+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree314Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    As far as the love making is concerned, I actually thought it went pretty well. I thought the acting was good and, I know from personal experience, that that is a very common reaction to a death. Sounds strange, but it is very real and felt so to me.
    I'm glad a few of you commented on this. It struck me as very tacky & pathetic, because I've never had that kind of reaction to traumatic deaths. I just sort of shut down & become a walking zombie for a while. I suppose everyone reacts differently.
    We all do what we feel will get us through that time & if leaping into bed with someone who was just a friend previously is what a person chooses, who am I to judge? I've done a lot of impulsive, sometimes stupid things in my time & will probably do more.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I wouldn't know about "jumping in bed with someone who was just a friend," but actually, studies have shown that making love after the death of someone close to you is a common reaction. I always thought it was strange until it happened to me after my father's death. (Sorry if that's tmi.) As someone up-thread mentioned, it's life affirming and comforting.

As far as Gunner and Scarlet just being friends, I thought there was sexual tension building with them for some time.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I get it, and I agree. We all handle grief in different ways; just because we may not understand it or we think it may be different from what we would do doesn't mean it's wrong. No judgment, here.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    As far as Gunner and Scarlet just being friends, I thought there was sexual tension building with them for some time.
    I think it's far more likely to happen when you have two attractive, young, single male and female, who get along/like each other a lot....more of an instinctual thing.
    When we get older, we think too much about all the ramifications following our impulsive behavior....probably why we have less fun then when we were young and dumb.
    So, I "get" it....and I probably just wish I was young and dumb again.....well, not really but....................

The love making following learning of a death might be quite common. I don't know, but I do know that it's VERY common on tv and movies. That's why I wondered why they couldn't have been a little more original. I like to be a little surprised, instead of being able to predict what is going to happen next. However, I will say that I like this show a lot. It keeps me interested and is still one of my top favorites this season!

I loved that song Juliette was singing in her living room, the one Gunnar and Scarlet performed together AND EVEN the one RAyna did at the Blue Bird. Usually, Rayna's aren't as good, IMO.

If I were Rayna, I would have asked Vince Gill to accompany me on stage. The other guys were okay, but come on......VINCE GILL and you leave him just standing there?????lol
    Last edited by Debb70; 03-03-2013 at 02:48 PM.

OK....if you were the writer, how do you think you might have written the part of the show where Scarlet and Gunnar "got busy". Inquiring minds want to know!

I thought the lovemaking part was a pretty natural flow. Like nanarama said, the tension was already there. Honestly, I don't think people will hook up with people that they don't already feel a little something for.....but I could be wrong!
    Dragonlady likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    OK....if you were the writer, how do you think you might have written the part of the show where Scarlet and Gunnar "got busy". Inquiring minds want to know!

I thought the lovemaking part was a pretty natural flow. Like nanarama said, the tension was already there. Honestly, I don't think people will hook up with people that they don't already feel a little something for.....but I could be wrong!
    I think the reaction was right ... but as I said ... the acting didn't seem all that good.

Gunnar has been sweet on Scarlet since episode one
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The love making following learning of a death might be quite common. I don't know, but I do know that it's VERY common on tv and movies. That's why I wondered why they couldn't have been a little more original. I like to be a little surprised, instead of being able to predict what is going to happen next. However, I will say that I like this show a lot. It keeps me interested and is still one of my top favorites this season!

I loved that song Juliette was singing in her living room, the one Gunnar and Scarlet performed together AND EVEN the one RAyna did at the Blue Bird. Usually, Rayna's aren't as good, IMO.

If I were Rayna, I would have asked Vince Gill to accompany me on stage. The other guys were okay, but come on......VINCE GILL and you leave him just standing there?????lol
    Vince was there?!? Man oh man, I must have been sleeping to have missed him.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post

OH my! I'll have to give it some thought as to what the reaction should have been of Gunnar and Scarlet. Let me see what I can come up with.

Can someone tell me if they ever indicated where Deacon spent the night after his party? Recall that Juliette's assistant was sitting on his front portch with a puppy, but he was just coming home. Who did he spend the night with? Rayna?

That was no puppy....that was a HORSE!

To my recollection, where Deacon was coming home from was not addressed in that episode. I finally watched it!!!

To be continued, no doubt......

+ Reply to Thread