+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Hayden Panettierri (sp?) also played Amanda Knox in the made for TV movie.
    It's Panettierre - you were pretty close! She also played Sarah on OLTL MANY years ago.

Series that aren't procedurals like CSI or medical dramas like Grey's Anatomy have a hard time getting big ratings. I think it's because people feel like, if they miss an episode or two, they won't know what's going on. Plus, those other shows are "easy" to get into because of that pre-set formula.

I still have hope that the critical acclaim will buy this show another season. I think it's only gotten better as this season has progressed.
    prhoshay and ilja like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I am so mad at myself that I didn't record this episode. It's rare that so much happens in one night of an episodic show.

Let's see, Gunnar has a great performance with his brother's song and has a producer wanting to talk to him and then the new neighbor turns out to be gay and lays one on him-much to his shock.
    Juliette buys a house, loses her band leader, almost puts her mother back in rehab, has a ton of money stolen from her and finds out Dante (the thief) is a scumbag who has left her for another woman.
    Rayna's father comes home from the hospital and it looks as though they are on their way to a reconciliation while Tandy has a fight with him and starts a plot to push him out.
    Teddy finds out it was Peggy who leaked to the tabloids and breaks up with her AND cancels all the city contracts with Rayna's dad's company. (Can a mayor do that? I would think it would need to be brought before the city council.)
    And Rayna stops fighing her pull towards Deacon and they FINALLY end up together.

Yeah, other than that, it was a pretty boring night! (I LOVE this show!)
    Cornholio, elleprn, ilja and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Am I the only one who isn't sure who that woman was with Dante on the plane at the end? She looked like the woman who was managing Avery for the record deal he wound up not getting.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

She was the realtor who had just sold Juliette the new house.

Juliette's mother saw them kissing and told Juliette. Juliette then called the woman in to ask her about it and believed the woman that there was nothing there other than friendship. Dante, needing to discredit and get rid of Juliette's mother, planted drugs on her. His plot worked till Juliette looked closely at the drugs and realized that it was something her mother was very allergic to and would've killed her, therefore, she knew it had been planted.

Her assistant told her she could probably get her money back and get out of the house deal since there was fraud involved, but Juliette said she wanted to use it as a reminder of what she'd allowed to happen.

Maybe more detail than you wanted but I'm still just a little obsessed by this epi!
    ilja likes this.

I've been on the fence about this show. But the last few shows really reeled me in. I'm hooked & want it renewed.
    I think my problem was that I didn't care about the characters. Now I do. I like most of them & even the ones I don't like, I find interesting.

Took me a while, but I'm in for the long haul.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

I'm glad Rayna and Deacon finally scratched that itch. That must have been sooooo nice. But they can't be together. Something will have to happen to break them apart. I think their longing and angst is key to the show's success.

I can't warm up to Liam. What do we know about him? He just seems like a frivolous sideline interest for Rayna, as well as guitar player, and she doesn't do frivolous well.
    nanarama and ilja like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I'm glad Rayna and Deacon finally scratched that itch. That must have been sooooo nice. But they can't be together. Something will have to happen to break them apart. I think their longing and angst is key to the show's success.

I can't warm up to Liam. What do we know about him? He just seems like a frivolous sideline interest for Rayna, as well as guitar player, and she doesn't do frivolous well.
    I feel the same way about Liam. He bugs me. Something is just off about him. Maybe it's just the frivolous thing.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I love this show...please say it won't be cancelled!
    yay! Deacon and Raynna are together....at least for tonight. Waited all season for these two to get together.
    Cornholio likes this.

I'm wanting it to stay on long enough for Jonathan Jackson's character to redeem himself. I loved him as Lucky and suspect he's on the path to likability.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I knew something was going to happen. I even said out loud, "Hey, that guy is sitting way too close to Gunnar. See how much room is left on that couch",....and before I could finish, he went for the kiss. It seemed like Gunnar was quite comfortable with the guy sitting that close. I wonder what he will tell Scarlett. Will he be honest or just bristle whenever he sees the guy again.

I love Juliette, but she must learn to listen to advice. I was disappointed at her proclaimation to never trust anyone again. No, Juliette, the lesson to learn is to be more open to those who care for you who are wiser than you are. That's your problem. She always listens to herself or the wrong people. Still, her mom is really messed up. She doesn't know boundaries. That part is true.

How can Deacon be so popular as a guitarist when he never finishes a tour. Have you noticed that? He seems to quit every tour he goes on. He's such a baby. He'll throw another fit soon. I predict he'll discover the possiblity he is the bio dad to Rayna's older daughter and he will blow it. He'll be furious she kept it from him, especially, since he did get sober.
    Cornholio likes this.

+ Reply to Thread