+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 63 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree198Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Re: Chicago Fire

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, Anders...I guess I never really focused on him. I saw the early episodes out of order.

She and Severide have a best friends thing...and she is very adamant that she is totally lesbian, no interest in men, so while I can see Severide being interested I'm not sure she would be....maybe very drunk, but they are all joking that she already isn't drinking. I hope they will honor that background and make it a conscious decision...
    Shay has also mentioned how expensive it would be for her to get pregnant. So if it's not the baby from the dysfunctional home, she could ask Severide to help. I also think Casey is possibility.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Biologically speaking, a Casey/Shay baby would be beautiful, but . . . . . it would make for a more interesting (and possibly more convenient) story line if she would adopt. Adoption by gays is acceptable in Illinois, so they could tackled a somewhat taboo subject and do it justice. Plus, there wouldn't have to be any fake baby bumps or maternity/medical conditions changing her role as a paramedic.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Biologically speaking, a Casey/Shay baby would be beautiful, but . . . . . it would make for a more interesting (and possibly more convenient) story line if she would adopt. Adoption by gays is acceptable in Illinois, so they could tackled a somewhat taboo subject and do it justice. Plus, there wouldn't have to be any fake baby bumps or maternity/medical conditions changing her role as a paramedic.
    I just love hanging with people who are smarter than I am! Good thinking!

Casey was soooo supportive, so maybe he'll be instrumental in her being allowed to adopt that child. That however will be a really long road ... and we are assuming that the biological parents are not available and there is no other family to consider ... such as grandparents or siblings. Gay adoption might be legal in Illinois ... but we are also talking about placing the child in a single parent home and DCFS/Social Services will be all over this.

So anyway. As you said ... lots of opportunities for good storylines.

Mohandas Gandhi

Maybe Casey donates his sperm. He does want children...that's why him and Hailey didn't work out.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fanatic

Really glad I stopped watching this show. Introducing a baby storyline in the first season....talk about jumping the shark.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I'm really enjoying this show, more than I thought I would. I hope it sticks around a long time.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yeah, i didn't watch the first few episodes, thinking it wouldn't be that interesting...ho hum, another group of heroic firefighters and EMTs (not knocking the real ones, just the cardboard ones you often see on TV)...then a clip caught my eye...probably Shay telling Mills she was a lesbian...and I thought, ok, that's different and gave it a chance...did a lot of catch up on early episodes--thank you Sat. reruns!... but now really enjoy it despite my carping on how they handled Cruz's crisis of conscience. Not too crazy about the in and out girlfriend either, BUT that was almost foretold by Shay's coworker who basically said, what, you are letting her use you again? when the girlfriend moved in.
    And of course there is the miracle experimental surgery for Severide. OK, it has flows, but it's interesting, and it certainly has plenty of eye candy, whereever your tastes in candy lie!
    One query....they have a black captain, but no young black firefighters coming up the ranks? Seems odd.

One query....they have a black captain, but no young black firefighters coming up the ranks? Seems odd.
    I would think that PETER MILLS (played by Charlie Barnett) qualifies . . . although to me it seems he is more ethnically diverse than that.

Yeah, i didn't watch the first few episodes, thinking it wouldn't be that interesting...ho hum, another group of heroic firefighters and EMTs (not knocking the real ones, just the cardboard ones you often see on TV)...then a clip caught my eye...probably Shay telling Mills she was a lesbian...and I thought, ok, that's different and gave it a chance...did a lot of catch up on early episodes--thank you Sat. reruns!... but now really enjoy it despite my carping on how they handled Cruz's crisis of conscience. Not too crazy about the in and out girlfriend either, BUT that was almost foretold by Shay's coworker who basically said, what, you are letting her use you again? when the girlfriend moved in.
    And of course there is the miracle experimental surgery for Severide. OK, it has flows, but it's interesting, and it certainly has plenty of eye candy, whereever your tastes in candy lie!
    You might want to Google "black firefighters chicago" and read some of the articles. It's a long story but, basically MANY African Americans were "overlooked" because of mishandling many years ago... 17 I think. They are now trying to correct things. I used to live in a Chicago Ward where many of Chicago's city workers lived because they are required to live within the city limits. This is a ward that is on the Chicago/Suburban borderand I do not recall seeing a diverse population. A relative was also in a Nursing facility in that area and in 4 years ... I do not recall ever seeing a Black firefighter or EMT. Again ... long story but Google if you wish.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread