+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The Jeff Probst Show

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: The Jeff Probst Show

My DVR did catch the Scott Barnes episode. That woman who kept doing more and more and more plastic surgery... she's got issues.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    My DVR did catch the Scott Barnes episode. That woman who kept doing more and more and more plastic surgery... she's got issues.
    I know, its almost like they get fixated on their looks to the point, nothing will ever be okay with them again. At some point I hope a doctor steps in and says no. No more
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know, its almost like they get fixated on their looks to the point, nothing will ever be okay with them again. At some point I hope a doctor steps in and says no. No more
    Personally, I felt she had some emotional/personality issues going on as well. Her responses to questions and her overall demeanor just makes me think she's just a bit "off" to start with.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I don't watch every day, but when I do, I really enjoy it. I'm surprised at how really insightful Jeff is....does that sound insulting? I don't mean it to be. I guess because I only know him from Survivor, I didn't expect him to be so intelligent....not that I thought he was an idiot or anything.

I don't know how he's doing in the ratings, but I hope he sticks around. I'm still sad about Anderson Cooper's show changing time slots and then being canceled. I don't want Jeff to suffer the same fate.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I try and watch it every day. It's so different. I love it
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I like this show, too. There are some I skip like the cast of a soap opera and things that hold no interest for me. I thought he acted a little weird with Eric Roberts.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I like this show, too. There are some I skip like the cast of a soap opera and things that hold no interest for me. I thought he acted a little weird with Eric Roberts.
    I like this show too, although I usually only watch it when I'm interested in a particular guest.

I thought the interview with Eric Roberts was fascinating. To me, Eric Roberts is a bigger-than-life character who should have been a mega-star, and he actually was on his way to becoming a huge star, when he got in his own way and probably killed his own career. I don't know if it was because of drugs, or his temper, or his unwillingness to do whatever, but it's a shame because he's very, very talented and definitely has all the acting skills and charisma he needs --- but at a certain point, he was no longer able to get the big roles any more, and he just faded into oblivion with occasional small roles in 'B' movies and tv shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I like this show too, although I usually only watch it when I'm interested in a particular guest.

I thought the interview with Eric Roberts was fascinating. To me, Eric Roberts is a bigger-than-life character who should have been a mega-star, and he actually was on his way to becoming a huge star, when he got in his own way and probably killed his own career. I don't know if it was because of drugs, or his temper, or his unwillingness to do whatever, but it's a shame because he's very, very talented and definitely has all the acting skills and charisma he needs --- but at a certain point, he was no longer able to get the big roles any more, and he just faded into oblivion with occasional small roles in 'B' movies and tv shows.
    I missed that show and would've like to have seen it. Eric was on The Young and The Restless for a while back in 2010 I think it was. It was a regular role and he was good! But then he had substance abuse problems... again... and went to rehab... again... and well, that was the end of that :-/

I loved the show with Eric. Enjoyed the one today with Hugh Jackman as well!
    -Andy Rooney-

oh yes! I really enjoyed Hugh Jackman today - he seems like a great guy. so talented and soooooo handsome
    AZChristian likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast