+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Jeff Probst Show

Re: The Jeff Probst Show

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    oh yes! I really enjoyed Hugh Jackman today - he seems like a great guy. so talented and soooooo handsome
    Yes, almost too good to be true! I love the guy and cannot wait for for Les Mis. Jeff was so comfortable with him and he doesn't fawn all over them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, shoot. I had a feeling this was going to happen.

Jeff Probst talk show is canceled
    by Lynette Rice
    Some day, someone will figure out how to parlay’s Jeff Probst’s talent for talk into something that doesn’t involve a deserted island: CBS Television Distribution today decided to not go forward with a second season of his daytime talk show.

“We believe Jeff is an incredible talent, and that he and his dedicated producing team delivered quality episodes throughout the season,” according to a studio statement. ”Unfortunately, the audience isn’t there to support a second year. We are grateful to the entire staff, our affiliate partners and advertisers for their ongoing support of The Jeff Probst Show. Production and broadcast of original episodes will continue through the current season.”

Added Probst in a statement: “I’m super bummed but extremely proud. The truth is all shows come to an end. Ours just ended a decade sooner than we had hoped.”

The news comes a week after Twentieth Television decided to pull the plug on Ricki Lake’s freshman talk show, which also failed to garner enough ratings for a second season. One other new talk show will see another year: Katie Couric’s show has been renewed.
    Jeff Probst talk show is canceled | Inside TV | EW.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Shame I had heard Katie Couric's show sucked.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like Katie's show. I like Jeff's show too. No reason they can't co-exist.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I haven't watched either Jeff or Katie, but since ABC revamped their whole daytime lineup to accommodate Katie, they are almost in a position of having to keep her on the air.

Funny, since Katie's show is on NBC in my city and Jeff's show is on ABC. Why ABC would shift programming over a syndicated show, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Funny, since Katie's show is on NBC in my city and Jeff's show is on ABC. Why ABC would shift programming over a syndicated show, I don't know.
    Katie is on ABC here. Didn't they time shift General Hospital to an hour earlier & cancel All My Children to make a slot for Katie. I know they had those other two shows The Chew & whatever that other one is, but I thought Katie was the big reason for all this shuffling. Perhaps, I'm wrong, as I said I have never watched either one.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I only watched two episodes of Jeff's show, but enjoyed them both. He had a "man crush" thing going on about Hugh Jackman, but who could blame ANYONE for having a crush on Hugh Jackman.

The second one I watched was Pete Rose (whom I adore). And Jeff was still talking about Hugh Jackman!

Too bad it was cancelled. He seems like a really nice person and not all full of himself.

They did shift those shows, but in my city, Jeopardy is on ABC opposite Katie's show on NBC at 2 pm. Jeff Probst has been airing at 3 pm. They canceled One Life to Live and gave the 1 pm slot to The Revolution, which was then canceled. That cancellation saved General Hospital (at least that's the theory) when Katie's show was picked up. Anyway, not really important. I just found it annoying that they changed GH's time slot when Katie wasn't even airing on ABC here.

I have to say, of the three new talk shows this season - Katie, Ricki Lake and Jeff - I thought Jeff's was the best. It was the one I watched the most, at least. I'm sure he'll be just fine, but I'm still disappointed.

Critical, Perhaps it has been discussed elsewhere & if so I apologize but didn't they also have cancelled Ricki Lake?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast