+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Did anyone else think Deacon would get Juliette to give Avery a try as her opening act at the concert? I thought sure that's what would happen. Avery made a lot of mistakes with Scarlett, but I like Jonathan Jackson so much that I still sort of root for him.
    I absolutely thought that would happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, I think I may have posted upthread that I suspect that Avery may replace Deacon on the tour. And I suspect Avery will be Juliette's next love interest.

I do wish Deacon would not play this vet girlfriend. He's acting like he wants a relationship with her, but he's not ready. He's going to hurt that girl. I hate it when guys do that. It's happene to me before. Can you tell? lol
    I don't think he is really "playing" her because I think he does like her ... BUT .... she told him to name his dog and then slept with him? . She also was aware of Deacon's history ... especially with Rayna. So ... what gives her the impression that he's hers forever? She's a big girl so she knows how things work.

I do like that dog Sue and hope he doesn't get hurt by all this.
    Moontat likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

If a guy acted like Deacon acts, I would think he wanted a relationship with me. He gave her the key to his house. He shows up and leads her to believe he came home to see her on his free day. I'm not sure how he could be much clearer that he is into her. But, the vet is toast. lol
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fogey

I really wish I liked this show more than I do. I want to like it! There are just too many stories going on. I saw no need for the Gunnar and his brother story, and Teddy and all the political intrigue stuff can go. I realize he needed to be there as Rayna's husband, but if they're getting a divorce, I really see no need for him, his girlfriend, and anything having to do with the mayor's office. Don't see why Avery is still there except if he's going to get involved with Juliette, and that won't even be particularly interesting unless it somehow will have something to do with Rayna and Deacon. The vet is just a temporary diversion. Can't imagine she'll be around much longer. I like Scarlet and her story, but I wish she weren't so darn naive about everything and everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If a guy acted like Deacon acts, I would think he wanted a relationship with me
    How can she even be sure she wants a relationship with him? It's just an opportunity and not a love affair yet.

He gave her the key to his house.
    Someone had to take care of the dog.

He shows up and leads her to believe he came home to see her on his free day.
    Nope. She said "you missed me" and thus put words in his mouth ... the ones she wanted to hear.

I'm not sure how he could be much clearer that he is into her.
    Maybe writing a song for her and then proposing?

But, the vet is toast. lol
    I'm fine with that as long as the dog named Sue is fine.

Last edited by Critical; 04-12-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: removed colored text tags - against the site rules.
    Moontat and ilja like this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I really wish I liked this show more than I do. I want to like it! There are just too many stories going on. I saw no need for the Gunnar and his brother story, and Teddy and all the political intrigue stuff can go. I realize he needed to be there as Rayna's husband, but if they're getting a divorce, I really see no need for him, his girlfriend, and anything having to do with the mayor's office. Don't see why Avery is still there except if he's going to get involved with Juliette, and that won't even be particularly interesting unless it somehow will have something to do with Rayna and Deacon. The vet is just a temporary diversion. Can't imagine she'll be around much longer. I like Scarlet and her story, but I wish she weren't so darn naive about everything and everyone!
    Two things ... he is the mayor of Nashville so that may be why the mayor's story is there.

As for the Mayor's girlfriend ... I'm not sure but maybe Brad Paisley is involved in production or something?

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Two things ... he is the mayor of Nashville so that may be why the mayor's story is there.

As for the Mayor's girlfriend ... I'm not sure but maybe Brad Paisley is involved in production or something?
    \

Maybe, but I think his story is there because he's married to Rayna. There have been other TV shows with the names of cities in them, and no story line featuring the mayor. Dallas, for example.
    Critical likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    \

Maybe, but I think his story is there because he's married to Rayna. There have been other TV shows with the names of cities in them, and no story line featuring the mayor. Dallas, for example.
    Oh. I didn't mean only because the series is titled "Nashville". I meant besides Rayna, and the music scene there, drawing the city into it mor at a later time?. I don't know ... it was just a thought..

Mohandas Gandhi

I'm fine with the existing characters. I don't understand why they keep bringing new ones in so often. We now have Juliette's new manager, Deacon's girlfriend, and the new guy friend to Gunnar and Scartlet.

I do not like this new guy who sang with Scarlet last week. Maybe, I'm too sensitive, but if I discovered that someone played chicken by driving in front of a moving train with my boyfriend in the vehicle, just to look death in the face, I would write them off as a lunatic and never have any further contact with them. Life is too short to hang around people who are that careless, IMO. If that kind of thing impressed Gunnar, then he's an idiot too. Not only did they endanger their own lives, but other peoples as well.
    Moontat, Dragonlady and Alexxxx like this.

About the city of Nashville and the show ... I read that the show got a huge State grant to film there.

And Debb, I agree there are too many new characters being introduced. There must be some reason. I really dislike the Dante character. Juliette is an idiot if she can't see that he is just a slime ball. I wonder if now, as her manager, he is going to fire both Avery and Deacon?

I don't like the new cowboy/neighbor who is insinuating himself into Scarlet and Gunnar's life. HE IS GOING TO BE bigTROUBLE.

Deacon's girlfriend is okay with me because she'll take good care of the dog named Sue no matter what!
    Moontat likes this.

Mohandas Gandhi

Oh yeah. If a guy tries to impress you by playing chicken with a moving train, RUN like hell away from this person. It seemed that Gunnar kind of liked it after he realized he was not hurt. DUMB move. No matter what, I will never trust that guy again. If the show makes him a good guy, shame on them. There is an online video from a car loaded with teens who tried to beat a train and they ran right into it. Sickening and heartbreaking. I don't think that is a subject to joke about her play in jest like they did.

+ Reply to Thread