+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 66 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Chicago Fire

As I understood Severide's nerve problem if he gets treatment he could be out on rehab for up to a year (I would guess shorter with his drive and the shape he's in). If he doesn't get treatment sometime relatively SOON he won't be able to use the arm at all, drugs or no drugs. I know some people don't take the long view, but jeesh, it is SO obvious what he ought to do... treatment is tough but no treatment is much worse.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

I figure that will be part of the season finale.....he'll finally have the surgery. When we come back in the fall, he'll be well into recovery and won't be "inactive" for too many episodes. I don't understand though why he doesn't just fix it and be done with it. It makes no sense. It's not like he won't be paid for time off.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know, he says he has "nothing else", but he's pretty much guarenteeing he won't have this much longer if he keeps this up. He's going to be caught doping or have his arm go out at some crucial point that kills or injures a civilian or a colleague.

He can come to my house while he's recuperating and I'll nurse him back to health! (I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I know, he says he has "nothing else", but he's pretty much guarenteeing he won't have this much longer if he keeps this up. He's going to be caught doping or have his arm go out at some crucial point that kills or injures a civilian or a colleague.
    I was thinking along the lines of sustaining an even worse injury . . . one that can't be fixed with surgery. He can go under the knife now and be TEMPORARILY out of work or keep doing what he's doing now and the be PERMANENTLY out of work - which will probably find him standing next to lung-damaged Vargas and racked-with-guilt Cruz all ready to jump off a building.
    PWS likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Little S&S! What an image!

Realistically, ratings wise, it's hard to believe they wlll write him into a corner that will keep him off our screens for long--I'm sure Maybaybie's offer would not be the only one! He's obviously major eye candy for the show. Something must happen that scares him enough to go to the doctor.
    Little Sew&Sew and Maybaybie like this.

It was no happy accident that he would be the one with an injury requiring him to be seen shirtless. Can't imagine ratings would be the same if it was Mouch who hurt his shoulder!!

Maybe Severide will go off to France with his new girlfriend and get help for his drug problem while there. Or, he could stay in Chicago for treatment and just tell people he's heading off to France as a cover. Either way he'd be away from the firehouse for a long time.

So . . . Shay is okay, Severide is gonna have the surgery but will probably never go to Spain, Cruz tried to confess but was counselled against it, Dawson got kissed but not by Casey and Herrmann had a sure thing going for his limo company but it he decided to "pull out" when the investor wasn't the man he thought he was. Yep - that pretty much sums it up. They sure crammed a lot of stuff into one episode.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

You forgot that while Dawson was being kissed her phone was buzzing with a call from Casey! Yep, lot of action..and in the previews we see Cruz drinking at the top of a building, presumably contemplating suicide. You'd think Casey would have recommended that if Cruz needed to confess he should talk to a priest. Or a shrink. Not just tell him to suck it up. I guess that's part of the macho firehouse ethic.

+ Reply to Thread