+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 66 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 652
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

  1. #291
    FORT Fogey Maybaybie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: Chicago Fire

    WOW!!! That was some finale!! Boy after watching that directly after the season finale of SVU, I was right on the edge of my seat for 2 full hours! It's not often that an episode is so great that you realize you haven't moved a muscle the entire show- I loved it!!

    (and for those of you who watched SVU as well, you might get a chuckle to know that I double checked all the locks on my windows and doors as soon as it was over! Creepy!!)

  2. #292
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Is Renee the woman who moved to Greece? .... Or is she the old fiance' who's brother was at the firehouse for a while"

    I was happy about Hermann and wife taking the edge off for Shay ... but now the edge is back on.

    I am thrilled at Dawson's honesty ... but it was a tad out of left field.

    All in all a great episode of CF.

    As for SVU ... creepy is right!
    Maybaybie likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  3. #293
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,453

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Actually, it was Spain, but I guess it doesn't matter. I never expected her to return and I sure didn't expect the pregnancy. She seemed like such an expendable character. Maybe the plan to have her be unable to commit to being a Mom and she'll leave again, without the baby, who will then be adopted by Shay - jointly - with Severide (if he is even the real father).

    Loved Herrmann's happy ending - although I'm sure he'll be disappointed (to say the least) in seeing a much bigger sports bar opening up within spitting distance of Molly's.

    Mills sure knew what question to ask Dawson. I'm glad she spoke up and told him the truth. Glad she was there for Casey. Time has a weird way of passing quickly on this show so I expect the new season to start with a clear-headed Casey who has grieved enough over Hallie and is ready to carry on with life. And on that same "theme", although Herrmann's kids aren't shown very often, I wonder how much Baby Kenny will have grown over the summer!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  4. #294
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,078

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Good finale. Color me surprised also that Severide's ex, Renee is back from Spain and pregnant with his (supposed) child. Can someone explain what method of sperm donation Shay chose? I must have been asleep at the wheel, potty break or something, b/c at first she didn't have the money for an anonymous sperm donor and Severide was going to do the honors. Then her dad came up with the money and Kelly seemed a bit disappointed. Now, they are supposedly going to co-parent. So, did they do the deed, use a turkey baster, or go to the sperm bank? It doesn't make much sense for Severide to co-parent if it is not his biological child, given that they are not a "couple" or "in love."

    Happy Hermann's child was okay in the end. I sure hope that new sports bar doesn't draw the crowds away from Molly's but of course there has to be some kind of drama going on. With 5 mouths to feed now, excluding himself and his wife, Christopher needs all the $$ he can get.
    I was happy Dawson finally told Mills the truth. I felt like she was "settling" for him b/c she thought Casey was taken. NOT happy that we see Mills going into the Police Academy to get an application. What the heck? He didn't get the promotion so now he is sulking? For crying out loud, isn't he still a probie? Suck it up and wait your turn.

  5. #295
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,453

    Re: Chicago Fire

    They (Shay and Severide) went to a 'fertility clinic'. I assume Severide did his part earlier and that they were just there to finish the rest of the steps because, as I recall, they showed only Shay being taken from the waiting room into the back of the clinic.

    As for Mills - I think he's trying to distance himself from Dawson and the Chief. When they first brought him on the show, he went to his mom's restaurant every chance he got . . . and now we haven't seen her in weeks. Why doesn't Peter just go and confront her. It couldn't be much more awkward talking to her about the affair than it would be to bring it up to Bowden.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  6. #296
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,078

    Re: Chicago Fire

    ^ Okay, thanks for the clarification. Shay must really be impatient b/c unless she was having fertility problems there would be no need to go to the fertility clinic. With the use of a basal thermometer over a period of time, one can determine when one is ovulating. I guess Severide made his donation and she was inseminated. Did not want to do it the old fashioned way.

    Yeah, I get that Dawson wanted to distance himself from the Chief b/c he is feeling uncomfortable or angry or whatever, but he could just transfer out of the firehouse to a different one, no? Ah yes, but then there would be no drama and no Mills.

  7. #297
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Actually, it was Spain, but I guess it doesn't matter. I never expected her to return and I sure didn't expect the pregnancy. She seemed like such an expendable character. Maybe the plan to have her be unable to commit to being a Mom and she'll leave again, without the baby, who will then be adopted by Shay - jointly - with Severide (if he is even the real father).

    Loved Herrmann's happy ending - although I'm sure he'll be disappointed (to say the least) in seeing a much bigger sports bar opening up within spitting distance of Molly's.

    Mills sure knew what question to ask Dawson. I'm glad she spoke up and told him the truth. Glad she was there for Casey. Time has a weird way of passing quickly on this show so I expect the new season to start with a clear-headed Casey who has grieved enough over Hallie and is ready to carry on with life. And on that same "theme", although Herrmann's kids aren't shown very often, I wonder how much Baby Kenny will have grown over the summer!
    Well Molly's might quickly become a Fire and Police Department bar. It happens in Chicago. Although ... from the conversation they were having and the weeknight Ladies Nights ...they may be looking for a "regular" young, single crowd.

    So the big Sports Bar might not fair too well if there are a bunch of Police Officers and Firefighters right down the block watching you get into your vehicle when you walk out of a bar.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  8. #298
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    ^ Okay, thanks for the clarification. Shay must really be impatient b/c unless she was having fertility problems there would be no need to go to the fertility clinic. With the use of a basal thermometer over a period of time, one can determine when one is ovulating. I guess Severide made his donation and she was inseminated. Did not want to do it the old fashioned way.

    Yeah, I get that Dawson wanted to distance himself from the Chief b/c he is feeling uncomfortable or angry or whatever, but he could just transfer out of the firehouse to a different one, no? Ah yes, but then there would be no drama and no Mills.
    I was thinking the same thing ... but this thing runs deep for Mills. These firefighters are a big club/brother-sisterhood ... and I mean no disrespect. Think about how first responders from all over come together to help each other when there is a crisis. There are also reciprocal agreements from different houses and even suburbs . Also ... as a firefighter would he have to watch Dawson come to the ball next year as Casey's date?
    And on the Police Force ... we still have Voight and Dawson's brother. They just opened this up for a lot of story lines ... and as you say ... drama.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  9. #299
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,453

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Maybe they are just using Mills' new found desire to be a cop as yet another way to tie CHICAGO PD together with CHICAGO FIRE. If Voight and Dawson's brother are strictly PD and the rest of the guys are strictly Truck & Squad, then he becomes the bridge that connects them
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  10. #300
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Maybe they are just using Mills' new found desire to be a cop as yet another way to tie CHICAGO PD together with CHICAGO FIRE. If Voight and Dawson's brother are strictly PD and the rest of the guys are strictly Truck & Squad, then he becomes the bridge that connects them
    Yes ... but we don't really know what /who Voight is. Is he a corrupt cop ... a corrupt cop converted to undercover ... a undercover cop from the beginning ... etc. And presumably ... Mills doesn't know either.

    He (Voight) and Casey are not exactly best pals right? And Casey is Mill's rival for Dawson. It is a tangled web indeed.

    I am also interested to learn why Mills was not chosen for Squad. Was it really just political ... and how so?
    Bowden is correct in that people get moved to the top of the list/pile. Nepotism among many reasons ... but remember Severide's Dad had an issue with Mills and told him to be sure to thoroughly vet him? Is there an opening on squad in that house ... and who will come in to fill it? Complicated.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.