+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 61 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree184Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Chicago Fire

Good news about the webisodes.

Thanks for clarifying about the sister's possible move to NYC. I don't know how I missed that.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I just watched Chicago police version, and they had Severide crying in the arms of the pretty young cop about his sister, who's been missing half a day. They say that they are working on it already even though it hasn't been 24 hours and she's an adult because of the FD connection--they are "brothers"....

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I was left scratching my head this episode. I seemed to have missed a lot even though I have been watching faithfully. Did Severide say why Dawson failed her physical? And did we see the physical last week? I remember her mishap with what I thought was a training exercise where she and the female trainee went into the smoky building wearing the gas mask and scot pack, but was that the physical? Or was it some sort of physical where you have to bench press x amount of pounds or lift a certain amount of weight?
    Okay, I watched again (yeah, like it was such a chore!) and I think I've figured it out.

I think it was just a case of Severide mumbling a bit. He asks how she did and she tells him how long it took her. If he'd been speaking more clearly, I think what he would have said was:

"IF you fail the physical, etc...etc... (X amount of time) isn't gonna cut it".

I think the time was 40-some seconds but my memory fails me on the exact number. The first time I watched I thought he said "You failed the physical". What I heard the second time makes more sense.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

I picked up that it was a running test and the time wasn't good enough.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Interesting about the webisodes. It seems TPTB think Dawson is the "star" of this show because they build so much around her storyline. I don't particularly agree with their thinking, if true.

I don't like Chicago PD and have chosen not to become a regular viewer. However, I did tune in to see what happened with Severide's sister. The scene about her lasted no more than 30 seconds and really didn't advance the story at all. So much for being pushed in to watching the new crossover show. I feel had.

I can remember when the SFFD was an all white boy's club and if you had a father, brother or uncle in the department it gave you an advantage in getting in. I think it was early 70's when they were ordered to hire women and minorities. It was not easy for the earliest minority and female hires to break into that 'club'. But now there are women, African Americans and Asian Americans in every house and they are accepted and respected. In fact our Chief, Joann, was one of those early hires. The women really had to prove themselves and I'm not sure how they did. The arguments that they did not have the upper body strength to handle those hoses or carry an injured fellow firefighter out of a burning building seemed reasonable at the time. Obviously there were different physical requirements in the tests they were expected to pass. I still wonder how that works. But, notice how Station 51 has no female firefighters.

The downside was reverse discrimination against those white males who wanted to become 'firemen' (now called firefighters), and my youngest son was among them. He had an AA degree in fire sciences and applied to every department in the Bay Area. When he realized he was not going to get hired he returned to school and got a degree in multimedia at SF State and has a great career at Verizon (non-cell phone division). So, even though I was in favor of affirmative action hiring, I understood why some felt that they were now being discriminated against. Fortunately, after a period of righting old wrongs, things seem to have evened out now.
    Arielflies likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Interesting about the webisodes. It seems TPTB think Dawson is the "star" of this show because they build so much around her storyline. I don't particularly agree with their thinking, if true.
    I agree with your disagreement. She certainly isn't why I started watching.
    Punkin likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Is there one more episode then the Olympics or was this the last one until the end of Feb? Geeeeez. Good thing I really, really like the show or I would just forget about it, with all the breaks.

Loved Boden catching the two lovebirds in the shower stall and then being caught in his office with the squash lady. Cute stuff.

There was a nice scene with Kelly and the brunette cop on Chicago PD. Is there going to be a romance developing between them as well?

Now to make my viewing totally happy, Mills needs a new love interest. Someone just as pretty as the squash lady, with the smarts of Isabella and really fun. Maybe a nurse? Yes, yes, yes!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post

I don't like Chicago PD and have chosen not to become a regular viewer. However, I did tune in to see what happened with Severide's sister. The scene about her lasted no more than 30 seconds and really didn't advance the story at all. So much for being pushed in to watching the new crossover show. I feel had.
    Usually when a show does webisodes, they focus on characters who aren't the main stars of the show. It allows them to do story lines about supporting characters without giving them time during the regular show.

I like Chicago PD. I didn't feel manipulated I figured we wouldn't see much of Severide.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It's so weird to see Bodin all smiley. Happy Bodin is adorable.
    JunkieGirl and PWS like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread