+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Nashville

Re: Nashville

I stopped watching for a bit, but I'm back watching again. I think the show has been a little unfocused. They need to do a little culling of the herd, so-to-speak. I think they could get rid of Teddy and his mistress and it would be no big loss. As much as I like Jonathan Jackson, I wouldn't mind seeing Avery go either.

I know they thought Rayna and Juliette would be the main stars, but Gunnar and Scarlett should be the other two stars. The actors have terrific chemistry.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I guess I"m in the minority, but I have detest Scarlet and Gunnar. And Gunnar's brother. Oh my. I haven't watched the entire episode from last week. I'll post more after I do.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I stopped watching for a bit, but I'm back watching again. I think the show has been a little unfocused. They need to do a little culling of the herd, so-to-speak. I think they could get rid of Teddy and his mistress and it would be no big loss. As much as I like Jonathan Jackson, I wouldn't mind seeing Avery go either.

I know they thought Rayna and Juliette would be the main stars, but Gunnar and Scarlett should be the other two stars. The actors have terrific chemistry.
    Gunnar and Scarlett are the second leads and perfectly cast. I keep wondering why Rayna would choose Teddy over Deacon so as far as I'm concerned ,Teddy can go ... and the Avery character seems superfluous to me. So ... I agree.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Gunnar and Scarlett are the second leads and perfectly cast. I keep wondering why Rayna would choose Teddy over Deacon so as far as I'm concerned ,Teddy can go ... and the Avery character seems superfluous to me. So ... I agree.
    Didn't Deacon have the substance abuse issues back when he and Rayna were together? Maybe she chose Teddy because he seemed stable and wasn't a musician.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I finally got caught up on the last 3-4 episodes, and I was not disappointed. This show is just plain good!

And, yes, Deacon did have the substance abuse problem when Rayna chose Teddy; I think Rayna was pregnant when she married Teddy.. If I'm getting this right, Rayna's eldest daughter is actuallyl Deacon's, but I'm not sure Deacon knows, but Teddy does.
    Cornholio likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I actually had a little respect for Scarlet when she told Gunnar that his brother couldn't stay in their house. Too bad she gave in. Not smart. He'll bring them trouble. You can see that one coming from a mile away.

Rayna's lost it I think. That guy she escaped her life with for the evening didn't seem genuine. Why? I guess she didn't want it said that she separated because of Deacon.

I don't think it's fair that Rayna's daughter thinks Teddy is a cheat, but not her mom. So unfair. It's sad the kid knows any of their dirty secrets, but still.

Debb, I don't think Rayna went through with cheating on Teddy. He, however, cheated on her even though he claimed he wanted her back and didn't have romantic feelings for Peggy.

Rayna was tempted during a time when she was devastated by Teddy's request for a divorce, when Deacon had just kissed her and she was less than thrilled and struggling during the tour with Julliete. I don't think either is perfect, but in this case, I think Teddy is by far the guiltier party.

And, boy, I know way too much about these fictional people! I need to get a life!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

I agree about culling the herd.
    Avery serves no purpose whatsoever anymore & has no likeable characteristics. He needs to go.
    As for Teddy, he serves a purpose. He grounds Rayna. Plus I kind of like him (or did 'till he got a mistress). However, if he & Rayna divorce & he takes up with the bimbo, his story purpose will be gone & he can be cut.
    That scummy band guy that keeps hanging around Rayna (NOT Deacon) is a waste too. I don't even know his name & don't care.

As to Scarlet & the brother(Gunnar's) I also liked that she had principles & refused to have him there, but then as soon as she found out he could play guitar, her principles went all out the window. Selfish, wishy-washy, no real standards. That disappointed me.
    I don't know if I like her story or if it just irritates me. It kind of takes turns.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I just started whatching this show a few weeks ago and I am the type of person who likes to know the actors who play the parts. I really love the character of Deacon so I went onto IMDB to look him up and was shocked to find out that he plays Morgan Ross on Jessie. I hate that character and I never would of out the two together! LOL Now I have to rewatch episode of Jessie to see if I can see "Deacon" in there somewhere.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Thanks for the summary on Rayna and Teddy's fidelity record. lol It's tough to tell with these guys. Still, when I look back from the beginning, it always seemed like it was Rayna with the roving eye, undevoted spirit and passion for her ex-lover. Teddy seemed like he really wanted the marriage to work. I guess it's a matter of perception. PLUS, recall the sermon that Rayna gave Teddy when she told him she would leave the girls with him while she went on tour. IMO, she was clear that this would be their separation period. So, maybe neither of them should blame the other. Plus, even though she didn't sleep with the ex-friend/song writer, what she did do was still cheating in my mind. Not as bad as sleeping with them, but still not good.

I would like to see more songs by Rayna's daughers. They are really good IMO.

Did anyone catch that Juliette's assistant is being played by Brad Paisley's wife?

+ Reply to Thread