+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 66 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: Chicago Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    It seems odd that we have to us closed-captioning when the person on screen is speaking ENGLISH, but I use it during Duck Dynasty and for the one time I watched Honey Boo-Boo!

Here's a youtube video of him speaking with his British accent in tact:

EAMONN WALKER & CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER CADILLAC RECORDS ANS - YouTube
    Wow, I had no idea that the actor who plays Boden was British. I watched that video, and I have to say I prefer his Boden voice. It gives him a bit of mystery and sexiness that I don't get from his higher pitched happier sounding British voice.

Thanks for that video!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I love an accent, whether it an Aussie/New Zealand accent, an Irish accent or a Scottish one (probably my favorite) but I have to say that Eamonn Walker wouldn't come across the same as Chief Boden if he spoke in his natural voice. Accent aside, the deep bass is much more commanding. I know Jesse Spencer makes an effort to not let his accent come through. Wondering now if anyone else on the show has "something to hide". Funny though, none of them seem to have a "Chicago" accent.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Wow...Jesse Spencer too! Where have I been?!

Not watching House, apparently
    Little Sew&Sew and Maybaybie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Jesse Spencer is from Melbourne, Australia.

David Eigenberg (Herrmann) did live in Chicago, but was born in NY (which is the accent my ears hear when he speaks)

Taylor Kinney was born in the southeastern part of Pennsylvania. There is a regional accent there, jokingly called "Dutchified". German settlers who refer to themselves as PA Dutch. I do not hear it at all when he speaks and I know what is sounds like having grown up northeast of there and listening to it all my life.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Hmm, born in NYC and raised on Lawn Guyland but I don't hear too much of a NY accent, or at least a city accent with David Eigenberg. Speaking of which, was he MIA this episode? Anyway, I will have to pay closer attention but sometimes I swear I hear a bit of a Boston accent on certain words David speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Hmm, born in NYC and raised on Lawn Guyland but I don't hear too much of a NY accent, or at least a city accent with David Eigenberg. Speaking of which, was he MIA this episode? Anyway, I will have to pay closer attention but sometimes I swear I hear a bit of a Boston accent on certain words David speaks.
    I was born on Lawn Guyland too...moved to Maine when I was two (but no Maine accent here). Mom said I had a little British accent until I was about 3, but it didn't last.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Wow...Jesse Spencer too! Where have I been?!
    I'm with you.
    Maybaybie likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If you like him you'll love House reruns, where he has his natural accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Hmm, born in NYC and raised on Lawn Guyland but I don't hear too much of a NY accent, or at least a city accent with David Eigenberg.

It is definitely not an obvious accent, but there are times when it becomes more apparent. I think it's an "attitude" more than anything else.

If you've been watching CSI:NY from the beginning, you'll notice that "Danny Messer" (Carmine Giovinazzo- originally from Staten Island) isn't quite as Brooklyn/Bronx as he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    If you like him you'll love House reruns, where he has his natural accent.
    You get to hear Jesse Spencer speak with his real accent on House, but you don't get to hear House speak with HIS real accent. He is also British, in case anyone missed that.

+ Reply to Thread