+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree267Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I really want to like this show but there are just way too many characters for me to follow. I don't see Rayna ending up with Deacon; I see her with Ian. Looks like they are going back to recording her album together.
    I still find Hayden P. annoying but can get past this. The problem I am finding with this show is too many characters, too many plot lines that start & stop too quickly. This is fine with a soap opera but but an a weekly drama show. There is simply not enough time to develop this many characters/plots in a 26 episode timeframe. Not sure if I am going to continue to watch.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Good point about there being too many characters and plots. There are a lot. AND they are adding more by bringing in Gunnar's brother. NOOOO. He is not necessary. Hopefully, he'll get picked up by law enforcement soon.

I do still like it though and will keep watching. I know it can be difficult to watch when there is an actor that you don't care for. At first I didn't like the actress who played Juliette, but now I do. It's the character of Scarlet that I don't care for. I like the actress okay, but the character she plays really annoys me. The same goes for Gunnar. I do like their singing though, so I tolerate it. lol

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks for the summary on Rayna and Teddy's fidelity record. lol It's tough to tell with these guys. Still, when I look back from the beginning, it always seemed like it was Rayna with the roving eye, undevoted spirit and passion for her ex-lover. Teddy seemed like he really wanted the marriage to work. I guess it's a matter of perception. PLUS, recall the sermon that Rayna gave Teddy when she told him she would leave the girls with him while she went on tour. IMO, she was clear that this would be their separation period. So, maybe neither of them should blame the other. Plus, even though she didn't sleep with the ex-friend/song writer, what she did do was still cheating in my mind. Not as bad as sleeping with them, but still not good.

I would like to see more songs by Rayna's daughers. They are really good IMO.

Did anyone catch that Juliette's assistant is being played by Brad Paisley's wife?
    Isn't Teddy's girlfriend played by Brad Paisley's wife?
    Last edited by Critical; 02-19-2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags

Good point about there being too many characters and plots. There are a lot. AND they are adding more by bringing in Gunnar's brother. NOOOO. He is not necessary. Hopefully, he'll get picked up by law enforcement soon.

I do still like it though and will keep watching. I know it can be difficult to watch when there is an actor that you don't care for. At first I didn't like the actress who played Juliette, but now I do. It's the character of Scarlet that I don't care for. I like the actress okay, but the character she plays really annoys me. The same goes for Gunnar. I do like their singing though, so I tolerate it. lol
    Scarlet started out to be the naive girl and she is evolving because of the Avery situation. I am trying to think of a descriptive term for Gunnar and all I can think of is good guy with baggage. Neither of their characters are "driven" yet ... as are Rayna, Juliet and Avery.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post

Isn't Teddy's girlfriend played by Brad Paisley's wife?
    That is correct. Teddy's girlfriend (Peggy?) is Kimberly Williams Paisley, Brad's wife.

I don't mind most of the storylines, but they do have too many. I don't care for Scarlett's character although I want to like her. I also could not care less about Avery's storyline. They've made him completely unlikeable IMO. It's a wierd feeling since I generally like Jonathon Jackson since he played Lucky on General Hospital. The same goes for Gunner's brother. I liked that actor (don't know his name) in Jane by Design but not so much here. It kind of points to bad writing doesn't it when they've made two actors I usually like unlikeable?

I like this show and will probably keep watching it for now since it doesn't interfere with anything else, but I also don't think I'd really miss it if it were cancelled.

I am loving this show and I like all the story lines but I do agree that Avery can fade away and I wouldnt miss him one bit. I was like most of you and I didnt like Scarlett all that much but I am beginning to enjoy her and Gunner.
    I read a lot of books where there are many characters and their storylines intertwine with each other and I think that is one of the things that makes me look forward to Wednesday night because I want to see how everything plays out. I would be sad if they cancelled this show after only one season.
    ilja likes this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

OH, Teddy's girlfriend. I thought it was Juliette's assistant. I had no idea Brad's wife was that mature. I envisioned her as a younger girl. I am so surprised. Thanks for the correction.

Debb, you made me curious, so I looked it up. I've been a fan of Kimberly Williams-Paisley since time she starred in Father of the Bride in 1991. She is actually 41 and Brad is 40. They've been married for quite some time. (2003 from one source and 2007 from another.)

Another funny thing I found out as I was looking this up is that Brad Paisley was the executive producer for a little show called "Nashville" produced for the CMT. It was never picked up. I wonder if this is an itteration of the same show? I do not see any producer credit for him on this version. Hmmmmm...

OH, Teddy's girlfriend. I thought it was Juliette's assistant. I had no idea Brad's wife was that mature. I envisioned her as a younger girl. I am so surprised. Thanks for the correction.

She is mature. Remember she was in the Father Of The Bride movies plus the Tv show All About Jim.
    I saw a preview on my dvr which involves Scarlett which has me completely confused. I don't know how to spoiler tag so I can't post it on here.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    She is mature. Remember she was in the Father Of The Bride movies plus the Tv show All About Jim.
    I saw a preview on my dvr which involves Scarlett which has me completely confused. I don't know how to spoiler tag so I can't post it on here.
    I had forgotten about her on All About Jim! I liked that show.

+ Reply to Thread