+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Re: Chicago Fire

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Three weeks! Stinking basketball finals! Or is it baseball? I just know its one of those lol.

Another great episode. I agree that Benny needs to go back to where he came from. I don't think Kelly is all that thrilled with his Dad's return, especially because he and Boden are close. I don't think Boden retired due to a possible issue in his lungs, I think he did it for the exact reasons he stated - he'd do anything to keep The 51 running. With him gone I would imagine McLeod will take the heat off of the house.

The next episode looks intense! While watching the scenes with Kelly, I kept thinking back to ER, where Doug (George Clooney) went in that water pipe to save the little boy that was stuck in there and they both almost drowned. I hope they delve into what happened to the other bar and what made it explode like that. I have to wonder if the big ugly thug is the one that created the explosion to end the competition for Molly's.
    Mesa I seem to like the same TV shows that you do. I just stumbled into this thread for the first time. I keep forgetting to check all the non-reality TV threads. I really like Chicago Fire and was disappointed to see we had to wait another three weeks to catch the next episode. I knew it couldn't be baseball since we already had game 2 in the World Series. I live about 80 miles from Boston and have always been a huge Red Sox fan so have particular interest in this one. We don't find ourselves in the World Series that often so I am happy about that.

I guess the reason we are waiting 3 weeks is because Chicago Fire takes breaks now and then and this is one of them. I'm really not sure what they are going to air in it's place.

I wonder if that big ugly thug is responsible for the fire as well and I remember he played a thug type on Y&R (Angelo) and father to Diana DeGarmo runner-up on S3 of AI. I was a huge ER fan and remember that episode with Doug George Clooney. I agree the scenes with Kelly remind me of that.

I don't think we have seen the last of Boden and anyone else get a funny feeling in regards to Heather? I wonder if she will make it out of prison? Just a funny vibe I got when Casey told her to be strong.

JunkieGirl thanks for the video - I had no idea either.

I think the next thing would be considered a spoiler so will try spoiler tags for the first time. Maybe it's not a spoiler, but would rather be safe.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The undercover cop played by Jay (Jesse Lee Soffer) has signed up for the spinoff show Chicago PD.
    mesachick likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Congrats on your first spoiler tag use, Jaceegirl! That seems to fit with speculation earlier about the spin off.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Pretty good episode last night. I am glad that goon is off the show now. I was kind of disappointed they didn't delve more into Game Day burning down. The goon did it, ok - but considering its a show called Chicago Fire... why didn't they show the response to it burning down? LOL The Kelly/Kid thing was pretty interesting. I don't like Shay's new *friend*. Next week's scenes look good. Should be an intense one.
    Punkin likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If they are intent on doing "cross-overs", that goon might show up again when CHICAGO PD starts, even though it looks like Dawson has ended the relationship with the undercover cop. I also wondered about the fire at Game Day and the response to it. 81 and 51 weren't shown AND when the undecover cop/boyfriend go shot, it was another ambulance that responded - with unnamed EMT's on board. Maybe it's supposed to be in a different section of the city.

CF has written on their FB page that "tissues will be needed". I waited and waited and waited . . . . it wasn't until Griffin broke down upon seeing his Dad's badge that I even got misty-eyed.

Next week does look INTENSE. With Heather coming back home and with the Chief in danger, there are sure to be some twists and turns. Can't believe they'd take Boden off the show since he's such an important part. If we never saw Kelly's dad again it would be just fine with me. Maybe they'll even arrange for Sullivan to be found in violation and Mouch will get to be President after all.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

The only gripe I have about this episode is the technical advice the didn't receive. Severide's story line was appalling. He did everything wrong... Granted they don't tell you how far he ran from his car, but he was in a relatively civilized area. The minute he saw that he couldn't help that kid by himself he should have run for help. Pulling the impalement out of the kids arm is about the first thing they tell you not to do...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
    The only gripe I have about this episode is the technical advice the didn't receive. Severide's story line was appalling. He did everything wrong... Granted they don't tell you how far he ran from his car, but he was in a relatively civilized area. The minute he saw that he couldn't help that kid by himself he should have run for help. Pulling the impalement out of the kids arm is about the first thing they tell you not to do...
    Yup - and I always, and I mean always, run with my phone. You never know if you might need it. Of course, without all of that, the storyline wouldn't have been all the gripping
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If we never saw Kelly's dad again it would be just fine with me.
    Treat Williams is still listed as a "Guest Star" so I'm guessing maybe not... I'm hoping Boden is there to stay...

I wouldn't be surprised if they spun another show off around Benny Severide... Chicage Fire - Arson Investigation Unit... A classic Dick Wolf move...
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yup - and I always, and I mean always, run with my phone.
    I am the same way with my phone, keys and ID... Not that I run, mind you... But those are the bare necessities I have on my person at all times... Take the dog out in the middle of the night and I'm there in my pajamas with keys and a cell phone... LOL

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

That was one intense episode! This old girl's ticker got a workout for sure.

I missed a couple of things regarding Shay though. What was wrong with her and what was that little piece of paper on the ground?

What a classy guy that Benny guy, hopefully this is the end of him. Good riddance.

Yes! Bowden is back. I hope they explore the Mills/mother/Bowden storyline. The guys need to work it out and I'd love to see that play out over a few episodes.

I like the fact that Severide is not being made out to be a total player and is actually a decent guy with morals. Writing him as a cad would be so easy.

Once again Casey has another loss to deal with. He's sure being written as the victim of loss and circumstance.
    Punkin likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Shay watched a patient shoot himself in the head....one that she was close to. She's suffering guilt. The paper was the card the doctor on scene gave to her and Gabby.
    Punkin likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread