+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Jeff Probst Show

Re: The Jeff Probst Show

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Shame I had heard Katie Couric's show sucked.
    It does. Watch her numbers go , she wont last.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It does. Watch her numbers go , she wont last.
    When she goes I hope she take Dr. Phil will her, can't stand him. I just feel he is so fake and two faced and contemptuous of people especially he victims/guests.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

When she goes I hope she take Dr. Phil will her, can't stand him. I just feel he is so fake and two faced and contemptuous of people especially he victims/guests.
    I hear ya. I guess I don't mind some of his shows. I also think he has a solid following. These others are Oprah wannabees, and even if you didn't like Oprah, there will never ( ever) be a daytime host that comes close to her show
    bee stung lips likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

He's way, way too self-righteous for my tastes. I was over him about six years ago. And he can take his overly perky wife with him too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I actually kind of like Katie's show...today it was about slave and sex trafficking in the US, and it was done, I thought, powerfully and yet tastefully. I've never seen Jeff's as it is on opposite GH where I am.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I work from home two days a week and turn on the tv in my home-office at 2pm those days to catch Jeff's show. I'm never disappointed and always glad I watched. It's uplifting and downright enjoyable. Of course that means it's doomed, right?

I hope not!!!
    I'm so sad... the Jeff Probst show has been canceled
    I knew it was doomed when I thought it was good enough to set that DVR timer. I still think it is such a good show and I'm going to miss it

I know Critical posted about this back on 2/14 but I just heard Jeff talk about it on his show today

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I knew it was doomed when I thought it was good enough to set that DVR timer. I still think it is such a good show and I'm going to miss it

I know Critical posted about this back on 2/14 but I just heard Jeff talk about it on his show today
    I know he had some interesting guests as well . dang!
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I wasn't surprised that Jeff got his own show because he is a very good interviewer. When he subbed on CNN he was awesome. I just didn't like the format of his own show, yet, I can't figure out why.

So Jeff, Ricki and Anderson are gone. Meh, I did like Anderson's show. It made me giggle how anal retentive he was/is. It must be exhausting just being his friend.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

I liked Jeff's show at first then I found them piling up on my DVR; there are many I have not watched because the subject matter was of no interest.

I love him hosting Survivor but I came to think he was not that good in a talk show format. He is a little over the top with enthusiasm for lack of a better word. Frantic and hyper are too strong. Too wide eyed and complimentary when a more sophistocted approach would work better in interviews. I am fishing for words here and trying to put my finger on it. He didn't seem relaxed or totally comfortable, maybe.

I would have liked it to continue, however. It takes more than one season to establish a style and format that works. I don't think he was getting feedback on where it could improve. I didnt care for he and the guest host chatting at the table. The conversations were not that interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345