+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 61 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Re: Chicago Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    It's interesting how an episode can differ from one week to the next.

Last week, when CF ended, I was crying. This week, I was ready to throw a brick through my tv!

First, the Wanna-Be-EMT accuses Kelly of trying to force himself on her (after she gets cut from the squard - helloooooo, so obvious) and then they bring Hallie back into Casey's life . . . just let her strut into the bar and hug him. Say what????? Go away Hallie and take New Girl with you!!!!!
    Well, I don't like Casey with Hallie. From the beginning, to me, they didn't seem like a "fit". I'm also not crazy about Gabby with Mills. I do however, love the sexual tension between Gabby and Casey. It just feels more "right".

As for the blonde byatch, it makes it even worse as she threw herself at Severide. I think Shay will probably save the day on this one although she did walk out in a huff when the blonde wannabe EMT was still there, so she can't say she was there for the entire "visit".

I am so glad Shay/Severide made up. It is SUCH a good friendship ... and I think they will have a co-parenting arrangement! ( I hope it's a boy!).
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I don't like Casey at all. His character is.....I don't know...he's messed up. My husband is a paramedic/Firefighter and he said him leaving Mills was a crappy thing to do. And now he's going after Mill's girl. Total douche.

I told my husband when the new girl was freaking out at the scenes that she was going to be big trouble. Poor Kelly.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't like Casey at all. His character is.....I don't know...he's messed up. My husband is a paramedic/Firefighter and he said him leaving Mills was a crappy thing to do. And now he's going after Mill's girl. Total douche.

I told my husband when the new girl was freaking out at the scenes that she was going to be big trouble. Poor Kelly.
    I can't figure all that out. I thought Casey was angry because Mills wasn't doing what the "truck" team was supposed to be doing and was acting as if he was already on the squad team. To me, it would seem the protocol would have been to make suggestions to his truck Lieutenant (Casey) and have Casey communicate it to the squad Lieutenant (Severide). Mills may be good and essentially they are all a team BUT... but he is still a "candidate". I think Casey and the rest of thtruck guys were just teaching him a lesson.... and there was another vehicle there to transport him.

ETA: As for the paramedic trainee ... why would she make those accusations against Kelly? That is some really serious stuff Does she think Kelly is the reason she was removed from the training program? I guess we shall see.
    Last edited by echo226; 04-04-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    It's interesting how an episode can differ from one week to the next.

Last week, when CF ended, I was crying. This week, I was ready to throw a brick through my tv!

First, the Wanna-Be-EMT accuses Kelly of trying to force himself on her (after she gets cut from the squard - helloooooo, so obvious) and then they bring Hallie back into Casey's life . . . just let her strut into the bar and hug him. Say what????? Go away Hallie and take New Girl with you!!!!!
    I'm glad Hallie's back in Casey's life. I love Gabby and Mills together and Casey was just messing things up. I don't see any chemistry with Gabby and Casey. Casey doesn't have chemistry with any of the women he's been involved with. Dude just doesn't exude much of anything. Unlike Severide who exudes pretty much everything. *sigh*
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I'm glad Hallie's back in Casey's life. I love Gabby and Mills together and Casey was just messing things up. I don't see any chemistry with Gabby and Casey. Casey doesn't have chemistry with any of the women he's been involved with. Dude just doesn't exude much of anything. Unlike Severide who exudes pretty much everything. *sigh*
    Too funny. You and I have exactly opposite perceptions .... except of course ... the part about Severide.

Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, I think we can all agree about Severide! Maybe the blonde thought Shay had criticized her because she was mad at Severide? So this is partly getting back at Shay? She may not understand their relationship?? Is Severide thinking down the road what this thing with Shay is going to do to his chances of finding an understanding new woman in his life? Hi Suzy, let me introduce you to my lesbian roommate/best friend and mother of my baby--don't you dare try to come between us...you and I can have sex but all my emotions are already bespoken... uh huh... That'll go well.

FORT Newbie

Am I the only one to think that Severide wants to conceive the old fashion way and was a little bit disappointed that Shay found the money to go the clinical route? Not 'cause he wants to get into bed with her, but I'm thinking he wants the baby to be conceived with them actually doing it.
    PWS likes this.

I'm glad Hallie's back but will admit that neither she nor Gaby seem right for Casey. Hmmm.... Who knows...maybe Hallie is only back for an episode or two and the point will be moot.

Poor Serveride!! It must be awful to be accused of something like this when you know you're innocent.

I agree about last week's ending and this week's being totally different.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

My two cents: Tara (that is the new girls name, isn't it?) is pissed for two reasons:

1. she was cut from squad
    2. Severide wasn't as into her as she was into him

It wasn't a huge part of the episode, but there were moments when you could tell Shay wasn't a big fan of New EMT Girl because of her lack of skill/response. New EMT Girl might think Shay had something to do with her dismissal, BUT . . . . she's thinking it's because she interfered with Shay and Severide's plans (by distracting him with an unexpected visit and a six pack of beer). If I remember correctly, New EMT Girl was cut AFTER they had their blow-up at his place.

As for Casey's treatment of Mills, I think it might be a bit of both: some of it's because of Dawson and some of it is because of loyalty to either Squad or Truck. As far as I know, they've never really explained what the difference is between SQUAD and TRUCK, although they've made references to a rivalry. Apparently, it means something to the members of each "team". The only simile I have is that my husband went to KU and his brother went to K State. Both institutes of higher learning, both in the same state, but don't DARE mix up one for the other.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

What got Casey upset with Mills, is that Mills rode back from the first emergency in the Squad vehicle, not the Truck vehicle. It's also clearly upsetting some of the members of the Squad that Mills is getting better treatment than they did when they were candidates. Casey really had to make a point of Mills' position within the firehouse or else it would have just started to spiral out of control.

Here is one explanation I found on the difference between Squad and Truck. In terms of firefighting, squads are capable of performing engine tasks, most truck tasks that don't involve aerial devices or tall ground ladders, and some rescue and hazmat company functions. But the functions seem to vary somewhat by Fire Department. Truck/ladder main job is for fire fighting where as a rescue squad is for rescuing, but both saves lives or at least try to.

Not that much clearer is it though LOL
    Last edited by mesachick; 04-05-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread