+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 66 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Chicago Fire

This is only VAGUELY connected, but . . . . . if you are in/near Chicago and you like soccer (or if you just like hearing the words CHICAGO FIRE) Groupon has a deal for you:

Chicago Fire vs. New York Red Bulls Chicago Deal of the Day | Groupon Chicago
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, pretty clear what happened to the evil rapist/kidnapper now, and who did it. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Chicago police version must be rubbing off on me.

Count me among the many who thought it would be a good idea for Hermann to say that his present was that he'd be WILLING to get a vasectomy, not to have already done it. Let the woman have some input into decisions that affect her so drastically. Yes, she was ok with it, so he obviously knows her, but this just continues a nasty trend in this show. Gabby thinks it is HOT that her boyfriend went behind her back and against her explicit instructions and pulled strings for her? And what did have to do to suceed at that? Sell the only female firefighter down the tubes because her daddy wanted her out of the house? Woman after woman having decisions that should be hers, or hers at least to participate in (future babies) made for her by the man in her life. Not liking this at all.

It does seem they are allowing the woman firefighter (Jones?) to redeem herself... I like that Mills, the previous probationer, is helping her out.

Not to mention how Boden broke it off with whatshername because he was afraid his past would hurt her.

I didnt' like the episode where Shay have the money to Molly's either

I expected Rebecca to die in that episode - so, is Boden going to fight to keep her a firerighter because of her heroics? And I dont' like her father's attitude --- come on writers you can do way better than this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Good point about Boden! Yet another example. I know this does happen in the real world even today, but to have so many incidents, and have the women seem to be fine with it (ok, Rebecca isn't fine with it and Boden's ex isn't, but you know what I mean)... ugh. Next thing you know Rebecca will be saying that PR is her life's dream and thanking her daddy and Boden for making it possible.

Shay and the Molly money isn't quite the same since at least they ASKED her, they didn't just tell her or take it somehow, but I agree, there was some social pressure. But she was standing up to that until the "rightful heir" was such a jerk. I think she was very uncomfortable getting the money that way, so it was a win win for her as well as them. So I guess you could say it is only the straight women this is really happening to!
    Last edited by PWS; 03-13-2014 at 01:21 PM.

I would be quite happy if they never again brought up the question of what happened to Keeler, but I'm sure it's gonna come back to bite somebody.

If they have security cameras where the hugs-too-long creepy guy can watch Dawson, how is it that not a single piece of footage exists showing evil rapist/kidnapper leaving his house or getting plucked up off the streets?

I wouldn't want to owe Voight a favor like Benny appears to now.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I would be quite happy if they never again brought up the question of what happened to Keeler, but I'm sure it's gonna come back to bite somebody.

If they have security cameras where the hugs-too-long creepy guy can watch Dawson, how is it that not a single piece of footage exists showing evil rapist/kidnapper leaving his house or getting plucked up off the streets?

Really? I think I might have missed something so I'm going to watch again as I thought Benny was involved. I really must pay more attention. lol Other than that little mishap, I really liked the episode. Could've done without the vasectomy issue and the BSCD. I was on the edge of my seat, yelling at Gabby and Shay to get out of there multiple times. I listen to ems radio and my cousin is a paramedic, but we don't have the gang problems that Chicago has. The paramedics really face the same dangers as cops but are unarmed, and a lot of the time go into a situation blind. Sends shivers down my spine.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I said that JunkieGirl because at the end, we see Benny go to the police station and leave a note for Voight. Then we see them in a bar chatting quietly. Voight tells Benny maybe it would be better if he left Chicago for awhile.

There's something unspoken that has passed between them.

I figured it was because Benny had confessed and Voight gave him a pass, knowing there was one less scumbag for him to deal with in The Windy City.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

If Benny is the guilty one, why was the firefighter (can't think of his name) acting so sketchy?
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

My two cents JavaJo . . . . they talked about it as a group and now they all kind of suspect each other. No one really wants to come right out and ask "Did you kill him?" for fear the answer would be "yes".

If you don't know, they can't make you testify!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think Benny did it also, and he told Voight enough at least indirectly so that Voight knows that---and he told hm so that Voight would have his team stop "interviewing" the firefighters. I don't think Voight did it. But now Benny does "owe" Voight. If that keeps Benny out of town I'll be glad. His appearance in town doesn't seem to bode well for his son.
    JunkieGirl and Little Sew&Sew like this.

+ Reply to Thread