+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 61 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Re: Chicago Fire

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    If you like him you'll love House reruns, where he has his natural accent.
    My Mom is always telling me I'd love House...now maybe I have a reason to watch it!

I think mills' mum reunited because dad wanted to but she loved Boden. Dad died knowing he was second best.

My grampa was a fire fighter and from the stories I think dipping in the firehouse wives is fairly common. Lots of days off and looking out for each other.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Dipping =cheating with your husband's colleagues? Yikes..when they need to have each others' backs.

So...who else thought Severide was thinking... but I like Plan B better? I also thought he was thinking it didn't have to be that awful. Or she could have used the infamous turkey baster...not as if she has any fertility problems...take your temperature and use the baster on the right day... so Plan C.

But it looks from the previews as if he hits up the new woman on the squad (if that's who that blonde in the background was?) (or was it the dead guy's wife?), and that makes her retract the offer, that he's just too much of a sleazebag.

Why didn't the crooks say, ok, tell us when you are going to purge the hydrants and we'll back off?

I love this show, but tonight's episode was missing something. I think it was a fire.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I love this show, but tonight's episode was missing something. I think it was a fire.
    When I first started watching the show my favorite aspects of it were the somewhat realistic situations the firefighters were put in. I enjoyed seeing all the different techniques they used under different conditions, including some techniques I wasn't aware of.

Since then the number of calls for service they go to has steadily declind until we have some shows with no fires at all. I don't care for that trend away from what made their show unique. If the trend continues I won't watch anymore since IMO other series have much more compelling storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think it was because the focus was on squad, the para-medics and highlighting the different types of calls a firefighter may get and issues they may face.
    Juxtaposing the little boy running to the "firemen" for help ... against the shooting was revolving on the neighborhood focus in this epi. The value of the services they perform and the people who perform them was also big part of this episode.

There is a lot to chew on in this episode. It didn't need a fire.

PWS said So...who else thought Severide was thinking... but I like Plan B better?
    me, me, me
    Little Sew&Sew and mesachick like this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

First I was a little misty-eyed with Herrmann seeing his Dad's momentos and then I out-right cried at the end. The little boy who ran to get the firemen has some acting chops for someone so young. He really played his part!

Wondering what happened to the scene where Casey goes running towards the guy with a gun who was peaking in a window? Is that a teaser that they threw in there to keep us guessing . . . . something that will shock us when it happens later?

And I'm wondering too about the blonde in Severide's apartment who made Shay so ticked-off. Was it maybe a former lover of hers who switched teams (something that - if I remember correctly - has already happened once before)?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Wondering what happened to the scene where Casey goes running towards the guy with a gun who was peaking in a window? Is that a teaser that they threw in there to keep us guessing . . . . something that will shock us when it happens later?
    I think that was when the shots came through the windows. Someone asked Casey if he was alright.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

There was another scene filmed outside - two thug looking types are looking through a window - Casey sees them, yells either "No!" or "Don't" and runs towards them. Thug with a gun turns in his direction and fires.

Here's the video preview that they posted on their Facebook page. It comes at the very end.

Sneak Peek: "A Coffin That Small" - Chicago Fire - YouTube
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    First I was a little misty-eyed with Herrmann seeing his Dad's momentos and then I out-right cried at the end. The little boy who ran to get the firemen has some acting chops for someone so young. He really played his part!

And I'm wondering too about the blonde in Severide's apartment who made Shay so ticked-off. Was it maybe a former lover of hers who switched teams (something that - if I remember correctly - has already happened once before)?
    I was also misty eyed for that scene with the stuff showing his dad was proud of him, and even earlier when his dad wasn't returning his calls--really like the character, he's so ethical and good. Also had exactly the same thought about the little boy--not only GREAT when he was calling for help, but his response afterwards when his brother (?) was in the chute... such a good actor.
    Have to say... did the mom leave those two boys unsupervised at that age? And then she sends the kid upstairs alone and goes off to the hospital?? I thought maybe the two boys weren't brothers and there was another mom who was supposed to watch them, but then that boy was in the funeral car crying (more good acting), so I assume he was the brother.

I thought the blonde was the new woman on the crew... otherwise, don't see the point of introducing her in this episode...

+ Reply to Thread