+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree218Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Chicago Fire

Both it and Nashville got excellent reviews here, but I watched the old standby.. I don't need even more shows to get hooked on! There are two cute rather similar men in the ads that I know I've seen in other shows, but can't place them.

my 'playlist' has been getting shorter and shorter since I'm not into the singing/dancing reality shows. I prefer comedies and dramas, so this falls right into the second category. Not sure what the premise of Nashville is but I assume it has something to do with singing - therefore it gets a pass.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fanatic

My dad is a retired fireman so I too have a soft spot in my heart for firemen.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Both it and Nashville got excellent reviews here, but I watched the old standby.. I don't need even more shows to get hooked on! There are two cute rather similar men in the ads that I know I've seen in other shows, but can't place them.
    The guy who played Chase on House and mason Lockwood from Vampire Diaries
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally recognized "Chase" tonight, but since I don't watch VD I must know the other guy from somewhere else. Going to check imdb!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Taylor Kinney, from Trauma! Looked through that cast and the only other ones I remember were the helicopter pilots, one of whom was a guy named Rabbit (the other was a woman), who was played by Cliff Curtis, who I thought was maybe partly Hispanic, but his bio says he's Maori.

Taylor was also on VD as Mason Lockwood, as you said.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

Oh and one other thing bothered me: You'd think the EMS folk would be in contact with the hospital regarding the girl's health issue. The whole "I've got to save her life damn the consequences" thing read wrong.
    My husband is a firefighter/paramedic in the city and he had several issues with the first episode. First, they will check up on their patients if the patient was memorable. They don't call for standard things like heart attacks, minor accidents, etc. They will check on the patients that were near death or had horrific injuries. The hospital doesn't go into detail but they will let them know how they are doing or if, for example, a spleen was removed. Apparently that doesn't break HIPPA because 1. it's a teaching method for the men and women in the field and 2. the patient was their patient first so they are already part of their medical care.

Second, the heart procedure done on the kid in the squad...that would never have happened. It's one procedure they aren't allowed to do. Mainly because an ultrasound machine is used to monitor where the needle is going and they don't have those handy on an ambulance. The procedure that same medic did on the injured firefighter is a pretty common procedure for paramedics and isn't really a big deal. My husband said it was weird that they showed her being calm when she stuck the needle in the heart but flustered when she had to release the air pressure on the firefighter considering that it is a standard procedure and one she should have done numerous times.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I enjoyed this show and will watch again.

The only actor I recognized was the dark haired woman paramedic. She's been on The Good Wife and a couple other shows I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    My husband is a firefighter/paramedic in the city and he had several issues with the first episode. First, they will check up on their patients if the patient was memorable. They don't call for standard things like heart attacks, minor accidents, etc. They will check on the patients that were near death or had horrific injuries. The hospital doesn't go into detail but they will let them know how they are doing or if, for example, a spleen was removed. Apparently that doesn't break HIPPA because 1. it's a teaching method for the men and women in the field and 2. the patient was their patient first so they are already part of their medical care.

Second, the heart procedure done on the kid in the squad...that would never have happened. It's one procedure they aren't allowed to do. Mainly because an ultrasound machine is used to monitor where the needle is going and they don't have those handy on an ambulance. The procedure that same medic did on the injured firefighter is a pretty common procedure for paramedics and isn't really a big deal. My husband said it was weird that they showed her being calm when she stuck the needle in the heart but flustered when she had to release the air pressure on the firefighter considering that it is a standard procedure and one she should have done numerous times.
    Funny, Java. My husband is also a paramedic. He had the same complaints. I didnt watch it, I had it on my DVR. He said the guys where he works didnt care for it much. So, I gave it a pass.
    JavaJo likes this.

TV Guide reemed this show. Totally predictably. Stereotypical cliques throughout. Best part is the fire and that's not all that interesting.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread