a real person who found out their dad was not their bio dad as a teen and it was horrible. It's taken years and the healing still isn't complete.

I can't say I'm upset about Jolene and Dante going out. Do you think Jolene got those drugs in order to get the courage to shoot Dante or was she wanting to do them anyway? Did she accidently overdose or did she take the drugs she's allergic to on purpose?

I did feel for Juliette when she was talking about how eveyone who loved her lied to her. She really showed some deep emotion there. I bought it completely. Great chemistry with Avery too! I wish they could make it work, but Avery is still in love with Scarlet. More heartache for Juliette if they go for it.

POOR Scarlet. The time of her life and her selfish so-called boyfriend has to ruin it by being a jerk. He's a loser Scarlet. Run for your life. I wish Gunnar would take off for LA and never come back. I like Will much better than Gunnar at this point, except for his driving, LOL. Scarlet deserves better. Why did Avery send her that kitchen utensil backstage? Is that what she used to use for a microphone?

I would like to be on team Deacon as much as anyone, but he never seems to be able to handle his temper or make rational decisions. He blows up, storms off and then regrets what he did. Let's see what crazy things he can do next week. I hope he survives and doesn't hurt anybody.

I was wondering if they were going to kill off Teddy. It's not over yet.

I know this sounds silly but there is one thing that I learned from soaps to apply to real life that has worked out well. That is to tell your child the truth about their parentage. I told mine from an early age and it was never a big deal. He still considered his adoptive dad his real dad since that was the only dad he ever knew.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

My former SIL didn't find out the man she thought was her father was NOT her father until she was in her 40's. It REALLY messed her up. I don't think she ever trusted her mother again. The man she thought was her father wasn't the man who raised her - who she thought was her father for many years. Yeah, her mother got around. Not a good woman.

Keeping secrets like that NEVER goes well. I like Rayna, but that's one thing I just DO NOT like about her. No matter what she promised Teddy, it's not fair to Deacon to not tell him he's a father.

I'm sort of not buying this nearly instant transformation by Gunnar. One week he's just fine, the next week he's anguished over his brother and then the next week he's getting arrested and dressing like a dirtbag. What's that about? While I don't like that he's pretending his brother's songs are his, I don't think it's a major crime the way Scarlett does.

Scarlett looked so great on stage at the Opry. So confident. While I don't know that I want her to get back with Avery, I like that he's not such a bad guy any more. I love Jonathan Jackson, so I want Avery to have some redemption, so he can stick around. This really is kind of the perfect role for him.

Can Teddy just get hit by a truck? I can't believe he compared his affair with Peggy to Rayna having feelings for Deacon. Creep.

I actually felt sorry for Juliette this week. I'm glad Dante is gone, but sad that Jolene had to go too. Now Juliette doesn't have anyone, aside from her personal assistant.
    nanarama and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Granted, Gunnar is a pretty big jerk, but Scarlet needs to get over herself about the his brother's songs. She keeps saying, You just took his songs. Well, yeah, what else would you do with them? Gunnar isn't rolling in money for legal fees. He's the only surviving relative to a man who had no assets. Oh well. I guess the writers will create this horrible situation from this when it shouldn't be.

Rayna shouldn't be too surprised Maddie found the DNA report. It could have been discovered by a nosey housekeeper or burglar. It might have been better to keep it in a safe.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate the looks they're always giving Scarlett....with the country boots, no matter what she is wearing. I can't stand the "Appalacia/Dust Bowl" vibe they are giving her. SHE LOOKS HORRIBLE! She looks like she should be chasing a Christmas train.
    elleprn likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Maybe this is a set up to have her make a total transformation. Maybe her label with redo her hair, makeup, clothes, etc. and next season, we won't recognize her. Naaay...I bet Rayna wouldn't want to change her. She does need some help with that hair though. It looks like some thing from a taxidermy project.

I loved it when Scarlett had her hair up in the episode previous to this last one. She looked so elegant! I was happy for her character singing at the opry- she's so humble about it and grateful. Gunner did a complete about face and became a jerk almost overnight. maybe avery's character is realizing what he lost and will redeem himself.
    If Rayna wanted to keep the paternity test a secret from everyone; she should have kept it in a safe. Given that Teddy was running for and won mayorship; the information should have been kept better than in a box in your closet. Teddy has become an uber jerk too.
    I had thought Jolene would try to take Dante out, her or Juliet. Although, I kind of wanted to see Juliet be humilated about the sex tape. I'm sad that Jolene dies and Juliet never gets to treat her better.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Granted, Gunnar is a pretty big jerk, but Scarlet needs to get over herself about the his brother's songs. She keeps saying, You just took his songs. Well, yeah, what else would you do with them? Gunnar isn't rolling in money for legal fees. He's the only surviving relative to a man who had no assets. Oh well. I guess the writers will create this horrible situation from this when it shouldn't be.

Rayna shouldn't be too surprised Maddie found the DNA report. It could have been discovered by a nosey housekeeper or burglar. It might have been better to keep it in a safe.
    It's not that he took the songs, it's that he's representing them as HIS songs and getting a record deal on their merits. A label would sign him thinking he was capable of writing songs that good when he likely isn't. In that way, it's very dishonest and misleading. What happens when he runs out of songs in his brother's notebook and then has to come up with his own material and maybe it isn't up to the level of the previous material? That could cost people money. I don't have a problem with him using the songs, but it does bother me that he's lying about who wrote them to get a record deal.
    ilja likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread