+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 66 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 652
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

  1. #241
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,203

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    In this show, they make it seem like squad is the elite or something ... there seems to be some "glamour" attached to squad.
    They probably do this because of the 1970s series "Emergency!" which focused more on the Squad (run by John Gage and Roy DeSoto) then it did the Engine/rest of the fire station.

    It was HUGELY glamorized and given that "E!" was a very popular NBC show too (5 or six seasons and the TV movies), I think they like trying to tie the two in to draw in viewers.

    I've been in a ladder and an engine. I haven't been in a spec. ops vehicle, but I definitely know the difference. They're pretty easy too - the ladder trucks (which here they labeled as engines) are the ones with the ladders on the top - including the one with the bucket for rescues or are the ones with the huge nozzle at the end of one ladder to shoot water on a fire top down; and the rescue trucks (we'd see as engines) are smaller. In our town, the special operations squads are with the paramedic stations, which include our ambulances.

  2. #242
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,453

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Maybe he thinks a recent fire house widow is too easy a "target", shooting fish in a barrel, and one should back off out of respect for their fallen comrade. Kind of like not dating your friend's sister---technically available, but not done. Hence why Boden's behavior would have caused such tension.

    I guess the viewers have the benefit of knowing it was Heather who came on to Casey. Maybe it wasn't as obvious to Severide.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  3. #243
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,851

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I guess the viewers have the benefit of knowing it was Heather who came on to Casey. Maybe it wasn't as obvious to Severide.
    Yes, not obvious to anyone else that that's the way it went and Casey is being a gentleman and not telling.

  4. #244
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,438

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Maybe he thinks a recent fire house widow is too easy a "target", shooting fish in a barrel, and one should back off out of respect for their fallen comrade. Kind of like not dating your friend's sister---technically available, but not done. Hence why Boden's behavior would have caused such tension.
    Kelly is pissed at Casey about Heather because Heather basically blames Kelly for her husband's death and yet she can so easily sleep with Casey (or so he thinks) and yet she can't forgive him when what happened was no one's fault but her husbands for not checking that door before knocking it down.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  5. #245
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,851

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Ah, could be. I either never saw that episode (the death) or saw it out of order and it never registered with me somehow.

  6. #246
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,438

    Re: Chicago Fire

    yeah - he died in the premiere episode.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  7. #247
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Kelly is pissed at Casey about Heather because Heather basically blames Kelly for her husband's death and yet she can so easily sleep with Casey (or so he thinks) and yet she can't forgive him when what happened was no one's fault but her husbands for not checking that door before knocking it down.
    Thank you for the mini reminder recap about what happened to Darden ,and the whys of Heather's attitude toward Severide, all of which were revealed in Episode One. I knew the reasons were there but couldn't remember them!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  8. #248
    FORT Fogey mesachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On my horse.
    Posts
    3,140

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Severide should just leave Casey out of the mix and straight up ask Heather what her deal is, if he's really all that bothered by the whole thing.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

  9. #249
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,453

    Re: Chicago Fire

    One of the writers of Chicago Fire (Derek Haas) tweeted this morning that the viewing schedule has changed. Here's his tweet:

    We don't return until May 1st now so we can run all four episodes during sweeps.


    to that I say frigginfragginfarkin . . . . . . . ugh!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  10. #250
    I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Where the Thunder Rolls
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: Chicago Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    One of the writers of Chicago Fire (Derek Haas) tweeted this morning that the viewing schedule has changed. Here's his tweet:

    We don't return until May 1st now so we can run all four episodes during sweeps.


    to that I say frigginfragginfarkin . . . . . . . ugh!
    I kinda figured that was happening when last week was a repeat. Dagnabbit!

    On the upside, the episodes during sweeps month should be GOOD!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

    Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.