+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    She is mature. Remember she was in the Father Of The Bride movies plus the Tv show All About Jim.
    I saw a preview on my dvr which involves Scarlett which has me completely confused. I don't know how to spoiler tag so I can't post it on here.
    This is a possible spoiler from PA Snow Bunny.

Click to see Spoiler:
    She saw something that leads her to believe that Scarlet falls for Gunnar's brother!!!!!!!

Poor thing. Such poor judgment. I can predict where that will lead.

If you all missed the last episode then you missed the best one yet! Holy Cow that was awesome!!
    nanarama and Alexxxx like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Yeah, that was a good episode. I actually thought that Gunnar and Scarlet had their best acting yet. The love making scene after the death of his brother was a tad cliche though. It's really been overdone, but other than that I liked it a lot.

Poor Rayna, she's such the victim in her divorce. All her husband's fault and she's so innocent. I don't see it that way. I side with Teddy on this, though his hook-up was wrong too.

I really hope the writers handle the substance abuse of Juliette's mom realistically. Juliette cannot control her mom's sobriety. I hope they make that crystal clear, instead of painting it as if she has to keep her mom sober. This is a misconception by many family members of addicts. Perhaps a sober living facility would be best for her mom.
    mindy384 likes this.

I apologize. My source was way way off....sigh!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

You never know with things like this. ON the plus side, we don't have to be scared he's going to get Gunnar or Scarlet shot or arrested anymore. lol I guess the point of him coming on the show was to pull Gunnar and Scarlet together, but now we have to watch Gunnar sink into depression and guilt over the death. Oh boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, that was a good episode. I actually thought that Gunnar and Scarlet had their best acting yet. The love making scene after the death of his brother was a tad cliche though.s really been overdone, but other than that I liked it a lot.
    It'
    Poor Rayna, she's such the victim in her divorce. All her husband's fault and she's so innocent. I don't see it that way. I side with Teddy on this, though his hook-up was wrong too.

I really hope the writers handle the substance abuse of Juliette's mom realistically.
    Juliette cannot control her mom's sobriety. I hope they make that crystal clear, instead of painting it as if she has to keep her mom sober. This is a misconception by many family members of addicts. Perhaps a sober living facility would be best for her mom.

As for the love making after a death ... it is considered life affirming. I think the idea was good but I didn't think the acting was good at all in that scene.

As for Teddy and Rayna ... a don't take any side in this and think they are both wrong. I haven't figured out if Teddy has been sleeping with Peggy all along ... but Rayna it seems, has been only questioning her choices, but still had not actually been overtly "cheating". If I was forced to take a side, I would land on Rayna's because I love Deacon and dislike Teddy

It seems the substance abuse situation is being handled fairly well so far, and as far as Juliette now stepping in (guilt) is also realistic. Also realistic is that when caring people step in and try to "fix" things, they more frequently end up being a just witnesses. Tough situation.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

That was a good show last night. I never thought I'd see the day that I felt that Juliette was anything less than a bratty obnoxious brat & bimbo with no redeeming characteristics. But she's growing on me. I'm enjoying the way she seems to be growing in character. Slowly, but she is.
    She's become an interesting & complex character.

For a while this show was losing me, but it's getting more interesting.
    taracran likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fan

Wow, Gunnar's brother dead. Didn't see that one coming.

Guess I feel both Teddy and Rayna played their part in the marriage going ...altho Teddy really took it over the edge by sleeping with Peggy.
    I think the marriage was all but over anyway but they stayed due to the girls and just hoping unrealistically that it would improve. Don't think either of them did anything to improve it though.
    Very good episode except I agree with the other posters....the love making with Scarlett and Gunner just didn't feel right but guess this is basically a soap opera and that's how that would have played out.

As far as the love making is concerned, I actually thought it went pretty well. I thought the acting was good and, I know from personal experience, that that is a very common reaction to a death. Sounds strange, but it is very real and felt so to me.

+ Reply to Thread