+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Jeff Probst Show

FORT Fogey

The Jeff Probst Show

I like this show. It is my current favorite talk show. I am tired of The Talk, don't watch The View anymore, never got into Kelly and whoever, so I am down to Ellen and Jeff. I may tire of this, too, but for now I find it refreshing and varied.

Pros:

The guests vary greatly and so far each has been interesting.

Cons:

The men on the couch segment is not great. They come from central casting because I recognized one of them as a guy on Millionaire Matchmaker. He was a jerk and probably not a millionaire.

Jeff had on a Lord from Secret Princes which we know is fake and Jeff treated it as totally legit. His people didnt do enough research or it is on the same network (don't care enough to check it out).

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: The Jeff Probst Show

I have not been able to watch and the one time I DVR'd it (series premier) I eventually deleted it since I hadn't heard any buzz about it... good or bad. I hear Katie has been abysmal (though I don't care for her at all). I actually like Jeff Probst quiet a bit. He seems like he's done well to take advantage of the opportunities he's been given. Is he a producer on this show (maybe he's Exec Prod, I dunno) as he is on Survivor?

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I like it when I catch it. I love him, he's so natural with everyone . Katie was and Ricki Lake was . Not into daytime very much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I didn't think I was going to like Jeff Probst, but he is really very charming and endearing. I don't watch all of his episodes, but when he has one or more good guests on, I really enjoy him. Sorry to hear your bad news about the 'men on the couch' Shoepie, cause it never occurred to me that the men might not be 'legit.' Too bad, cause I really enjoy that segment --- but now I'll be looking at it a little more skeptically.

As far as the other talk shows, I'm REALLY DISAPPOINTED in Katie Couric's talk show. With such a big build up --- it is really boring. I love Ricki Lake and Marie Osmond, but their shows are pretty boring too. Steve Harvey too. Same old, same old. And The View has become too confrontive and annoying (but I DO like Joy Behar's evening talk show "Say Anything" on the new Current TV channel). So for me, it's all about the guests --- if they're someone I want to watch, it almost doesn't matter who the host is. BUT, the talk show I'm REALLY waiting for and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE is BETHENNY FRANKEL!!! On her six week summer talk show, her hourly shows went by like two minutes! She's so bright, and sassy, and funny, and usually has great topics and segments. And her shows just had the greatest energy --- much different than the othe talk shows --- so much fun!

I posted twice(sorry)
    I must really like him
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-10-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't know his show had started. I'll have to look up when its on. I hope it's not on a channel I don't get.

TV Guide is predicting that this show is heading for the ax as it is averaging only about 800,000 viewers.

I just wish the networks would let some of their shows have a little time to build an audience.

Here's a thought what about American style novella's? Anything is better then a talk show.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

American style novellas...you mean soap operas? I haven't watched this yet as it conflicts with GH, the last of the ABC soaps where I am. I've seen bits and pieces of Katie and thought it was ok... I've never been much into talk shows, I like a plot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I didn't think I was going to like Jeff Probst, but he is really very charming and endearing. I don't watch all of his episodes, but when he has one or more good guests on, I really enjoy him. Sorry to hear your bad news about the 'men on the couch' Shoepie, cause it never occurred to me that the men might not be 'legit.' Too bad, cause I really enjoy that segment --- but now I'll be looking at it a little more skeptically.

As far as the other talk shows, I'm REALLY DISAPPOINTED in Katie Couric's talk show. With such a big build up --- it is really boring. I love Ricki Lake and Marie Osmond, but their shows are pretty boring too. Steve Harvey too. Same old, same old. And The View has become too confrontive and annoying (but I DO like Joy Behar's evening talk show "Say Anything" on the new Current TV channel). So for me, it's all about the guests --- if they're someone I want to watch, it almost doesn't matter who the host is. BUT, the talk show I'm REALLY waiting for and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE is BETHENNY FRANKEL!!! On her six week summer talk show, her hourly shows went by like two minutes! She's so bright, and sassy, and funny, and usually has great topics and segments. And her shows just had the greatest energy --- much different than the othe talk shows --- so much fun!
    I get the men on the couch now. They are not intended to be random audience members. They cast men who will be easy in front of the camera and candid. They make no bones about hiring the men on the couch spots. I thought they were random and I was wrong. It makes sense to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    American style novellas...you mean soap operas? I haven't watched this yet as it conflicts with GH, the last of the ABC soaps where I am. I've seen bits and pieces of Katie and thought it was ok... I've never been much into talk shows, I like a plot.
    The telenovellas are different from our soaps. There's a story that lasts for a certain number of weeks and then it's over and they start on a new one. It's more like reading a bunch of short stories vs. a never-ending book series.

I've watched a few episodes of this one and I enjoyed it. I think it's better than some other talk shows, but I think it's getting lost in all the new shows. Frankly, I'd rather watch Jeff's show that Ricki Lake or Katie Couric.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast