+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Re: Chicago Fire

it also was reminiscent of the Oklahoma City bombing (as mentioned). I thought it was tastefully done and showed the enormity of the bombing and the lengths the first responders go to in order to save lives.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I've been watching Chicago PD and this was my first time to watch Chicago Fire. I watched both parts to this special and thought they were pretty good. I agree with those upthread who question the fact they had it at a marathon. A little too close, IMO.

I also think it's unwise to portray a professional firefighter ignoring and hiding a serious injury in order to keep working. There are so many things that are unwise and unsafe about it. But, it's for drama. I get it.

Between the Fire Chief and the police Lt. there sure were some gravelly voices. Man, talk about low and rough. I kept having to clear my throat. lol

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Between the Fire Chief and the police Lt. there sure were some gravelly voices. Man, talk about low and rough. I kept having to clear my throat. lol
    My daughter and I commented that they must belong to the Batman Club, gargling with thumbtacks and whiskey! I sounded like that once, but the medicine the doctor gave me for strep throat cleared it up in a few days.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    My daughter and I commented that they must belong to the Batman Club, gargling with thumbtacks and whiskey! I sounded like that once, but the medicine the doctor gave me for strep throat cleared it up in a few days.
    As much as I LOVE the chief...there are many times I have to rewind and turn up the volume to try to figure out what he's saying. I realize the actor is British and trying to pull off an American accent but the tone of his natural voice doesn't help the process at all.

I didn't watch the Chicago PD crossover episode...what happened to Shay and her injury? She seemed fine in the CF episode last night...

If she is the firefighter that got hurt and kept working, then she was walking into the hospital after the bombing when an object fell and knocked her into a piece of metal. I'm not sure how it got through her coat, but it sliced her lower belly open. She pretends nothing happened and keeps working to save people. She goes in the bathroom and stuffs a roll of toilet paper in the wound. She keeps going until she finally passes out from shock and blood loss. Of course, now she has to take the medical staff away from the other injured people to deal with her as an emergency. It would have required less medical staff is she just presented herself when it first happened. But no....just done for drama sake.

Knowing the character of Shay, it is likely she diminished her own wound because she felt she was needed as an EMT in this emergency.

So they didn't even address it in the CPD episode?? I saw her pass out on last week's CF and that was it and it was supposed to be continued on the CPD crossover, which I didn't watch.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

They did NOT address it in the most recent episode Maybaybie. It was almost like weeks had passed and she was completely healed. No one even admonished her for being reckless with her own health. Severide was more concerned about her getting back with the light-fingered ex-girlfriend than he was about her doing something that could have put her own life in danger.

I thought the Chief was looking rather handsome in his dress uniform when he went to propose. Glad she said yes.

Shall we place a bet on whether or not Dawson passes the test? I have no desire to do the job myself, so I don't know what would drive a person to want to be a firefighter, especially when they are damn good at the job they are currently doing.
    Punkin likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think Maybaybie was asking if she made an appearance on Chicago PD during the crossover episode. The previews did show her in a hospital bed.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread