+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Chicago Fire

So I guess Severide's sister (half? step?) won't be in the picture . . . unless something else pops up, like a fire at her restaurant. I would have like some more character development between the two, if only so that Kelly knows he's not the only one messed up by his father's philandering ways.

Casey and Dawson . . . . I'm still up in the air on that romance. I can't see it working, too much potential for something to go wrong. I think he needs someone outside of "the house". Sure, he needs someone who can commiserate when he's had a crappy day, but if all they do is sit around and sulk about their job, that's not gonna turn out too well.

Shay hasn't hit rock bottom yet, but she's headed there with gusto. If the girlfriend wanted to rob them, I can see that as she was always sketchy, but why trash the place? Could it be that Shay caught her in the act and there was a fight?

Mills - my daughter and I instantly had the same thought he had and we even got to express the idea to each other before he questioned her about it. He sudden promotion to "boyfriend" was highly suspicious. Glad he called her on it as I suspect that was her true intent. She is all about the "image".

It's almost as if Cruz knows nothing about immigration laws and the scrutiny he and Zoya will be under when the suddenly walk down the aisle. I'm thinking there are some rough times ahead for him . . . and the little brother will only add to the heartache.
    Punkin likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Felt bad for Dawson having to deal with overeager, chatterbox new partner. She looked great all gussied up but I hated her lipstick shade. Not sure how I feel about her and Casey finally hooking up, but guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. I also wished Kelly's half-sister would stick around. I am just not clear about the timeline with Benny and all of his wives and family. I am guessing that Severide was his son from his first marriage. This new half-sister who is a chef, is she the product of an affair between Benny and the gal's mom? Benny did not marry her, right? So, the last woman who Benny is currently separated from, she has children as well with Benny? That guy sure gets around.

Cruz is so lovesick it isn't funny. Zoya isn't in love with him, and how she is going to pull it off as a love match with immigration is anyone's guess. I like Cruz, though, and feel badly for him and especially hate that that crooked cop put pressure on Leon to re-infiltrate the gang. I hope nothing bad happens to him.

Cap got a few words in this episode. I wonder why he is not featured more prominently.
    Punkin likes this.

I think you are right ECM

*Kelly is Severide Senior's first child

*Female Chef (could her name be "Katie"???) is Severide Senior's child by another woman - at least it was suggested as much with the comment about her age matching the number of years having passed since the elder left home. He never referred to her as his "ex" only as "her mother".

*Kids 3 and 4 (and maybe more) with "Beth" - while I'm not sure exactly how many there are from that Third Attempt At A Relationship, the wife did make a point to say the "boys" miss their dad so there's more than one

great episode - but I don't like Dawson and Casey - it's a huge mismatch.

I hope Kelly doesn't let his sister walk away. I hope he proves himself to be there for her.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Don't like Casey and Dawson...at all! Loved her with the undercover cop. It's so interesting how chemistry between two people works...

Hope Kelly's half sister sticks around. I like what I see, so far. Lots of potential story with these two.

Previews look very good. Poor Shay!

Wow, that witch who's trying to close down the fire station needs to be brought down a peg or two. Cannot stand her! (The actress is doing an incredible job, isn't she?)

Hate Casey and Dawson together. where do they get these crazy ideas? Yuck!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    ......Mills - my daughter and I instantly had the same thought he had and we even got to express the idea to each other before he questioned her about it. He sudden promotion to "boyfriend" was highly suspicious. Glad he called her on it as I suspect that was her true intent. She is all about the "image".
    Yes, who couldn't see that coming? It's funny though that he actually asked the question, because nobody is going to answer that one honestly. He sure looked damn handsome in that tux though.

Ugh. Dawson and Casey. Those two do not have ANY chemistry whatsoever. Did you watch her face? It looked like a real chore to get thru that scene. Gabby is able to create chemistry with others, with Casey, nada. In fact, she looks downright uncomfortable around him. I wonder if there is something going on the set, because it seems those two don't get along or something. Just a vibe I'm getting.

I never get to see the previews for the next week because our affiliate runs long on the commercials. What's coming up tomorrow?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm glad Mills asked the question and then walked out. That was SO transparent...and what, she was willing to sleep with him as payback, Ugh. Definitely not Mills' scene. If she'd introduced him as her "friend from the 51st house" she might have gotten away with it,although even so he might have been suspicious her approach to him was so sudden.
    Dawson and Casey---come on, they've had her pining for him since the first show....they have to "go there" if only to have it break up for a good reason, not that his old (dead) girlfriend came back. She's got to get "over" him for good. She's the only straight woman in the squad, you know she isn't going to be happily tied up for the rest of the show. Who knows, maybe she will wind up with Severide since they bond over Shay so often.
    Since Severide offered to be there for her, and said he wasn't like Benny, I suspect something will drive his sister to ask for help in a few episodes...this was the set up...
    Punkin likes this.

Not my favorite episode. Had to wonder if Casey was determined to make me watch the whole thing with my hands partly covering my eyes. The ladder scene and the chopping of electrical cables all came in the first 15 minutes. Severide earns points with me and then has them snatched away . . . love that he was there to support his sister but the whining to Dawson about Shay was annoying. Did he even care that Dawson may have been just as hurt as Shay with the break in their friendship? And what's with comparing their lives? Casey's convict Mom and his cold-hearted sister have virtually nothing to do with him, plus he's girlfriend died in a fire and he took care of two kids only to have their mom yank them out of his life and move them all the way to Florida. I didn't see Severide urging anyone to be a friend to him!!!

Otis. Cruz. Mouch. They all annoyed me this week, but none more than Zoya. She took it to a new level and pissed me off. While it's good that she isn't marrying Joe just to stay in the country, getting someone else to deliver her message is the worst.

Next week is the mid-season finale and of course, they plan on leaving us hanging with Casey's life in the balance. They REALLY know how to get to me!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Hey, when I said they couldn't pair up the only straight woman in the house with Casey for a happily ever after I didn't mean they had to kill off Casey!!! Who by the way is doing a great job of making me forget he ever played a doctor on House.

And, I'm sorry, but I'm still not convinced that the election consultant woman is really interested in Mills--I think she's just paying him off with sex and I'm disappointed in him for taking her up on it. Now I don't know if I think he's worthy of Severide's little sister. I keep looking for Mills in the previews of the new cop show, to see if he transfers to the police.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread