+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 61 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Chicago Fire

OK, someone with better ears than me, did Shay say Severide WOULD be using artificial insemination techniques or would NOT be using them? I can see either way...as she didn't want the clinical approach...but she has to know if they had sex it would change how Severide sees her....

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    OK, someone with better ears than me, did Shay say Severide WOULD be using artificial insemination techniques or would NOT be using them? I can see either way...as she didn't want the clinical approach...but she has to know if they had sex it would change how Severide sees her....
    She said they WOULD be using AI techniques.

I need something clarified...

So, did the Captain actually have an affair with Mills' mother?? I was having trouble understanding what he was saying. I heard the part about Mills' parents only being apart for a few weeks (before they found their way back to one another).

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Tinderbox, I don't know if it was a one time thing with the Captain and Mrs. Mills, but I breathed a sigh of relief when the Captain said that both he and Mill's mom were separated from their respective spouses when they got together. One thing I need clarified is that Boden said something about " being the love of one's life." I think it was in reference to Mills mom. Was he saying that he himself, Boden, was the love of Mrs. Mills life, according to her, or that she, Mrs. Mills, was the love of his life? I like Boden as an actor but feel a lot of the time he mumbles. I wonder if it is because he is British and works hard on his American accent. Anyway, I found it strange that he said that all 3 of them, Mills, Boden, and Sevaride were friendly outside of the firehouse and socialized as couples, and then one, two, three, the couples are all separating. I felt a bit better knowing that Boden did not actively cheat on his wife with Mill's mom.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'll be watching it again with my daughter and hopefully I can get answers to those same questions because I wanna know as well.

Chief Boden's voice is so deep and he talks so quietly that he is hard to understand sometimes. I was hoping for either clarification or perhaps a more direct hint as to whether or not Peter had already been born BEFORE the affair. It can see them writing Peter's paternity into an episode or two.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Oh shoot, I would not like the show to take that turn.

I also had to mention that I was physically cringing in the scenes between Casey and Darden's widow. On the one hand, I felt badly for the gal as she is obviously lonely, but on the other hand, you could see how uncomfortable Casey was with her forwardness and attempts of affection. The previews for next week were interesting; Severide obviously misconstrues what happened when he sees that the widow stayed overnight. This brings us full circle to the beginning episode where Casey and Severide were still harboring ill feelings and not speaking because of Darden's death.
    Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 03-21-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

The thought did cross my mind that Mills could be Boden's son and that's why I need clarification about the whole "affair". (I've watched a lot of soaps, over the years, so my brain always goes in this kind of direction. heh)

I, too, had so darn much trouble understanding Boden. I even rewound and turned up the sound more than once but still couldn't understand his mumbling so I missed the story/explaination. I didn't realize the actor who plays Boden was British. Interesting! You're right, that could be part of the problem. Thanks for that info.

Hopefully, somebody can explain to me (us) exactly what was said...
    Last edited by tinderbox; 03-21-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

It seems odd that we have to us closed-captioning when the person on screen is speaking ENGLISH, but I use it during Duck Dynasty and for the one time I watched Honey Boo-Boo!

Here's a youtube video of him speaking with his British accent in tact:

EAMONN WALKER & CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER CADILLAC RECORDS ANS - YouTube
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Tinderbox, I don't know if it was a one time thing with the Captain and Mrs. Mills, but I breathed a sigh of relief when the Captain said that both he and Mill's mom were separated from their respective spouses when they got together. One thing I need clarified is that Boden said something about " being the love of one's life." I think it was in reference to Mills mom. Was he saying that he himself, Boden, was the love of Mrs. Mills life, according to her, or that she, Mrs. Mills, was the love of his life? I like Boden as an actor but feel a lot of the time he mumbles. I wonder if it is because he is British and works hard on his American accent. Anyway, I found it strange that he said that all 3 of them, Mills, Boden, and Sevaride were friendly outside of the firehouse and socialized as couples, and then one, two, three, the couples are all separating. I felt a bit better knowing that Boden did not actively cheat on his wife with Mill's mom.
    Did he also say something about someone's heart being broken? Yes ... the Captain is difficult to understand.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Man I really hope Boden does not end up being Mills' father. Peter was young when his dad died, and Sevaride Sr said that the reason Mills died was because he was trying to prove himself to the man that was having an affair with his wife, so the time table shouldn't align to make that happen. He could be the father of Peter's sister though - she is the younger of the two I think.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    It seems odd that we have to us closed-captioning when the person on screen is speaking ENGLISH, but I use it during Duck Dynasty and for the one time I watched Honey Boo-Boo!

Here's a youtube video of him speaking with his British accent in tact:

EAMONN WALKER & CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER CADILLAC RECORDS ANS - YouTube
    WoW! That is freaky when you're not expecting it! He is always so serious with this deep, deep voice (reminds me of deep like James Earl Jones deep) and then you see that clip...it was like watching someone else. Very cool.

P.S. My Mom's British....and she mumbles too, although I would say she 'trails off' more than mumbles, but it has the same effect.

+ Reply to Thread