+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Chicago Fire

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Chicago Fire

I don't know that he was really telling him to "suck it up". It was more like . . . . . if you tell me, I will have to do something with that info, so please let me be fat, dumb and happy.

Tindebox and I must have been typing at the same time earlier today! Question is . . . was the finance girlfriend going to Spain or was it France? I am totally not sure now!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I thought the finance girlfriend was going to Spain, also, Little Sew&Sew, but not 100 percent sure. Well, looks like Dawson and Casey got their signals crossed. He assumed she knew he was 'into' her, but just had a lot on his mind. She totally thought he was not interested and moves on to Mills. Mills and Dawson, however, do have great screen chemistry, so I can see them together. Glad Severide is going to have the surgery and get cleaned up. Poor Hermann...nothing ever works out for him. I understood why Casey told Cruz to think carefully about what he wanted to confess to him. Casey is strictly a 'by the rules' kind of guy and would have no choice but to report what Cruz had done, or not done in his case, to the authorities. No 'code of silence' or whatever they call it for Casey.

It's driving me crazy about the reason behind Casey's mom killing Casey's dad. Was it spousal abuse? They haven't said, right? It's sad that Casey and his sister can not have a relationship b/c he refused to divorce himself from her. I'd really like to know more about what really happened.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I don't know that he was really telling him to "suck it up". It was more like . . . . . if you tell me, I will have to do something with that info, so please let me be fat, dumb and happy.

Tindebox and I must have been typing at the same time earlier today! Question is . . . was the finance girlfriend going to Spain or was it France? I am totally not sure now!!!
    RIght, but he clearly recognized that Cruz wanted to confess to him, and he could have been much more helpful to him by saying, I'm not the guy to confess to...IF you have something to confess... talk to someone whose discussions with you will be protected by law, and also that someone is probably better qualified to help you than I am. So I was a little disappointed in Casey. Obviously if Cruz is that cut up about it just saying your choices are keeping it a secret or going to jail is not very helpful. There is a 3rd choice. Given that they were probably both raised Catholic (judging by last names) I'm surprised a priest didn't occur to either.

It was Spain, I'm sure. I got confused...the finance woman going to Spain is not the same woman he was getting drugs from, right?

Casey and the sister did have some discussion about the death. The sister was across the country in a college dorm when it happened, Casey was at home. Dad was very emotionally (at least) abusive. BUT the fact that the daughter wouldn't know about the emotional abuse made it sound as if it was a relatively recent thing, not a long term issue while they were growing up. Also, the mom seemed kind of demanding. I mean I can see why, but she had a bit of an attitude about it. So, no, we don't really know much yet about the relationship.

yes, it was Spain - she specifically said "Madrid" - I adore Sarah Shahi and wonder why they bothered bringing the character as a temporary bed partner for Severide - I would think there would be more of a story arc involved with her. PWS - no, this is not the same woman he was getting his drugs from.

I think Casey responded 'by the book' and gave Cruz the right answer - maybe he should have advised counselling, IDK, but he's his boss and answered him as such. Cruz is a big boy and if he is struggling as much as he is, he needs to recognize he should talk to someone. I would think a job like the one they have that would be a no-brainer.
    mesachick likes this.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I am not sure if it is just my imagination or if there actually was something shown/said earlier in the season but I am thinking Cruz was religious & for some reason, I'm thinking Catholic, which means he would have known who to confess to. I think he went to Casey because Casey knew of his struggles with the dead guy vs his own brother, knew how awful the dead guy was and also knew how a situation like that (being "unable to find" a body) could have legitimately happened.

As for Casey's Mom . . . yeah, I got the battered wife feel too. Mom didn't seem all that lovable, although I am sure being in prison could have hardened her and explained how she lost track of time, thinking Casey and Hilary had dated for FOUR years when it was really EIGHT and then saying (after asking how she was) "oh well, I never liked her anyway" when her son's body language made it clear the breakup wasn't necessarily a good thing. Pretty sure it's a storyline they will continue with. The sister seems a bit hard-hearted as well, having shut the door in the face of her only brother when he had clearly come to try to resolve the issue over dinner.

If you guys say it's Spain I believe you. heh Thanks.

It was definitely Spain - Madrid to be exact - and he is going . . . . . or so he said last night. After his surgery, he'll take time off to recuperate at a rehab facility the finance-wiz girlfriend found.

We will have to wait until January 30th to see the next episode though. Guess they are taking their 'winter hiatus' break now.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post

We will have to wait until January 30th to see the next episode though. Guess they are taking their 'winter hiatus' break now.
    DISLIKE! Boo! Hiss!!!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

There wasn't an episode this week? I'm traveling and stuck with a TV that doesn't get NBC (!!!). Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    There wasn't an episode this week? I'm traveling and stuck with a TV that doesn't get NBC (!!!). Thanks.
    Yes, there was one this week (Jan 9th), but apparently it won't be back on until Jan 30th.

+ Reply to Thread