+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Jeff Probst Show

  1. #21
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    My DVR did catch the Scott Barnes episode. That woman who kept doing more and more and more plastic surgery... she's got issues.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  2. #22
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,298

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    My DVR did catch the Scott Barnes episode. That woman who kept doing more and more and more plastic surgery... she's got issues.
    I know, its almost like they get fixated on their looks to the point, nothing will ever be okay with them again. At some point I hope a doctor steps in and says no. No more
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  3. #23
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know, its almost like they get fixated on their looks to the point, nothing will ever be okay with them again. At some point I hope a doctor steps in and says no. No more
    Personally, I felt she had some emotional/personality issues going on as well. Her responses to questions and her overall demeanor just makes me think she's just a bit "off" to start with.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  4. #24
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,171

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    I don't watch every day, but when I do, I really enjoy it. I'm surprised at how really insightful Jeff is....does that sound insulting? I don't mean it to be. I guess because I only know him from Survivor, I didn't expect him to be so intelligent....not that I thought he was an idiot or anything.

    I don't know how he's doing in the ratings, but I hope he sticks around. I'm still sad about Anderson Cooper's show changing time slots and then being canceled. I don't want Jeff to suffer the same fate.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #25
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,298

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    I try and watch it every day. It's so different. I love it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    I like this show, too. There are some I skip like the cast of a soap opera and things that hold no interest for me. I thought he acted a little weird with Eric Roberts.

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,004

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like this show, too. There are some I skip like the cast of a soap opera and things that hold no interest for me. I thought he acted a little weird with Eric Roberts.
    I like this show too, although I usually only watch it when I'm interested in a particular guest.

    I thought the interview with Eric Roberts was fascinating. To me, Eric Roberts is a bigger-than-life character who should have been a mega-star, and he actually was on his way to becoming a huge star, when he got in his own way and probably killed his own career. I don't know if it was because of drugs, or his temper, or his unwillingness to do whatever, but it's a shame because he's very, very talented and definitely has all the acting skills and charisma he needs --- but at a certain point, he was no longer able to get the big roles any more, and he just faded into oblivion with occasional small roles in 'B' movies and tv shows.

  8. #28
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I like this show too, although I usually only watch it when I'm interested in a particular guest.

    I thought the interview with Eric Roberts was fascinating. To me, Eric Roberts is a bigger-than-life character who should have been a mega-star, and he actually was on his way to becoming a huge star, when he got in his own way and probably killed his own career. I don't know if it was because of drugs, or his temper, or his unwillingness to do whatever, but it's a shame because he's very, very talented and definitely has all the acting skills and charisma he needs --- but at a certain point, he was no longer able to get the big roles any more, and he just faded into oblivion with occasional small roles in 'B' movies and tv shows.
    I missed that show and would've like to have seen it. Eric was on The Young and The Restless for a while back in 2010 I think it was. It was a regular role and he was good! But then he had substance abuse problems... again... and went to rehab... again... and well, that was the end of that :-/

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  9. #29
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,298

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    I loved the show with Eric. Enjoyed the one today with Hugh Jackman as well!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  10. #30
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,847

    Re: The Jeff Probst Show

    oh yes! I really enjoyed Hugh Jackman today - he seems like a great guy. so talented and soooooo handsome
    AZChristian likes this.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.