+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

FORT Fan

Re: Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    I believe it's a guitar
    OMG!! Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What surprised me was Teddy's girlfriend. WHO knew? I didn't see that one coming. She was behind the tabloid scandal over Rayna and her affairs. Hmmm......when Teddy finds out, oh my.

OH, is Rayna's dad going to be okay? Obviously, he suffered a heart attack OR was he murdered? He took a sip of that drink and seized up.
    I wasn't really surprised. I knew she had to be the one to leak the info to the tabloids because she had the most to gain, personally, from Teddy and Rayna splitting up. Plus, she's kind of an idiot, so she wouldn't be able to predict the ramifications. I'm sure it never occurred to her that someone could track that info back and figure out who leaked it to the tabloids.

Frankly, that entire part of the show can go away. I don't care about Teddy or Rayna's father or that real estate nonsense. I don't watch the show for that stuff. If the show is renewed, I hope they cut their losses with that part of the show and focus on the musicians.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I realize that Rayna may think she is doing right by keeping her older daughter's partenity a secret, but if she strongely suspects that Deacon is the dad, she needs to confirm it and tell Deacon and her daugther. Living a lie is going to hurt her daughter eventually. Look at the Judds. I have a family member who found out her adopted dad was not her bio dad when she was 18 and it crushed her. She has so much mistrust and issues with her family now. It could have been avoided if they had been honest about it.
    ilja likes this.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Frankly, that entire part of the show can go away. I don't care about Teddy or Rayna's father or that real estate nonsense. I don't watch the show for that stuff. If the show is renewed, I hope they cut their losses with that part of the show and focus on the musicians.
    I agree. I was hoping the divorce meant that Teddy and all the politics would just be forgotten. It feels like they are cramming two totally different shows together. It wouldn't be bad if Teddy was just involved in politics, but it has to all be about power brokers, backstabbing, affairs, etc. Ugh. If I wanted that kind of show, I would watch Dallas.
    Dragonlady likes this.

Is there any thought that this might be patterned after specific country stars?

I read a recent article regarding a Carrie Underwood interview where she mentioned that she wasn't "close" to Taylor Swift... but rather kind of knew her "in passing" from events and things.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I doubt it's based on Taylor and Carrie. IMO, it feels more like Rayna is at least loosely based on Faith Hill. Maybe Juliette is an amalgam of girls like Taylor and Carrie

Just when it looked like Juliette had a brain in her head, she gets taken in by that scumbag Dante. Even if she isn't smart enough to see him for who he is, WHY on earth would she hire him as her manager? He was NO experience. He's going to alienate everyone and Juliette's career will tank.

The stuff with Rayna and Deacon in the hospital was MUCH too short. I wanted more!
    Moontat, nanarama, elleprn and 1 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Yeah, Juliette is really showing how crazy she is. She seems to have such a short memory. She never learns from experience. How old is her character? I guess her mom gave her no real background for thinking things through and learning from your mistakes. STill, Juliette made her own way in the world and did it by being tough and street smart. I'm not sure what happened to those skills.

It may be a good thing for Juliette to lose it all and go back to being just another pretty face in Nashville. All that she's gained so far has not made her happy. I'm just glad her mom's gone. She annoys me greatly.
    Dragonlady likes this.

I thought when Deacon returned home, rang the doorbell to his house, and hugged his new "girlfriend", it was so telling. The angst was written all over his face. He's trying so hard to move on from Rayna, but it's not working. I for one am glad!
    Moontat and Dragonlady like this.

Did anyone else think Deacon would get Juliette to give Avery a try as her opening act at the concert? I thought sure that's what would happen. Avery made a lot of mistakes with Scarlett, but I like Jonathan Jackson so much that I still sort of root for him.
    justCoz, Moontat and ilja like this.

Yeah, I think I may have posted upthread that I suspect that Avery may replace Deacon on the tour. And I suspect Avery will be Juliette's next love interest.

I do wish Deacon would not play this vet girlfriend. He's acting like he wants a relationship with her, but he's not ready. He's going to hurt that girl. I hate it when guys do that. It's happene to me before. Can you tell? lol
    ilja and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread