+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Click to see Spoiler:
    Maybe Juliette shoots Dante and Jolene ends up taking the wrap for it- to spare Juliette.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    P.S. What the heck kind of name is Gunnar? ???
    Wiki says:Gunnar is a male first name of Nordic origin (Gunnarr in Old Norse[1]) The name Gunnar means fighter, soldier, and attacker, but mostly is referred to by the Viking saying which means Brave and Bold warrior
    But you sure don't hear that name very often.

One of Rick Nelson's twin sons is named Gunnar. It's a pretty common Scandinavian name.

Based on the previews, I'd say it's likely that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jolene dies. You can hear Juliette crying out "No!" or something in the preview. I wouldn't miss her, although if it means that Juliette becomes even more of a victim/train-wreck, maybe I want her mother to live!

I thought those scenes with Deacon and Rayna were pretty hot. She doesn't have to swallow his head to express her passion for him.
    elleprn likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Do you think he is gay or did he make that advance to get Gunnar's guard down so he can move in on Scarlet? There has been something suspicious about him since the minute he showed up and I think it is much bigger than just being gay.
    I thought the same thing, but I'm not sure whether his interest in her is romantic, or more than likely (IMO) he can see that Scarlett has connections that could benefit his own career, so hanging out with her is advantageous for that reason. She's Deacon's niece, and we already saw that going to that party with Scarlett gave him the opportunity to offer his demo tape to Rayna. Scarlett seemed pretty taken aback by that. I think she'll see that she's being used.
    Baby's Breath likes this.

You know what cracked me up? The way Jolene responded when Juliette asked for her credit cards. She said something like, "So, you gonna cut me off?" Actually Juliette wasn't going to cut her off, but needed them to track down the scam known as Dante. When Jolene said it, it reminded me of Jenelle and Keifer from Teen Mom! lol You have to watch Teen Mom to know what I mean.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Great news!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I totally missed the part about Maddy being Deacon's daughter until this past episode. When did the revelation first come out? I think I need to hulu the entire season this summer to make sure I caught everything.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fan

It's been kind of implied, I guess, although it was outright confirmed that she's not Teddy's. There was a point where Lamar told Rayna he'd tell Teddy about Maddy, and she said Teddy already knew. Then Teddy confronted Lamar and said that Maddy was his daughter, even if she didn't have his DNA. Everyone's assuming she's Deacon's partially because of the fact that he and Rayna had such a long relationship and partially because she married Teddy so quickly while Deacon was in rehab the last time. There was also talk of her 'settling' for Teddy and marrying him because he was the smart choice to marry instead of following her heart. So there's the assumption that she married him because she was pregnant and knew he could provide for her and her child, instead of rolling the dice on Deacon and hoping the rehab stuck that time.
    nanarama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    It's been kind of implied, I guess, although it was outright confirmed that she's not Teddy's. There was a point where Lamar told Rayna he'd tell Teddy about Maddy, and she said Teddy already knew. Then Teddy confronted Lamar and said that Maddy was his daughter, even if she didn't have his DNA. Everyone's assuming she's Deacon's partially because of the fact that he and Rayna had such a long relationship and partially because she married Teddy so quickly while Deacon was in rehab the last time. There was also talk of her 'settling' for Teddy and marrying him because he was the smart choice to marry instead of following her heart. So there's the assumption that she married him because she was pregnant and knew he could provide for her and her child, instead of rolling the dice on Deacon and hoping the rehab stuck that time.
    That's just it. We all sit here drooling over Deacon and disgusted by Teddy but if we had watched all of the non-recovery years of Deacon and Teddy stepping up to become a real daddy to the little girls who's biological daddy was too drunk to walk, we might have a different opinion. I can imagine what it would be like to be married to someone who really loves someone else.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread