+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Re: Chicago Fire

Rumor has it that the city of Chicago isn't thrilled with the drug/alcohol/mental issues the show portrays the FD to have and are considering revoking the contract that allows them to film there. My son found the article and I can't find it now to post the link. I wonder if that happens if they will cancel or just film elsewhere?

Am I the only one that doesn't care if Casey doesn't make it? He's the only one I don't really like. Plus, he's a terrible firefighter.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Not enough Mills.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That's interesting, JavaJo, about the city of Chicago... I agree between all the problems, the thugs menacing the bar owners, and the Wicked Witch, just about no aspect of the city structure is unscathed. On the other hand, the firefighters are unfailingly heroic and willing to risk their lives for the citizens....well, except maybe for one psycho drugdealer...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I did some searching based on what JavaJo talked about two posts earlier and was able to find only one reference. Not sure how reliable the info is at the "Call The Cops" website, but here it is if you are interested. Sounds like a case of sour grapes. Chicago had to know what they were getting into having a show filmed in their city. This is a list of shows of all types that have filmed there before, so it certainly isn't NEW to them:

City of Chicago :: TV Shows by Year

Perhaps their objection is the skeleton-in-the-closet variety. While it may not be prevalent activity, the kinds of things happening on the show - the drug/alcohol use, relationships and insubordination - happen EVERYWHERE! To say it doesn't reflect what's going on in the city of Chicago is BS, plain and simple. IF you wanna skim through the article, that's okay, but if you're a fan of the show, at least read the last two sentences. Of course they don't name the "insider" who gave them this "info", but I can't imagine watching whatever would come next if this is how the do things.

City of Chicago might pull endorsement of Chicago Fire TV show - Call The Cops
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

One of the comments below the article says that the Call the Cops site is a satire, that the articles are made up. I have no idea if that's true--certainly hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    One of the comments below the article says that the Call the Cops site is a satire, that the articles are made up. I have no idea if that's true--certainly hope so!
    I didn't bother to read the comments, so thanks for pointing that out. You are correct. They do have that info on their site, but you would have to go looking for it. If you're a first time visitor to their little webpage, looking for a specific story, the fact that they are a satire is NOT evident.

About Us - Call The Cops
    Punkin likes this.

As a reminder, the spin-off Chicago PD begins one week from tonight.

I don't see a thread for it here. I do plan on tuning in, but I'm not sure if it can keep my attention. Not a fan of Voight or Halstead (the undercover cop who had a fling with Dawson). Dawson's brother isn't enough to keep me interested. I've looked at the cast as reported by IMDB and - aside from the connection to Chicago Fire - there's nothing that would make me start watching from scratch.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm going to give it a chance...they've certainly promoted it enough so I am curious to see it at least once.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Someone who plans to watch at least once should start a thread so we don't get the comments mixed in here....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Someone who plans to watch at least once should start a thread so we don't get the comments mixed in here....

Done! It's being approved (hopefully) by a moderator.
    PWS likes this.

+ Reply to Thread