+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 66 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Re: Chicago Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Never really had a warm fuzzy feeling about Casey's girlfriend/fiancee. She strikes me as odd. Can't put my finger on it, but there's something not quite right about her. She seems to enjoy being the 'buzz kill"
    for me, it's just that she doesn't seem like the right match for Casey - they seem like brother/sister not an engaged couple.

I was bummed there was no Sat episode - either run it on Sats or don't - that way I at least that I shoudl tape it. Not exactly tape worthy stuff, but when i know I have this on Sat to watch and it's not on, it's a let down. It's on in the 10 pm slot for me and a great show to watch before turning off the light.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    for me, it's just that she doesn't seem like the right match for Casey - they seem like brother/sister not an engaged couple.

I was bummed there was no Sat episode - either run it on Sats or don't - that way I at least that I shoudl tape it. Not exactly tape worthy stuff, but when i know I have this on Sat to watch and it's not on, it's a let down. It's on in the 10 pm slot for me and a great show to watch before turning off the light.
    Out of curiosity are you physically taping these shows with a VCR? My kids tease me constantly for saying tape instead of record. My vocabulary hasn't evolved as quickly as technology has.

I am another who agrees that Casey's fiancee isn't a great cast- I am not sure that the paramedic is, either though. I don't know who I would like to see with him. What I imagine happening is paramedic moves on with the recruit (it is terrible that I have no names for these people 6 episodes in) and then Casey becomes free and starts to notice her...
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

yes, I still have a VCR - but it's a VCR/DVD combo. I know it's old school but I'm one who bucks technology - it took me forever go get a cordless phone, don't have a cell or internet at home. Someday I do hope to PVR though....maybe next year....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm an actual taper, too, anders--what on earth is PVR? I hope a typo---I at least like to have heard of the tech I haven't mastered!

So, since I missed any show this week, did they wrap up the evil policeman story?

PVR = DVR for a satellite dish.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I'm an actual taper, too, anders--what on earth is PVR? I hope a typo---I at least like to have heard of the tech I haven't mastered!

So, since I missed any show this week, did they wrap up the evil policeman story?
    They must have figured it was wrapped when he was arrested as there was no mention of it this episode. "The kid" is a new storyline, though. Is he a firebug in the making or just wanting a father figure or two? I agree about the fiance. After Casey delivered the baby and got all caught up in the wonder of it, she finally admitted to him that she has just gone along with him in his desire for children. The edited shot shows them both leaning against the dining table (in shadow) at a distance from each other as she tells him she may not want children at all. Yah, she has got to go. And I agree in that WHO should be with him is the question.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

According to the online TV schedule that I checked, Chicago Fire won't be on this Wednesday or Saturday. There will be Christmas programming instead. NBC's regularly scheduled programs for Tuesday, Thursday and Friday will still be aired.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post

Haha, total opposite for me. There was so much action going on that I decided that this show is not for watching just before bed. I need boring news to fall asleep.

I've got a huge crush on the chief. Finally we got to see him smile and oh my it was worth it.

I think the kid is a firebug in the making. Wasn't it mentioned that he lived with his grandparent? If he was abandoned by his parents and is angry at them, setting fires is one outlet for him.

I don't really like the fiancee either, that was a real crappy thing to do. How do you agree to marry someone and not have the discussion of wanting children? "I just want to go along with it to make you happy?" How stupid is that storyline? I could kind of see him with the paramedic but she has better chemistry with the new recruit. Casey just doesn't seem to have any sex appeal but maybe that is just because I don't find blondes attractive.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, anders and Ariel--I'm hoping I've got the arrest episode taped... fallen (even further) behind on my viewing thanks to T Day and all the people staying here for the festivities. TVs were tied up with ball games.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They must have figured it was wrapped when he was arrested as there was no mention of it this episode. "The kid" is a new storyline, though. Is he a firebug in the making or just wanting a father figure or two? I agree about the fiance. After Casey delivered the baby and got all caught up in the wonder of it, she finally admitted to him that she has just gone along with him in his desire for children. The edited shot shows them both leaning against the dining table (in shadow) at a distance from each other as she tells him she may not want children at all. Yah, she has got to go. And I agree in that WHO should be with him is the question.
    doesn't this mirror a lot of the Chase/Cameron characters of House?? Chase wanted to marry her and have kids - she was opposed and then he found out she had frozen sperm from her dead husband and she ended up caving and they eventually married then divorced....

Junkiegirl I don't find this show as riveting and action packed as something like Criminal Minds (which can be rather disturbing at times) so I find it mindless enough that I can lay back and relax before shutting off tv.

+ Reply to Thread