+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: Nashville

FORT Fogey

Re: Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    She was the realtor who had just sold Juliette the new house.

Juliette's mother saw them kissing and told Juliette. Juliette then called the woman in to ask her about it and believed the woman that there was nothing there other than friendship. Dante, needing to discredit and get rid of Juliette's mother, planted drugs on her. His plot worked till Juliette looked closely at the drugs and realized that it was something her mother was very allergic to and would've killed her, therefore, she knew it had been planted.

Her assistant told her she could probably get her money back and get out of the house deal since there was fraud involved, but Juliette said she wanted to use it as a reminder of what she'd allowed to happen.

Maybe more detail than you wanted but I'm still just a little obsessed by this epi!
    No, not at all! I appreciate the details ... I missed at least half of the episode.

Deb, I don't look at Deacon as a baby at all. (Maybe I'm too busy drooling when I watch him!) He was with Rayna touring for many years. After he and Rayna parted, he left the rock band's tour for good reason. In addition to other things, one of the guys locked Scarlett(?) in a room and was going to rape her. That sounds like a pretty good reason not to want to continue with them to me.

And when he quit Juliette, she was getting increasingly difficult to deal with with his treatment from Dante being the final straw. Deacon, as the band leader, has the right and obligation to speak up for he guys in the band. He has served many times as Juliette's conscience and was trying to bring her back down to earth and point out that she was treating the band rudely.

I think it's obvious too, that Deacon will only be happy playing with Rayna. (Double entendre?)

Wasn't Deacon also touring with Juliette before this dual tour with Rayna? And he was getting ready to leave the rock band's tour, even before that guy attacked Scarlett. Recall how he didn't like this and that and wasn't happy with the noise? Maybe they just want to show him being unhappy without Rayna. I just see him as cry baby AND he's not going to be happy with Rayna either. He's just one of those people, IMO. lol

Well, he did stay with Rayna for many years. I guess it's a matter of how we see things. (Isn't everything?) I think he is a very principled person who expects the same from others. His harsh words to Rayna were what caused her to reassess her attitude about singng with Juliette and to go on to write a great song with her.

So I guess I don't personaly see him as a cry baby so much as I see him as being a very principled man who believes people should behave professionally (unlike Juliette allowing Dante to fire Avery who'd been sent to find Juliette and walked in on them making love-after knocking and getting no answer.)

Deacon is well known and highly thought of in their circles - not to mention HOT and if I were younger and single, I'd be seriously drooling - okay, I'll admit I'm drooling even now!

Yeah, I thought he was hot too, in the beginning. I really hoped he would be the heartrobe of this show, but he turned out to be too whiny for my taste. I'll keep my mind open though. The writers could turn him around.

Oh man, I can see both sides of the Deacon argument. Yes, he's a man of principles but is he a man of independent means? That is what I always think about on these shows because I consider my own work life and all the bull I've had to put up with over the years just to make sure I had bread on the table.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Oh man, I can see both sides of the Deacon argument. Yes, he's a man of principles but is he a man of independent means? That is what I always think about on these shows because I consider my own work life and all the bull I've had to put up with over the years just to make sure I had bread on the table.
    I think Deacon's had a successful enough career for long enough that he does have the luxury of walking away from a job.
    nanarama likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Not to mention, royaties for the songs he's written and co-written. He seems to live pretty frugally and songwriters make good money without performing a lick.

(But Ilja, I do know what you mean. I'm currently self-employed but I remember other times and even now, I still think it would be nice sometimes to be able to say, "Take this job and shove it!")
    ilja likes this.

I heard this info. I can't be certain though.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Brad Paisley is supposed to perform in the finale AND two characters from the show are killed. Supposedly in an explosion. They are going forward even though they aren't sure if there will be another season. The finale was written as if there would be a season 2.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I heard this info. I can't be certain though.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Brad Paisley is supposed to perform in the finale AND two characters from the show are killed. Supposedly in an explosion. They are going forward even though they aren't sure if there will be another season. The finale was written as if there would be a season 2.

I have a friend who lives in Nashville, and she lives near where they were filming the finale. She was po'd that the streets were all blocked off, and did tell me that they were filming
    Click to see Spoiler:
    an explosion

+ Reply to Thread