+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Re: Chicago Fire

So happy the Chief is staying!! I want that nasty woman gone. Happy to see Kelly's dad gone too.

Maybe it's time for Dawson and Casey to finally get together!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I missed a couple of things regarding Shay though. What was wrong with her and what was that little piece of paper on the ground?
    I had the thought that the crumpled business card on the ground was more about Dawson being more serious about her profession and Shay treating it like it was just another thing she had to deal with. It was given to them by the doctor who came to the scene of the train derailment and he told them both he liked to help out good people. He remembered Dawson from when she was training with Halley. Perhaps she's ready to take a step away from the "ambo" and head into the hospital.

My heart was breaking for Casey when Heather up and decided to leave. "Thanks for watching the kids Matt. Tootles!" Never did like her much and that surely hasn't changed with this episode. Glad he found that little girl from the train wreck. He'd have been a "train wreck" himself if he hadn't be able to reunite her and her dad. Did y'all notice Casey answered "yes" when the man asked him if he was a father? I knew heartache was coming right there and then.

Next week looks like another intense episode. That witchy woman needs to have a house dropped on her. So much for it being a job she has to do. This seems awfully personal. What kind of issue does she have with Chief? Hope they explore that along with the connection between Chief and Mills . . . . I wish they were more clear on their "time line" so we knew when *Wally* had the affair with Peter's mom. Still think there's a chance we'll have the paternity issue to be dealt with.

*Wally* . . . it was funny to hear Chief being referred to by his first name. It's usually "Boden" or "Chief". Hearing him called Wally or Wallace made him seem so much more vulnerable. I like it.
    Punkin likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Thanks JavaJo and Little Sew & Sew, I didn't realize she was still suffering from that suicide. She wasn't like that last week was she?

Regarding the business card, does anyone else get the feeling that when Shay gets involved in a relationship she gets so involved with that person to the exclusion of everything else in her life? I have a hunch that this new woman is going to be big trouble for Shay. She's already shown that she has lapses in judgment when it comes to someone she cares about, even if those lapses could cause her to lose her job. The way they are writing her character I wouldn't be surprised if she has problems with drugs in the future.
    Punkin and Little Sew&Sew like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Thanks JavaJo and Little Sew & Sew, I didn't realize she was still suffering from that suicide. She wasn't like that last week was she?

Regarding the business card, does anyone else get the feeling that when Shay gets involved in a relationship she gets so involved with that person to the exclusion of everything else in her life? I have a hunch that this new woman is going to be big trouble for Shay. She's already shown that she has lapses in judgment when it comes to someone she cares about, even if those lapses could cause her to lose her job. The way they are writing her character I wouldn't be surprised if she has problems with drugs in the future.
    She's been getting progressively worse since it happened. It's why she's been partying too much and hooked up with that sleazy girl.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

You can go even further back than that . . . . not being able to get pregnant was another burr under her blanket.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, they often seem to write Shay like that old lesbian joke.... "what does a lesbian bring to a 2nd date? A moving van." (based on the stereotype that lesbians commit too quickly) (probably based on the stereotype that women want commitment [vs. men], so when you have two women in a relationship you get rushed commitment) She flips from that to the one night stand thing. How about a nice normal slowly developing relationship??
    Punkin likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just caught up... maybe Severide's sister will be a lesbian and Shay can get to know her through him...
    The witch should have been told that yes, people died, because you eliminated firehouses so there wasn't enough back up for a major disaster, for two occurring at once.
    Punkin and mesachick like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yeah, they often seem to write Shay like that old lesbian joke.... "what does a lesbian bring to a 2nd date? A moving van." (based on the stereotype that lesbians commit too quickly) (probably based on the stereotype that women want commitment [vs. men], so when you have two women in a relationship you get rushed commitment) She flips from that to the one night stand thing. How about a nice normal slowly developing relationship??
    TeeHee! I'd never heard that joke/stereotype before. Interesting things I learn on this website.

As for the SeverideSister/Shay angle? Umm, that would be awkwardsauce! Never thought of that storyline at all. Surely, SeverideSister might have interesting entanglements with anyone. Would Severide have a problem with anyone who gets involved with his sister? Unless it's with the angelic, lovelorn Casey.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I don't know about that JunkieGirl. Severide had a huge problem when he thought Casey was involved with Heather Darden and she wasn't even related to him. She's only 21 so her best match (age wise) would be Mills. I don't see her sticking around much - unless she gives up the restaurant job she has now and starts cooking in the kitchen at Molly's . . . assuming Molly's has a kitchen!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

She could be the top "chef" at Molly's! And she and Mills would have cooking in common from his family restaurant.
    Punkin and Little Sew&Sew like this.

+ Reply to Thread